Suarez & Diving

Rico1304 said:
Markt85 said:
I'm With Stupid said:
The fact is that it works though. He got 2 of our players yellow carded early on by diving, meaning they had to be careful for the rest of the match.

Exactly this, why is he going to stop diving when it benefits his team and there is f*ck all punishment, a yellow at worst.

The FA should give players a 10 match ban for diving - no player would do it

until then, if i was a manager i would ENCOURAGE them to dive, roll around and cheat as much as possible

I agree - Toure would have been banned for yesterday's game, the rest of the season and the start of next...

You are aware Mark is a West Ham fan so probably isn't bothered about Yaya Toure, right?

Diving is part of the modern game, and will continue to be so until the authorities clamp down upon it severely enough that the punishment is more damaging than the benefits. Suarez dives. There's absolutely no debating this. In the same way that Ashley Young dives. There are other players that dive too, whether it be regularly, or as a one off. Neither situation is acceptable, but it's the persistent offenders who are the hardest to take. If you cheat time and time and time again then you're going to attract attention, and the ire, of opposition fans. I'm sure Suarez couldn't give a shit about any of that, just as long as he and Liverpool benefit from his actions, which leads me nicely back to the authorities. Make the punishment serious enough and Suarez WILL care, and he'll need to adjust his behaviour accordingly. In fact I'd make the ability to punish things like diving retrospective. If someone dives, and gets away with it at the time, the referee should be able to review the footage after the game and decide upon the relevant punishment then. The only way to eradicate it is to hurt those who try to dive.

I'd ban the lot of them mate, same with shirt tugging at corners. For me on the 1st day of next season they should award a pen every time, there might be 25 pens across the Prem on that day but it's the only way to stop em.

The fact he's a West Ham fan makes no difference to the fact.

Matty said:
Rico1304 said:
Markt85 said:
Exactly this, why is he going to stop diving when it benefits his team and there is f*ck all punishment, a yellow at worst.

The FA should give players a 10 match ban for diving - no player would do it

until then, if i was a manager i would ENCOURAGE them to dive, roll around and cheat as much as possible

I agree - Toure would have been banned for yesterday's game, the rest of the season and the start of next...

You are aware Mark is a West Ham fan so probably isn't bothered about Yaya Toure, right?

Diving is part of the modern game, and will continue to be so until the authorities clamp down upon it severely enough that the punishment is more damaging than the benefits. Suarez dives. There's absolutely no debating this. In the same way that Ashley Young dives. There are other players that dive too, whether it be regularly, or as a one off. Neither situation is acceptable, but it's the persistent offenders who are the hardest to take. If you cheat time and time and time again then you're going to attract attention, and the ire, of opposition fans. I'm sure Suarez couldn't give a shit about any of that, just as long as he and Liverpool benefit from his actions, which leads me nicely back to the authorities. Make the punishment serious enough and Suarez WILL care, and he'll need to adjust his behaviour accordingly. In fact I'd make the ability to punish things like diving retrospective. If someone dives, and gets away with it at the time, the referee should be able to review the footage after the game and decide upon the relevant punishment then. The only way to eradicate it is to hurt those who try to dive.
The only problem with cheats like Clattenburg is that he DID see it in real time and took no action - ie, bottled it/cheated. We have seen in the past - the Adebayor/van Pansie incident springs to mind - that, once again, he was looking directly at the incident and changed his view about it when "leaned" on by the FA. Remember, he also changed his reason for Adebayor's goal celebration to that of "time wasting", so as to get him censured/fined by the FA. Strange, he was probably the first player back in his own half, and never left the pitch!

Matty said:
Scareye said:
He is a diving, biting racist fucking cheat.
That's all there is to it really.
Unfortunately he's also an exceptionally good footballer.

He is the epitome of the 'win at any costs' mentality. There is more to football than winning. I never supported Barton after his personality became obvious. Sadly Suarez's ability means that Liverpool fans are happy to have no integrity in who they support. I would personally never support a racist, diving, child like that. Doesn't matter how good he is.

Scareye said:
Matty said:
Scareye said:
He is a diving, biting racist fucking cheat.
That's all there is to it really.
Unfortunately he's also an exceptionally good footballer.

He is, that doesn't excuse any of the above though mate.
Quite the opposite mate, as I had a pretty heated conversation about with a liverpool fan yesterday, he has more than enough ability that he shouldn't need to resort to dirty tricks and he'd probably be a far more effective footballer against the top teams if he just shut up, concentrated on playing his football and got on with the game.

Al;ways remember this **** when he bit the Chelsea lad.Look at his immediate reaction once he realises what he`s done.Its at the Kop end and he spins around and screams in pain holding his ankle or shin.**** tries to pin the blame on the full back !!!
Horrible,horrible excuse for a human being.Would live to see him get "hurt" big style and thats something I`m not proud to admit,but in this instance,IMO it merits it.

This cheating is all pervasive in the game. All the pundits will say 'he should have gone down' in instances where a player is through and stays on his feet but the chance is lost. Or the comments about Dzeko going down 'too late' yesterday. A foul should be a foul whether the player manages to stay on his feet or not and refs shouldn't need players to exagerate the impact to see it. Diving and exagerating the impact of a foul is not different from drug cheating in atheletics. It should be monitored after the event and if a player is caught he should get a 2 year ban.
We'd see a few more riding challenges like Aguaro did so famously two years ago.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.