Suarez

sjk2008 said:
I don't for one minute think they are skint. However, it doesn't mean they are willing to throw another £100m in a manager's hands after the previous one bought a pitch full of complete average-ness.

They are not going to qualify for the CL, probably not even the EL, this year, whether they keep Suarez or not, so I suppose they could look at the bigger picture and say "We keep Suarez, and try again next year" or "Sell him, bring in another 3 or 4 players to boost the squad, and try again next year.

Unless FSG are willing to throw more money into the manager's hands, when said manager spent £11m of it on Fabio Borini, then there isn't much more option. Plus, there's also the factor of whether Suarez is 100% at Liverpool. He joined them ad they're a bigger club than Ajax and felt he would be fighting to win titles in better competitions. Quite clearly, that isn't happening for him at the moment, and doesn't look like it's going to any time soon.

You make a good argument there mate. I suppose if BR was given all the money he raised plus a bit more then he could be tempted to sell. But we're talking mid season. If they were to create a market in January and someone did bite, their season would go straight down the shitter. Look at how they had their pants taken down over Carrol ... a 50 million sale of Suarez is useless in Jan because anyone you go and buy you'll have to pay a premium for.

moomba said:
Don't know if this has been mentioned, but FSG's investment company recently lost a lot of money.

Can't remember details but I think it closed with assets of a couple of hundred million USD, as opposed to a few billion a year or so ago.

It was other peoples money rather than Henry's or FSG's. His personal wealth is estimated at 1.1 billion.

BillyShears said:
sjk2008 said:
I don't for one minute think they are skint. However, it doesn't mean they are willing to throw another £100m in a manager's hands after the previous one bought a pitch full of complete average-ness.

They are not going to qualify for the CL, probably not even the EL, this year, whether they keep Suarez or not, so I suppose they could look at the bigger picture and say "We keep Suarez, and try again next year" or "Sell him, bring in another 3 or 4 players to boost the squad, and try again next year.

Unless FSG are willing to throw more money into the manager's hands, when said manager spent £11m of it on Fabio Borini, then there isn't much more option. Plus, there's also the factor of whether Suarez is 100% at Liverpool. He joined them ad they're a bigger club than Ajax and felt he would be fighting to win titles in better competitions. Quite clearly, that isn't happening for him at the moment, and doesn't look like it's going to any time soon.

You make a good argument there mate. I suppose if BR was given all the money he raised plus a bit more then he could be tempted to sell. But we're talking mid season. If they were to create a market in January and someone did bite, their season would go straight down the shitter. Look at how they had their pants taken down over Carrol ... a 50 million sale of Suarez is useless in Jan because anyone you go and buy you'll have to pay a premium for.

I agree with you re the January Market prices. On the flipside, Liverpool will know that they will probably get much more money for Suarez in January, than perhaps say June.

Even though the board sactioned the Carroll, Henderson & Downing deals, I don't think they'd be equally as stupid here to be prepared to sell Suarez in Jan UNLESS they already had replacements lined up.

They've been linked with Villa a few times now and, I can also see Sanchez off next summer, so perhaps there's two names straight away that could fit the bill. That being said, who's to say they'd want to go there?

If Suarez goes in Jan, it's a risk, no question. But so is sticking their heads in the sand and believing the squad they currently have can compete at the top.

They need to do something and, despite him being their best player, selling Suarez is not, IMO, out of the question, whether it be Jan or July.

sjk2008 said:
BillyShears said:
sjk2008 said:

I agree with you re the January Market prices. On the flipside, Liverpool will know that they will probably get much more money for Suarez in January, than perhaps say June.

Even though the board sactioned the Carroll, Henderson & Downing deals, I don't think they'd be equally as stupid here to be prepared to sell Suarez in Jan UNLESS they already had replacements lined up.

They've been linked with Villa a few times now and, I can also see Sanchez off next summer, so perhaps there's two names straight away that could fit the bill. That being said, who's to say they'd want to go there?

If Suarez goes in Jan, it's a risk, no question. But so is sticking their heads in the sand and believing the squad they currently have can compete at the top.

They need to do something and, despite him being their best player, selling Suarez is not, IMO, out of the question, whether it be Jan or July.

Llorente is the most likely candidate IMO because of his contractual situation. I can see Liverpool moving for him regardless of the sale of Suarez.

I don't think they would be under any illusions about the strength of their squad. It's weak, even if it does have some quality in it.

Hope we go for Falco and not Suarez. Suarez is a great player but misses an awful lot of chances, same as our current strikers. We do need someone like Falco who is perhaps not as technically gifted as Suarez but puts alot more of his chances away

BillyShears said:
NipHolmes said:
Look at Newcastle when they sold Carrol. Imo they want PSG to go in for him or the likes of. Sell for 40-50, so too Carrol 15-20 and maybe Downing if they find someone stupid to pay 10+ and that's a sum if 65+ to spend. Off the back of that the warrior deal and the new tv package and that's a rebuild sum right there.

Speculation on my part but I can see it.

The most important point anybody yet is to have mentioned is that Liverpool board detest him and nearly lost a few sponsorships through him. Forget on field matters, the club relies on sponsorship revenue and Suarez is a hazard for them

It's not impossible and I have no idea what the Liverpool board think of Suarez to be honest. I just find it hard to believe that this story has come from them, when I heard it from a City source yesterday.

It is not improbable that his source was from LFC.

I don't know why you are so certain that it hasn't come from LFC.

mad zab said:
It is not improbable that his source was from LFC.

I don't know why you are so certain that it hasn't come from LFC.

I know where it's come from mate. That's pretty much all I can say, and in saying that I've said too much and will probably get a bollocking off the person who told me!

Anyway, we'll see. It's not a big enough deal for us to worry about IMO. City will be linked with loads of players and will look at loads of players. Doesn't mean we're going to sign them all.

Personally I'm a fan of Suarez's but I know a lot of people aren't.

BillyShears said:
sjk2008 said:
BillyShears said:

Llorente is the most likely candidate IMO because of his contractual situation. I can see Liverpool moving for him regardless of the sale of Suarez.

I don't think they would be under any illusions about the strength of their squad. It's weak, even if it does have some quality in it.

You know what, I totally forgot about Llorente.

Saying that, is Llorente Rodgers' kind of player. He's basically a more clinical Andy Carroll with better feet. He would be a freebie though, so it's a cracking deal for anyone.

I would rather sell Suarez for £30m and get Llorente (free) and Villa (£10m?) and still have £20m in the pot.

Re Llorente - I wouldn't be surprised if Milan or Juve went in for him, though.

sjk2008 said:
You know what, I totally forgot about Llorente.

Saying that, is Llorente Rodgers' kind of player. He's basically a more clinical Andy Carroll with better feet. He would be a freebie though, so it's a cracking deal for anyone.

I would rather sell Suarez for £30m and get Llorente (free) and Villa (£10m?) and still have £20m in the pot.

Re Llorente - I wouldn't be surprised if Milan or Juve went in for him, though.

I reckon he'd totally be a Rodgers kind of player. For a big guy he's got superb technical ability. He's equally adept with the ball at his feet as he is with the ball being played to his head.

In their shoes if I could get him in and keep Suarez, I'd be thinking about CL football next season with one or two more clever additions. Selling Suarez puts them back where they began.

Personally I think if Llorente has the choice between England and Italy, even if it's Liverpool and no CL football, he'll come to England. There's not that many Spaniards playing in Italy, and it's a shit league. In contrast whether he moves to London or the North West he'll have plenty of mates around him.

From what I can gather, City haven't shown any interest which means this story has probably come from us which is fucking terrifying. The last time we decided to sell a key player for funds to get more in, we went from 2nd to 7th and our best Manager since Dalglish was replaced with Roy Fucking Hodgson.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.