Suarez

When you consider those #foreveralone celebrations and now this story of Liverpool being behind this rumour, one gets a feeling they are putting him up for auction, get a good price while he is performing very well on the field and strengthen their squad with reinforcements.

dominicquinn19 said:
From what I can gather, City haven't shown any interest which means this story has probably come from us which is fucking terrifying. The last time we decided to sell a key player for funds to get more in, we went from 2nd to 7th and our best Manager since Dalglish was replaced with Roy Fucking Hodgson.
I say this with no gripes with Liverpool or you as fans but that guy you SOP cherished put you 3 steps back after blowing the kitty.

Terrible scouting too. Kenny and his team literally bought overpriced flavour of the months and now you're paying for it.

Roy never got a fair crack of the whip imo. He took an unbalanced team with shit owners and a shoestring budget on. I also think the players didn't play for him. All opinion.

Roy gave Fulham 2 of our promising youngsters (One of whom is now a full Swedish International) and money for Paul Fucking Konchesky which still hurts. This is gonna make us sound like total dicks, but the man just never got Liverpool.

I agree on Kenny for what it's worth. I love the man with a passion but our transfers were 90% appalling. Don't think it's 100% fair to accuse him of all of it though. From what we can tell, Comolli was the man in charge of transfers. Kenny said he had to approve them but Comolli was all about stats and buying players based on how many chances they created the previous season, hence Henderson and Downing. Adam was all Kenny from what I can tell but at least we didn't spend £20M on him like we did Downing. But yeah, the last couple of years have been an awful time for us in so many ways.

Anyway, on topic, Rodgers just said in his press conference that the lad isn't for sale:

"You have to ask Mancini. If we lose Luis we won't have any strikers."
"He is world class. He is very happy here."
"There'd be no bidding war - he's staying here"

Although he's hardly gonna come out and say he's going.

I think all this is immaterial anyway. Daft as it sounds, I think City probably can't afford him. We must get our act together for FFP and new PL break-even rule so bringing in a player that could tie up £80/90m including wages etc is highly unlikely IMO. Stuffing up in CL again won't help either. This is just a complete no-go for me. Just papers filling up column inches to whet our appetite for the forthcoming transfer window........

chestervegasblue said:
Three consecutive Tweets from Simon Mullock at the Mirror:

Just had a call from a very senior source at MCFC. Been told there has been no move for Luis Suarez and there are no plans to bid.

Lot of anger at the Etihad about being linked with Suarez. MCFC think LFC are trying to create a market for their most prized asset

Suarez story written by Merseyside-based reporters. Clearly briefed by LFC. What the motive is for misinformation is a matter of conjecture

Oh dear.

City better ask what the fuck someone was doing then even suggesting to some people he fancied Suarez at Liverpool.

This got back to Liverpool and is why said pack ran with it.

The premise of the story is 100 per cent accurate, aside from the usual bullshit about price and the fact it won't and can't happen for various reasons.

Just tittle-tattle table talk crap for the fire and someone I would hate to see at our club.

Falcao remains the primary target, I pray and hope.

Plain Speaking said:
Ntini77 said:
I'd like to know what Tolmie has to say on this.

I'm pretty sure TH made a passing reference to someone's Suarez comment the other day, I cant find any trace now!

Not me pal.

Didn't have a scooby until also heard the whispers yesterday.

City are right, it's clearly not true, that we are even in for him, but that's a different story to misjudged idle gossip.

tolmie's hairdoo said:
Plain Speaking said:
Ntini77 said:
I'd like to know what Tolmie has to say on this.

I'm pretty sure TH made a passing reference to someone's Suarez comment the other day, I cant find any trace now!

Not me pal.

City are right, it's clearly not true, that we are even in for him, but that's a different story to misjudged idle gossip.
Apologies, I know there have been lots of comments from reputable BM posters.

Plain Speaking said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
Plain Speaking said:

Not me pal.

Apologies, I know there have been lots of comments from reputable BM posters.

Counts me out!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.