Suella Braverman - sacked as Home Secretary (p394)

Genuine question because I don't know but is the slow down in processing applications purely due to the increased number that need processing? Has there been an increase in resources to meet the demand, or even a decrease while demand has been rising? Surely in our interests to put whatever resources are needed into processing applications quickly and integrating the successful ones and turning the rest around.
Yeah it is, and I expect criminal checks. @west didsblue said the same thing. The issue is, can we deport anyone now without a media frenzy ?

Because last time I checked, we are also in a monetary crisis. Are there no jobs in Albania?

Edit: they are also not at war.
Immigration generally has a positive effect on GDP. Are you aware that there is now an estimated 21 trillion pounds hidden in the British territories avoiding tax? Imagine if we could stop that, restore public services AND help vulnerable people who wish to live in the UK.

So the steady upturn in immigration since we have left the European Union has had a detrimental effect on the job market? And, not to be rude, but your last paragraph is patronising. Come to think of it.. so is the rest. Can people who've come in since not fill these positions?

Most people really aren't racist. It may be surprising to hear that, towns and city's all over the country have seen a low wage economy because of of unfettered immigration, which is why they voted to leave the EU. For it to increase and for you to say what you are saying.. no disrespect, your opinion is as valid as mine.
We pretty much have full employment in this country. Anyone who wants a job or is allowed to work can pretty much get one. Not sure why you think there’s unfettered immigration and your post doesn’t make a huge amount of sense when you’ve said immigration is up after we voted to control immigration. It all points to government incompetence in mismanaging immigration and asylum processes.

Yeah it is, and I expect criminal checks. @west didsblue said the same thing. The issue is, can we deport anyone now without a media frenzy ?
What did I say?

I want a competent Home office funded and managed properly that can quickly apply legally robust processes to asylum seekers to either give them permission to stay and work or to quickly deport them rather than having a half baked system that illegally puts people arriving by irregular means straight on to a plane to Rwanda without applying due process, and when that fails putting them in either squalid camps or overpriced hotels. It would remove the issues related to thousands of unprocessed migrants costing us a fortune, sometimes getting involved in petty crime to survive and not contributing to the country by working in sectors that are desperately short of labour.

We pretty much have full employment in this country. Anyone who wants a job or is allowed to work can pretty much get one. Not sure why you think there’s unfettered immigration and your post doesn’t make a huge amount of sense when you’ve said immigration is up after we voted to control immigration. It all points to government incompetence in mismanaging immigration and asylum processes.
The freedom of movement was unfettered. I did clarify.

Will just leave this here for those that give credence to the Tory and MSM legend that uncontrolled immigration is the biggest problem facing this country. The facts are we take in far far fewer than any of the larger European economies, those that do apply are almost always accepted and those that stay contribute positively to the economy.

but hey, it’s better moaning about illegal immigration and invasions than facing into the reality of what the U.K. has become.

Immigration generally has a positive effect on GDP. Are you aware that there is now an estimated 21 trillion pounds hidden in the British territories avoiding tax? Imagine if we could stop that, restore public services AND help vulnerable people who wish to live in the UK.
We have different views obviously. The sanctions on Russia and the continued donations to Ukraine cost similar amounts. The movement of money is detriment or not depending on what your beliefs. No, I'm not pro Russia, I'm neither pro Ukraine

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.