Suella Braverman - sacked as Home Secretary (p394)

Saying housing asylum seekers puts pressure on communities isn’t racist or bigoted in itself, I’ll give her that. The problem is, she’s deliberately putting asylum seekers in situations where their presence puts pressure on already underfunded local communities through policies of deliberately slow and overcomplicated claim processing and then pushing people waiting for processing out into hotels and B&Bs where they can’t work or contribute, then blaming the asylum seekers for not being processed in good time. And further, then doing nothing about the racists and bigots who turn up to cause grief because they don’t care the issue is her policies, they just want a ruck.

So the real question should have been why she’s pursuing policies that cause the maximum friction and encouraging racists and bigots with her ham-fisted language, but strangely GBeebies didn’t feel compelled to ask her that.

Saying housing asylum seekers puts pressure on communities isn’t racist or bigoted in itself, I’ll give her that. The problem is, she’s deliberately putting asylum seekers in situations where their presence puts pressure on already underfunded local communities through policies of deliberately slow and overcomplicated claim processing and then pushing people waiting for processing out into hotels and B&Bs where they can’t work or contribute, then blaming the asylum seekers for not being processed in good time. And further, then doing nothing about the racists and bigots who turn up to cause grief because they don’t care the issue is her policies, they just want a ruck.

So the real question should have been why she’s pursuing policies that cause the maximum friction and encouraging racists and bigots with her ham-fisted language, but strangely GBeebies didn’t feel compelled to ask her that.

Because it’s all a political game. Like in America, Conservatives in the UK don’t really want to solve immigration. As long as they feed their electorate their red meat and dog whistles they can blame the “wokerati” “anti growth coalition” “lefties” for the small boats. Don’t have to look far in this thread for proof. Immigration is strictly a wedge issue to create friction.

The idea of putting refugees in hotels was.always going to be cause problems.
Sadly this country is well and truly finished I'm glad my late Dad isn't here anymore to see it.
I'm all for helping people but we've lost site of looking after our own.
It's all very sad, what a horrible place the UK is now.

No, but it doesn't really matter - she can't seem to do anything (ditto Priti Patel), for instance how many planes have flown to Rwanda, even though it has been signed off as Ok by all the various UK courts?

The fact is we have a lefty liberal government, a lefty liberal civil service and a Lefty liberal (Labour) opposition.

Her and Lee Anderson and a few others should really just setup their own Party (or join Reform) but they won't do that because for everthing they say about the country, they are really in it for themselves first and foremost. Because of the electoral system if you are not in one of the established parties, you are just doing yourself out of a job.
You, Sir, are an absolute whopper.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.