Suella Braverman - sacked as Home Secretary (p394)

Respected people such as Tony Blair and William Hague:

Where does it say in that article that one of the key pull factors is the absence of an ID card? The word immigration isn’t mentioned once in that article.

Where does it say in that article that one of the key pull factors is the absence of an ID card? The word immigration isn’t mentioned once in that article.

Last week when Hague and Blair made their latest pronouncement on I.D. cards they didn't, no (probably because it is so toxic) but just one year ago I read this:

"Tony Blair has launched a new drive for ID cards as he claims it would tackle illegal migration.

A report by the former prime minister’s institute, published on Friday, said the weakest link in the Government’s approach to migration was its failure to crack down on a black market fuelled by unscrupulous employers giving jobs to illegal migrants."

I don't normally agree with Tony Blair, but he dead right on this.

Someone explain that (a) most asylum seekers head for other European countries, not the UK and (b) tent cities and prefabs would need planning consent and (c) Braverman doesn't read the thread so it's a waste of time giving her ideas. I think even the Tories even gave up on the off-shore prison hulk idea.

Last week when Hague and Blair made their latest pronouncement on I.D. cards they didn't, no (probably because it is so toxic) but just one year ago I read this:

"Tony Blair has launched a new drive for ID cards as he claims it would tackle illegal migration.

A report by the former prime minister’s institute, published on Friday, said the weakest link in the Government’s approach to migration was its failure to crack down on a black market fuelled by unscrupulous employers giving jobs to illegal migrants."

I don't normally agree with Tony Blair, but he dead right on this.

How would not having a digital ID card stop an unscrupulous employer giving a job to someone who hasn't got a digital ID card?

It's not as if we haven't got a shortage of people willing to do menial jobs (since Brexit) but how could anyone have reliable statistics on the prevalence of asylum seekers working when they shouldn't?

How would not having a digital ID card stop an unscrupulous employer giving a job to someone who hasn't got a digital ID card?

It's not as if we haven't got a shortage of people willing to do menial jobs (since Brexit) but how could anyone have reliable statistics on the prevalence of asylum seekers working when they shouldn't?

Because periodically the authorities would inspect suspicious businesses and if it is found that employees are working illegally (no I.D. card or fake I.D. card) the business is shut down.

Easy-peasy.

It is a clear pull-factor motivating the cross-channel boats and it should be addressed. All this 'invasion of privacy' stuff is just a smoke-screen. It saddens me that even Nigel Farage is opposed to I.D. cards, he should just shut up about the dinghy issue whilst he remains wedded to that belief.

Respected people such as Tony Blair and William Hague:

Or we could just drown them

Or we could just drown them

It's easy to take the moral high-ground, by posting something like that, but what do you suggest to solve it: open borders?

Anyone from Afghanistan, Iran, Pakistan and anywhere in Africa can up-sticks and move to Europe, many aiming to get to the UK, is that your solution?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.