Suella Braverman - sacked as Home Secretary (p394)

I haven't once said that I have a problem with refugees staying in a hotel, as long as if they fail asylum they are removed.
That isn’t the problem though is it. The problem is we aren’t processing the asylum seekers. If the figure of 75% of applications are approved is correct. Then we are only taliking about what happens to 10,000 a year.
The government are therefore talking about detaining and removing 30000 genuine cases without any hearing,to distract from their own incompetance. Thats wrong.

Do you believe in passports?
I do not believe in them, they are a reality in todays world. They have existed for a long time (thanks Wiki) The first recorded prototype of a passport dates to 450 BC, when Nehemiah, serving as an official to the Persian King Artaxerxes I, wished to visit his ancestral homeland of Judea, and the king issued him a letter “to the governors beyond the river,” asking that he be granted safe passage to travel and ultimately return to Persia.
Do you believe in controlled immigration?
Yes I believe in that, though it is not so simple. We have obligations under Treaty Law to accept asylum seekers, they are not immigrants. The Government quite rightly set up schemes to help people from Ukraine and Hong Kong, yet they refuse to remove international students from immigration figures which keeps them artificially high. The Tories are also quite happy for the rich to apply for UK passports and even put one of them in the House of Lords.
Are you an open border advocate?
No.

I do not believe in them, they are a reality in todays world. They have existed for a long time (thanks Wiki) The first recorded prototype of a passport dates to 450 BC, when Nehemiah, serving as an official to the Persian King Artaxerxes I, wished to visit his ancestral homeland of Judea, and the king issued him a letter “to the governors beyond the river,” asking that he be granted safe passage to travel and ultimately return to Persia.

Yes I believe in that, though it is not so simple. We have obligations under Treaty Law to accept asylum seekers, they are not immigrants. The Government quite rightly set up schemes to help people from Ukraine and Hong Kong, yet they refuse to remove international students from immigration figures which keeps them artificially high. The Tories are also quite happy for the rich to apply for UK passports and even put one of them in the House of Lords.

No.

Thanks for the reply Rascal, there isn't that much I would disagree with there mate.

Its not illegal to come. Read the facts

It bloody well must be illegal if they turn up in a rubber boat on the South Coast and try to avoid passport control and immigration.

It bloody well must be illegal if they turn up in a rubber boat on the South Coast and try to avoid passport control and immigration.
Its not illegal to come. Read the facts

No point wasting your time giving facts to people they would rather believe the Daily Mail etc

It is. Except they have a complete defence to those immigration crimes as long as they present themselves to the authorities without delay and have a valid asylum claim accepted.

Refugees may never have had genuine passports in their own name, in certain countries, persecuted minorities and dissidents may have difficulty obtaining them.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.