Suella Braverman - sacked as Home Secretary (p394)

Says it all really. Politics as theatre with no intention of solving the problem and inciting race hate to win votes. Squalid and dishonest. But that’s Tories for you.
Massive distraction to all the other shit this bunch of underhand, dishonest, spiteful, rascist, entitled, inept charlatans have piled upon us for the last 13 years.

for all those wanting for it to be illegal imagine there was major civil unrest in the UK or a nuclear accident bigger then Chernobyl. Wouldn't they try to get themselves and their families abroad to a place of safety? Then imagine if they were trying to get to France or the Netherlands who's population campaigned to keep them out claiming what they were doing was illegal so their govt's locked them in hotels and a few months later deported them to a safe 3rd country - say Gabon for example. Surely that would be fair?

From the FT.

A leading Conservative business figure has quit the party after almost 40 years, citing the party’s alleged “f*** business” attitude and willingness to put vulnerable groups on the front line of a culture war. Iain Anderson, founder of the Cicero public relations group and named “LGBT business champion” in Boris Johnson’s government in September 2021, said he was switching his support to Labour.

Key to his decision to abandon the Tories now is his belief, based on discussions with party insiders, that Prime Minister Rishi Sunak will ramp up the so-called culture wars as a central part of his 2024 election strategy. “It was made pretty clear the plan is to run a culture war to distract from fundamental economic failings,” Anderson said. “It’s not something I want any part of.”

for all those wanting for it to be illegal imagine there was major civil unrest in the UK or a nuclear accident bigger then Chernobyl. Wouldn't they try to get themselves and their families abroad to a place of safety? Then imagine if they were trying to get to France or the Netherlands who's population campaigned to keep them out claiming what they were doing was illegal so their govt's locked them in hotels and a few months later deported them to a safe 3rd country - say Gabon for example. Surely that would be fair?
If I had managed to get to France I wouldn't be risking my life trying to get to Holland even though I would prefer to live there.

Poor analogy I'm afraid.

There wouldn't have to be civil unrest the way this Government is going.

Niemoller's poem is evocative in that regard.

As a leftist I might have to seek political asylum.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.