Suella Braverman - sacked as Home Secretary (p394)

and like Goebbels said "If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it".

Braverman's lie about millions coming here was just an amplification of Farage's breaking point poster.
Which is probably why she upped it to billions. At her rate, there’ll be so many boats in La Manche, I’ll be able to walk over from Calais without getting my feet wet.

The UKs population density is however quite unbalanced, we have large areas like the highlands of Scotland, the southern uplands and the pennines that have some of the lowest population density in western Europe, and then London and the south east and the Midlands and North west conurbations which have some of the highest densities in Europe. So that figure alone doesn't tell the whole story.
The population density argument is a red herring. There are no British conurbations or cities that feature in the most densely populated in the world.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_world_cities_by_population_density
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_cities_proper_by_population_density

The thing is Vic, he probably is not, but it shows how easy it is for far right wing propaganda to gain a foothold in communities. The client media gaslight the people, it gets amplified by the likes of that fucking dickhead Farage and like Goebbels said "If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it".

Braverman's lie about millions coming here was just an amplification of Farage's breaking point poster.

It is quite heart warming for me to see the opposition to the mad fucker Braverman's stupidity on here, it appears most realise it is a fucking con job aimed at keeping them in power and that the poor people who risk coming here are a fair price to pay for them to continue serving there capitalist masters.

Was always going to happen eventually. The conservatives now have pretty much morphed into UKIP and they seem to have completely forgotten that they only ever won one parliamentary seat at an election…

They’ve dragged quite a fair few along with them but nowhere near enough for some of these things to actually be popular policies. They also have the issue that that kind of thing works better when you’re in opposition. When you’ve been in power for 13 years and people are struggling to get by day to day due to your actions, it’s a lot harder to make them emotive enough that they forget all of that..

Why do you think i would take less? Especially as we are in effect attempting to take none.

You are now the 4th poster that has now read a post and just made shit up. It has reminded me why this subject is beyond debate on here.

And to round it off we had the laughable we have loads of room in the countryside point. Which never fails to raise a laugh such is its stupidity.

The world is a changing and countries need to wise up and the solution isn't to be found with the racists or those lacking realism or common sense.

By realistic solution you mean rejecting the 1951 UN convention on Refugees on the grounds it wasn’t recent enough? As if lack of immediacy is the problem here. I mean, the US system of Government is based on a 1789 document so I think we can live with the 1951 convention for a few years yet.

More than a few posters have pointed out common sense and realistic solutions such as properly resourcing a vetting system and setting up processing centres in France. The boat crossings are a direct result of Govt policy and stunts like the Braverman bill will do nothing to solve the issue and will only add to the death toll. These stunts also tarnish the UK’s international reputation, but then events over the last seven years or so have pretty much fucked that anyway.

Was always going to happen eventually. The conservatives now have pretty much morphed into UKIP and they seem to have completely forgotten that they only ever won one parliamentary seat at an election…

They’ve dragged quite a fair few along with them but nowhere near enough for some of these things to actually be popular policies. They also have the issue that that kind of thing works better when you’re in opposition. When you’ve been in power for 13 years and people are struggling to get by day to day due to your actions, it’s a lot harder to make them emotive enough that they forget all of that..
The Conservative Party has been hijacked. The only one that doesn’t see it is the one at the top of the pile.

And those who are stuck in the 70s.

Take up the French offer- from years ago- of setting up properly staffed assessment and detention centres where applications for asylum/refugee status can be processed quickly and efficiently by trained professional personnel instead of getting into boats and risking their lives.
That's fine as far as it goes, but what happens to those applicants who get refused?
Will they simply go home, try an illegal route or be removed (and if so to where)?

The population density argument is a red herring. There are no British conurbations or cities that feature in the most densely populated in the world.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_world_cities_by_population_density
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_cities_proper_by_population_density
It's not a red herring it's a statement of fact. There have been plenty of figures and papers about it. I studied the reasons for it years ago and since then it's no doubt got more uneven.
The ONS did one a couple of years back. We are talking about Western Europe by the way.

Anyway why is it an issue for me to add to the debate with a fact? Why are people queuing up to try and belittle what I said. Its as if you want to shout down anyone who dares to point out something that doesn't back up your ideas or beliefs. That's not a debate is it?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.