Suella Braverman - sacked as Home Secretary (p394)

The UKs population density is however quite unbalanced, we have large areas like the highlands of Scotland, the southern uplands and the pennines that have some of the lowest population density in western Europe, and then London and the south east and the Midlands and North west conurbations which have some of the highest densities in Europe. So that figure alone doesn't tell the whole story.
That could probably be said for every country on earth. People follow wealth and jobs. We live in a world of mega cities now.

London by far the biggest city in the UK is only the 37th biggest worldwide, no other UK city is in the top 80, it is however the 2nd biggest in Europe behind Paris.

The three least population dense countries in Europe are Iceland, Finland and Norway. The Baltic states are not far behind.

It's not a red herring it's a statement of fact. There have been plenty of figures and papers about it. I studied the reasons for it years ago and since then it's no doubt got more uneven.
The ONS did one a couple of years back. We are talking about Western Europe by the way.

Anyway why is it an issue for me to add to the debate with a fact? Why are people queuing up to try and belittle what I said. Its as if you want to shout down anyone who dares to point out something that doesn't back up your ideas or beliefs. That's not a debate is it?
I’ve just posted 2 links to lists of the most densely populated places and there’s nowhere in the UK on either. Taking the country as a whole we’re quite densely populated compared to many but the impact of being densely populated can only be felt locally and even the most densely populated areas in this country are nowhere near the higher density areas around the world. That’s why it’s a red herring. No need to be so sensitive about someone disagreeing with your point.

That could probably be said for every country on earth. People follow wealth and jobs. We live in a world of mega cities now.

London by far the biggest city in the UK is only the 37th biggest worldwide, no other UK city is in the top 80, it is however the 2nd biggest in Europe behind Paris.

The three least population dense countries in Europe are Iceland, Finland and Norway. The Baltic states are not far behind.
It not the same for countries in western Europe of similar populations. But hey ho never mind.

The Conservative Party has been hijacked. The only one that doesn’t see it is the one at the top of the pile.

And those who are stuck in the 70s.

Yup. I know a fair few (historical) conservative voters that feel more anger towards the government than some people I know who are more left wing.

Well, apart from a bloke called Dan who’s gone along with them and turning borderline BNP.

Dan’s a ****.

Last edited:
Looking at immigration as a percentage of population in Europe I can find.
Germany - 23%
UK - 16.8%
Spain - 15.23%
Belgium - 12. 7%
Netherlands - 12%
Italy - 10.6%
France - 10.2%

So we do appear to be pulling our weight a lot more than your average Nazi country (apart from Germany rather ironically). France seems very popular for wealthier immigrants (British) but not so much for poorer immigrants which probably explains why many immigrants risk their lives to get out of Calais!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.