Suella Braverman - sacked as Home Secretary (p394)

Whatever the rights and wrongs around the immigration issue we are clearly being played by a govt that needs to find a polarising and populist issue to dominate the next GE and persuade large chunks of the population that have been shafted by them for over a decade to vote for them again. It's what they did with brexit, and it's what I believe they will try to do now with immigration.
On that basis I don't think there is anything stupid or I'll judged about what braverman said today- it's absolutely calculated.

I’m not sure, think this is more infighting in the conservatives and you’re giving them a bit too much credit, they’ve been guilty of exactly the behaviour you suggest before but they were a bit more united then. There’s already right wing journalists saying this is an ERG vs No.10 battle.

The most racist immigration policy agenda has been delivered by a procession of Asian home secretaries… if I didn’t have a sense of humor I would cry.

These cockroaches have no shame. They realized white people saying racist things polls bad but when it comes from a brown/black person is their version of “woke”.

I don’t know how and when as a POC you sell your soul to be someone’s puppet. Millions of their ancestors died for them to be where they are and they choose this. As a black man it really hurts seeing it in the UK and USA.

I don’t care if another black person or minority subscribes to a different POV from me. But at least do it with some self respect!
I think the point here is that we're talking about people who are from an immensely privileged background despite their status as a racial minority. They are all the children of wealthy professionals who bought their kids an expensive private education. They have as much of an idea of what it's like for a poor black or brown kid growing up as George Osborne does a poor white kid.

I think the point here is that we're talking about people who are from an immensely privileged background despite their status as a racial minority. They are all the children of wealthy professionals who bought their kids an expensive private education. They have as much of an idea of what it's like for a poor black or brown kid growing up as George Osborne does a poor white kid.

That too but their is an even more cruel, vile and cynical reasons why Sunak, Patel, and Braverman are the loudest mouth pieces. It’s disgusting in so many ways and it needs to be condemned by everyone for what it really is.

lol.
they are leeches cashing in on a weak country that's full of tree huggers.
asylum seekers my arse. if they were they would be safe in many other countries and not have to risk crossing the channel .

The majority do stay in other countries - France, Germany and Spain, none of which of which are their first safe place of entry for most, process significantly more than we do. Are they even more weaker countries in your mind?

lol.
they are leeches cashing in on a weak country that's full of tree huggers.
asylum seekers my arse. if they were they would be safe in many other countries and not have to risk crossing the channel .
I'm sure large numbers of them are as you describe, but how do we suss out who's who and help the deserving? So far I've not heard any of our politicians come up with policies that effectively find a sensible middle ground between uncontrolled immigration and the 'send em back' school of thought.

My in-laws live in Risley. They're a lovely couple, quite liberal and caring about others. They do all the charities, hate racism and aggression. Cant stand the Tories and how they run the country, always voted Liberals or Greens...
Anyway, they live in Risley, a nice little retirement village with a hotel in the grounds.

Trouble is the hotel was turned into a refugeee centre a few years ago, rubbish everywhere. suddenly you'de see a mattress thrown into a pond or the police coming round to sort something out - Lots of lovely people were housed there too, this is not at all a rant about immigrants.

My in-laws were livid, never seen them so angry and strangely, at odds with themselves over immigration. They wanted them OUT. They joined the whole petition and protest thing. It actually got into the news and became quite a thing and eventually the residents got their way, the immigrants were moved and lovely middle class life could continue. But so did their liberal and fair view of the world! Moral compass intact.

To me tells me that says it all, its not just about racism (as someone above also mentioned). Its about not wanting to see it, not have to deal with it, someone else should deal with that.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.