Suella Braverman - sacked as Home Secretary (p394)

Correspondent on itv news talking about potential compensation claims from some inmates of manston.
Imagine how they will spin that if it happens.
It’ll be all about ‘lefty lawyers’ exploiting EU human rights legislation to hand out British tax-payers money to ‘illegal’ immigrants, which should be spent on the NHS and schools etc.
Grist to the mill for those who would manufacture division and fury to get votes.

Asylum applications haven't increased that much. But the speed of dealing with them has plummeted. If they'd used the money spent on the Rwanda scheme on employing people to deal with applications it wouldn't be out of control.
If they did that then there wouldn’t be a problem with asylum seekers because they’d be quickly dealt with and either given permission to stay if their claim was genuine or be deported. The problem with that is that it goes against unstated government policy to fan the flames of culture wars and secure votes from people who instinctively don’t like foreigners.

Correspondent on itv news talking about potential compensation claims from some inmates of manston.
Imagine how they will spin that if it happens.
It’ll be all about ‘lefty lawyers’ exploiting EU human rights legislation to hand out British tax-payers money to ‘illegal’ immigrants, which should be spent on the NHS and schools etc.
Grist to the mill for those who would manufacture division and fury to get votes.

Yep - we break our obligations then under laws brought in by this Govt ever man. woman and boy will get between £5 to £6k compo - if they can get you money for buying a car with the "wrong" engine then lawyers will have a field day - that compo will come with costs too

The “invasion” rhetoric she used today is genuinely dangerous and wholly inappropriate given her position. The fact that she is in the position she is is hugely damning on Sunak. It was a major misjudgement to re-appoint her.

The “invasion” rhetoric she used today is genuinely dangerous and wholly inappropriate given her position. The fact that she is in the position she is is hugely damning on Sunak. It was a major misjudgement to re-appoint her.

Ironically it's the same sort of poison Thatcher used against Asian immigrants in her speech at Runnymeade. "swamped" it was then.

Sunak is already a dead man politically as a result of appointing a fascist in my opinion.

Rather appropriately for Halloween, and out of curiosity, tonight I went along to a talk at the Triratna centre which Cruella occasionally visits.

Afterwards, I asked the guy who gave it about her and said that I was having difficulty figuring out how his presentation, which had emphasised the importance of cultivating meditative awareness, empathy for others, and eventually an all-embracing explosion of loving-kindness triggered by an experience of non-duality, a lack of separation between self and other (all bog-standard stuff in Buddhism), could be reconciled with the behaviour exhibited by their most famous adherent.

The answer was quite interesting . He pointed out that she was only a Mitra, or what is known as a ‘friend’ of the community, and that the views that she expresses were not necessarily always representative of the values of that community.

I think (was a bit knackered after a long day and cannot recall the conversation verbatim, plus I am quite severely hearing impaired) that he also said that it was the same with other faiths.

What I cannot recall is whether he, or another person we were standing with specifically used the word ‘bad’ in doing so, in the sense that they wanted to suggest that you can have bad Buddhists just like you can have prominent members of other faiths that do not always live up to the moral standards that are required of them.

TBF, I think he added that this is the same for all of us in this respect, including him.

However, on subsequent reflection, two things struck me: becoming a Mitra in that organisation does entail a fair amount of commitment. From what I recall (I will need to check), over a period of three years (?) you have to go on what sounds like fairly intensive meditative retreats and involve yourself with other activities which are designed to extend your knowledge and understanding of your faith and deepen your level of meditative insight.

For this reason, it doesn’t some unreasonable to expect that you would end up not being quite as conceited and vile as she palpably is.

Reading between the lines and going off my gut feelings, I reckon that I may have also detected a faint whiff of exasperation, with her rather than me for asking what I did, though I can’t be sure.

In closing, I would add that Triratna have been affected by a lot of incidents and scandals in their brief history, but that the people I met and spoke with were very open and pleasant, as were those who I chatted to who had come along to hear the presentation.

So maybe Braverman is a bit like to Triratna, what Joey Barton or Danny Mills are to most City fans.

Last edited:
Harry Cole is getting angry. Must be losing the argument as once again he’s talking over his female pundit.

I‘d like to see anybody, left or right, defend this absolute tool?

Reminds of the Wind in the Willows with John Cleese as Toad's defence barrister :)

There's no defence for Fatty Cole, he is Paul Shit Staines' (of Guido Fawkes) former apprentice.

However, on subsequent reflection, two things struck me: becoming a Mitra in that organisation does entail a fair amount of commitment. From what I recall (I will need to check), over a period of three years (?) you have to go on what sounds like fairly intensive meditative retreats and involve yourself with other activities which are designed to extend your knowledge and understanding of your faith and deepen your level of meditative insight.

This period of reflection didn't coincide with nonces being in charge did it?

Maybe she just sucked or wanked one of them off to become a Mitra?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.