Suella Braverman - sacked as Home Secretary (p394)

It’s the media narrative that gets all the hate on the crossing!

They could come from a different angle ! Saying we going to have possessing offices and buildings in France and England we going to process them as quick as we can because this country need young healthy mend and woman to come here wanting to work to make this country much greater! We don’t want them risking there lives on the channel crossings, so all young motivated immigrants are welcome!

I've recently started acting as my brother's primary carer; the challenges we're facing getting a care package sorted and the absolute disrepair that the government has allowed health and social care to get into makes me despair about our infantile dialogue about immigration.

It also got me thinking about the care/support he's had in the past. One thing that struck me was that the best quality of personal care he has received in terms of diligence and dignity has (literally) always been provided by immigrants and specifically by black immigrants. Now that might just of course be coincidence (or a simple numbers game based on the demographics in the care sector). However, I remember one of the guys who came in to bathe my brother when he lived with my sister. He was by far my brothers favourite and I could understand why, he treated him with great compassion and respect and not a little humour. I once had a chat with him from which an observer could have taken away two things....(1) his English was heavily accented and still developing so it required quite bit of effort on both our parts to have the conversation (2) the much more important thing was the distinct sense you got that emotionally (and possibly culturally I would suggest) he considered what he was doing to not be an 'entry level' job but something of real importance and value.

I suppose my only point is that whilst our politicians pander to and feed narratives to people who would prefer to focus on the first of those takeaways rather than the second, we will continue to shoot ourselves in the foot economically and in other ways too.

Last edited:
I've recently started acting as my brother's primary carer. The challenges we're facing getting a care package sorted and the absolute disrepair that the government has allowed health and social care to get into makes me despair about our infantile dialogue about immigration.

It also got me thinking about the care/support he's had in the past. One thing that struck me was that the best quality of personal care he has received in terms of diligence and dignity has (literally) always been provided by immigrants and specifically by black immigrants. Now that might just of course be coincidence (or a simple numbers game based on the demographics in the care sector). However, I remember one of the guys who came in to bathe my brother when he lived with my sister. He was by far my brothers favourite and I could understand why, he treated him with great compassion and respect and not a little humour. I once had a chat with him from which an observer could have taken away two things....(1) his English was heavily accented and still developing so it required a quite bit of effort on both our parts to have the conversation (2) the much more important thing was the distinct sense you got that emotionally (and possibly culturally I would suggest) he considered what he was doing to not be an 'entry level' job but something of real importance and value.

I suppose my only point is that whilst our politicians pander to and feed narratives to people who would prefer to focus on the first of those takeaways rather than the second, we will continue to shoot ourselves in the foot economically and in other ways too.
Really well put, I’m in a care home at the minute the majority of careers are immigrants and they do a great job, one of the worries is the NHS haven’t got the capacity to put me up in a hospital and if it wasn’t for immigrants who’d be looking after people in my situation.

Half agree with you.
It's designed to create just one baying mob who don't need much convincing that the terrible state of the country is down to a few thousand people arriving on a rubber dinghy into a country with a population of 68 million. The rest of us want a competent government to put a system in place that can efficiently deal with immigration and asylum in a manner that allows the persecuted and those that qualify to stay and quickly deports the chancers and criminals, rather than locking them all up together in squalid conditions whilst blaming the system for which they have been responsible for the last 12 years.
Spot on. And what the Tories are brilliant at as a way of staying in power is creating fear amongst a section of the electorate. They did it in the 80s, same playbook now and over the last few years.

Think they're covered under race. Depends on whether you define them as a race or a species I suppose.

My son's ginger mate always responds to gingerism by claiming gingers are actually genetically superior, he has a series of 'facts' to back this up along the lines of 'gingers are less susceptible to rickets'.

He also claims it's taken as a given that gingers are 'hotter', but it has been pointed out to him that that is normally said in reference to a particular type of Irish woman and/or the likes of Isla Fisher and Amy Adams rather than teenage brummies sporting a buzz cut.

He also claims it's taken as a given that gingers are 'hotter', but it has been pointed out to him that that is normally said in reference to a particular type of Irish woman and/or the likes of Isla Fisher and Amy Adams rather than teenage brummies sporting a buzz cut.
This bit made me laugh :)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.