Summer exits...

ColinBellsjockstrap said:
FantasyIreland said:
themadinventor said:
I'm going to stick my neck out and say I don't think CT is going anywhere in the summer, he will see out his contract I think now.

I hope so,he's our second best striker and finding a replacement of his quality would be some task.

I agree. I hope he decides to stay.
The guy who handed in 2 transfers request and stayed in argentina for how many months?

Yeah i hope he stays too(!!)

lee-mcfc said:
ColinBellsjockstrap said:
FantasyIreland said:
I hope so,he's our second best striker and finding a replacement of his quality would be some task.

I agree. I hope he decides to stay.
The guy who handed in 2 transfers request and stayed in argentina for how many months?

Yeah i hope he stays too(!!)

ycmiu

The nail firmly hit on the head re CT.
I actually think he is doing okay since his return and have never had a problem with his attitude on the pitch.
I do think theres a chance he will want to stay but we cant risk more trouble with him so if we can get rid its a nobrainer. Problem is of course we still need to get a reasonable price for him.

One of the other main issues with player outgoings in the summer is, that other than De Jong and Kolo Toure, all the other players that can easily be "upgraded" are English.

You see threads about bringing in new players, but ultimately, the positions they play in are where the English players play now. New winger like Hazard (replace Johnson/Milner), new midfielder like Martinez (replace Barry), new centre-half like Thiago Silva (replace Lescott). (I'm talking in the sense of what will happen with the starting XI, Martinez could easily replace De Jong, but De Jong isn't a regular like Barry is, the same goes for the centre half with Lescott and Kolo)

It could very well end up being that the only English "starter" we have next year will be Hart. Then our bench and squad will have to be made up with English players in order to meet the 8 in 25 rule.

brian the blue said:
One of the other main issues with player outgoings in the summer is, that other than De Jong and Kolo Toure, all the other players that can easily be "upgraded" are English.

You see threads about bringing in new players, but ultimately, the positions they play in are where the English players play now. New winger like Hazard (replace Johnson/Milner), new midfielder like Martinez (replace Barry), new centre-half like Thiago Silva (replace Lescott). (I'm talking in the sense of what will happen with the starting XI, Martinez could easily replace De Jong, but De Jong isn't a regular like Barry is, the same goes for the centre half with Lescott and Kolo)

It could very well end up being that the only English "starter" we have next year will be Hart. Then our bench and squad will have to be made up with English players in order to meet the 8 in 25 rule.

So we'll be replacing the best right back in the league this year next season? (Think you forget meeks)

Chungo said:
brian the blue said:

So we'll be replacing the best right back in the league this year next season? (Think you forget meeks)

Ah shit, yeh forgot Richards, make that 2 English starters.

It is a fact that English players aren't of the same technical quality as players from other European countries.

Even in small European countries, they are producing more and more technical players.

Technique is the future.

Jumanji said:
It is a fact that English players aren't of the same technical quality as players from other European countries. Even in small European countries, they are producing more and more technical players.
True enough, just look at Giggs and Bale across the river.

brian the blue said:
Chungo said:
brian the blue said:

Ah shit, yeh forgot Richards, make that 2 English starters.

I could have sworn Lescott was having a fantastic season & the defence has been shite without him whether Vinny plays or not. Must have imagined it.

I think if Mourinho comes in, Adebayor will stay. Doesn't Mourinho rate him? Maybe even Tevez.

Imagine if Dzeko and Balotelli made way for Adebayor and Tevez, people we've been paying the past 2 years to not play for us??

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.