Summer Transfer Window

GK: We need a replacement for Pantilimon because as far as I know he hasn't signed a new contract and wants to leave for first team football which we should respect after his performances when Hart was rested. Hopefully a home-grown one.

DEF: I'd like to see Rodwell being given a chance at centre back because he's got all the attributes of a top player in that position if we can get the positional sense drilled into him. I think Nastastic will come good again after a dip on form this season too but I definitely think we need to replace Demichillis as he's a fucking liability with a top class, pacey, intelligent centre back. Our style makes traditional big, strong centre backs look 20 years out of date.

MID: Cover for Fernandinho is essential, Fernando seems like an ideal choice but if he's signed a new contract then we might have to look elsewhere. Milner needs to play more in the middle as well, I just don't rate him out wide even though he does offer us a different option defensively. Lopez can cover for Silva, Nasri and Navas with Jovetic dropping back if need be too.

STK: No chance needed unless Dzeko wants to leave for first team football, he's too good to be sat on anyone's bench but I'd like him to stay.

had we paid the extra for Mangala and Fernando most of the summer window would have been done and dusted now I fear we will miss out on one or both as they are highly sort after and our dear neighbours will be chasing a solid centre half with vidic leaving As for Rodwell its sad but he has only to look at a football and he is back in the treatment room ,possibly another Darren Anderton mark two,

For me, the minimum we need

Out
Lescott
Barry
Boyata
Sinclair
Rodwell (loan)
Pantilimon
Demichelis

In
Mangala
Fernando
Cancelo
English backup keeper
Rekik (promote to be 4th choice)

Then the far less likely bits that would be nice to really push our squad on to a ridiculous level

Out
Dzeko
Kolarov
Garcia

In
Isco
Coentrao
Pogba

aguerooooo said:
had we paid the extra for Mangala and Fernando most of the summer window would have been done and dusted now I fear we will miss out on one or both as they are highly sort after and our dear neighbours will be chasing a solid centre half with vidic leaving As for Rodwell its sad but he has only to look at a football and he is back in the treatment room ,possibly another Darren Anderton mark two,

What is your reasoning for assuming these or any player would choose a utd in middle upper table who are juggling finances, as opposed to us?.
We can offer the cash and CL footy and a pretty secure long term future at the top of the table, utd can offer the cash and only to a few.
Whilst uncle Malcolm is taking his hefty chunk and they are financing the club in the manor they are i am almost sure they could offer maybe one more player this summer huge wages and no more.
This is not going to see them back in the top 4 mix proper any time soon.

I think if we were after the same players as them we have imo anyway a better chance to get the player.

I think the club should sign someone who has the potential to win the Ballon d'or prize one day.

Also we need a RB and a CB who can be as good as Kompany.

The Daily Fail seem to think that we might be in for Swansea's Ben Davies. I think he's probably a good prospect as he's strong technically, a good crosser of the ball, athletic and pacy, and most importantly … British.
Atletico join City, Liverpool and Arsenal among shock suitors for Swansea's Davies

By Simon Jones

PUBLISHED: 10:44 EST, 17 February 2014 | UPDATED: 11:03 EST, 17 February 2014

Swansea defender Ben Davies is drawing interest from some of Europe’s biggest clubs despite signing a new four-and-a-half-year contract before Christmas.

The 20-year-old Wales international has been monitored by Manchester City, Liverpool, Arsenal and, surprisingly, Atletico Madrid in recent months.

All the clubs are in the market for a left-back and while Davies may not be the No 1 choice for all he is figuring prominently on their list of potential buys.
Davies has played more than 60 games since making his first-team debut for Swansea against West Ham in August 2012 and has made rapid progress.

Swansea do not wish to sell and showed an ability to resist offers when Fulham bid for £4million for Davies’s teammate Neil Taylor last month. However, the lure of Champions League football could be hard to resist if Davies’s suitors follow up with a substantial offer.
Talking after signing his new deal before Christmas, Davies said: ‘It wasn’t a difficult decision and it’s always great to sign a new deal and commit my future to the club. This is a great place to learn and improve and it’s nice to be rewarded for all the effort I’ve put in.

'I think it’s the right place to be at in terms of my career, and if I’m playing regularly and I’m happy then that’s the main thing and all I can ask for.’

fatbloke said:
GK: We need a replacement for Pantilimon because as far as I know he hasn't signed a new contract and wants to leave for first team football which we should respect after his performances when Hart was rested. Hopefully a home-grown one.

DEF: I'd like to see Rodwell being given a chance at centre back because he's got all the attributes of a top player in that position if we can get the positional sense drilled into him. I think Nastastic will come good again after a dip on form this season too but I definitely think we need to replace Demichillis as he's a fucking liability with a top class, pacey, intelligent centre back. Our style makes traditional big, strong centre backs look 20 years out of date.

MID: Cover for Fernandinho is essential, Fernando seems like an ideal choice but if he's signed a new contract then we might have to look elsewhere. Milner needs to play more in the middle as well, I just don't rate him out wide even though he does offer us a different option defensively. Lopez can cover for Silva, Nasri and Navas with Jovetic dropping back if need be too.

STK: No chance needed unless Dzeko wants to leave for first team football, he's too good to be sat on anyone's bench but I'd like him to stay.

We are waaaaaay beyond having to chance playing a player out of position in the vain hope that he may come good.
We just go out and buy either a proven CH or the brightest kid out there, namely Mangala.

BigOscar said:
For me, the minimum we need

Out
Lescott
Barry
Boyata
Sinclair
Rodwell (loan)
Pantilimon
Demichelis

In
Mangala
Fernando
Cancelo
English backup keeper
Rekik (promote to be 4th choice)

Then the far less likely bits that would be nice to really push our squad on to a ridiculous level

Out
Dzeko
Kolarov
Garcia

In
Isco
Coentrao
Pogba

Would love it if either Isco or Pogba is signed! I'd prefer Pogba...added benefit of rubbing salt into the rags' wounds.

IMO we need 5 more quality players like last summer

Getting rid of sentiment

We need a right back who doesn't get injured and is better or as good as Zab

We need two centre backs again both as good as Vinnie one to play when he is injured and the other to replace Lescott

We need a defensive midfielder/box to box to play instead of Yaya or Fernandhino.

We need another creative player who can act as a striker to take the pressure of Nasri and Silva.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.