Summer Transfer Window

TrueBlue1705 said:
Stanger said:
NoahCity said:
Draxler was one who I had in mind.

Stephan el Shaarawy

Yes please - love this guy, exciting player & has pace ...

-- Thu Feb 13, 2014 10:06 pm --

blinkblue said:
Replacing Dzeko with someone like El Shaarawy would be good, would give us more options. Lescott isn't good enough technically so he should be replced. Richards and Rodwell are too injury prone and should be replaced, possibly loan Rodwell out. Garcia does a job but if we can get a replacement that's better then great.

Mangala, Fernando, Zuculini and El Shaarawy would be my choices. As for replacing Micah, someone like Calum Chambers would be ideal as Zaba's understudy. I think he'll be better than Clyne.

I dont think we should write off Richards & Rodwell just yet ....

When should we write them off then? They are constantly injured, they are taking precious space in the squad, we can't persist giving them time constantly, imagine we had someone reliable to step in when Fernandinho is injured? We wouldn't look as all over the place as we do now or end up having to play Demichelles there. We are competing in 4 competitions now, we need reliable squad players, Rodwell and Richards are not and I don't think ever will be, if anyone was willing to buy them in the summer and we could get suitable replacements in then I would drive them there myself.

I'm pretty patient when it comes to writing players off but I think it's time we cut our losses with Rodwell. Micah depends on what sort of a potential replacement and at what price

I still think Rodwell has massive potential and with his athleticism should be an asset in Pellegrinis system - what sort of wage is he on?

Micah IMO just needs to lose some of the 'bulk' I don't think it's helping him ....

The Fat el Hombre said:
I'm pretty patient when it comes to writing players off but I think it's time we cut our losses with Rodwell. Micah depends on what sort of a potential replacement and at what price

With you there. I wasn't too impressed when we signed him but I was prepared to give him a chance.
Well he's had that chance and even when he isn't injured he just isn't up to the required standard.
He's another Scott Sinclair and the sooner we replace him the better.

As to Micah and Rodwell, I honestly don't care. I doubt either will ever have a substantial impact at the club but, based on their inability to stay healthy, we would only receive peanuts for them anyway.

I also realize cr central def and defensive mid are our most obvious needs but I truly think we need an additional world class AM. Every other elite team has 3-5 and while I think highly of nasri and Jesus, they aren't there. And when silva has his semi annual hobble we are proper f+++cked. Get reus or as close as we can. After selling dzeko the net spend shouldn't be more than 20.

TrueBlue1705 said:
I still think Rodwell has massive potential and with his athleticism should be an asset in Pellegrinis system - what sort of wage is he on?

Micah IMO just needs to lose some of the 'bulk' I don't think it's helping him ....

I agree but he's been hear almost 2 seasons and made about 16 appearances! It's not just one big injury either, they're constant.

I think he's far superior to scott sinclair, stony. But unfortunately he just can't stay fit

NQCitizen said:
Dzeko out Muller in. Sign a brilliant AM, hardworking winger and a decent striker in one go.

Would be a great signing, but can't see him leaving Bayern.

TrueBlue1705 said:

Potential does not put the hard effort in on the pitch or help the squad in any way, the hard fact is he is never fit so it does not matter how good he could be.
He is taking a squad place up, no team fighting in 4 comps can afford that luxury.

Micah has had that bulk almost always, if he is not going to lose some muscle now he never will, this has been an issue for him all his career.
It is just now the wear and tear means he does not recover quick and the pulls and stretched muscles ae becoming much more frequent.
I like Micah a lot but as noted we simply can't afford to have very injury prone players in the squad now we are where we are.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.