Summer Transfer Window

Whoever we sign needs to be able to play in our system. Many good players keep being mentioned, but they might not fit into our style of play.

Gabriel said:
Whoever we sign needs to be able to play in our system. Many good players keep being mentioned, but they might not fit into our style of play.

Whoever indeed - Top priority a left-sided CB and defensive CM - I dont see us getting Mangala now & the Fernando deal looks like its gone t*ts up ..... I respect the City board for having principles on how many £millions they'll let other clubs try to screw them for but this Fernando deal falling through looks like a major, major clangler!!!!!

NoahCity said:
BlueCityfan said:
NoahCity said:
That's what I have been thinking. Switch to one striker up top and bring in more AMs/wingers who are prolific and we won't suffer in the goal scoring department.

I want us to play with a 1 striker system more often too, but we don't have to completely ditch the 2 striker system either. Especially when both Aguero and Negredo are fit. Look at Hazard at Chelsea. The amount of goals he is scoring. You don't need Dzeko when you have Negredo, Aguero and Jovetic. We need a Hazard type of player.
Draxler was one who I had in mind.

Stephan el Shaarawy

IN (in order of importance):

Defensive midfielder (CL quality)
Left sided winger with proper pace (CL quality)
4th striker for if we don't want Dzeko/Dzeko doesn't want to stay
An Englishman, if we can't fill the above positions with one

OUT (in order):

Javi Garcia
Edin Dzeko
Joleon Lescott
Jack Rodwell

The most important is by far and away a DM IMO, should be wish to consistently challenge for 4 trophies, especially the CL. If we don't get the 3 other suggestions it's not the end of the world, although having a quick left winger with good technique would be bloody handy against the likes of Bayern, Barcelona and anyone who parks the bus against us.

Conversely, Javi Garcia needs to go as he's taking up a valuable squad position. If we don't get rid of the other 3 then again it's not the end of the world and we should make do. I am still a proponent of giving Rodwell time but he needs to overcome his injury curse or ship out I'm afraid.

Lopes needs to be sent out on loan to La Liga or another team in the prem who play good football for a while. Huws seems to be doing well at Birmingham, could have a possible role in the squad. Rekik can replace Lescott if he's ready. I had hopes for Guidetti to replace Dzeko as 4th striker but his current state doesn't inspire much confidence.

TL;DR - Minimal squad changes, squad is very strong as it is. CL quality DM is of utmost importance. This isn't FM, can't make huge changes year on year.

ws01 said:
IN (in order of importance):

Defensive midfielder (CL quality)
Left sided winger with proper pace (CL quality)
4th striker for if we don't want Dzeko/Dzeko doesn't want to stay
An Englishman, if we can't fill the above positions with one

OUT (in order):

Javi Garcia
Edin Dzeko
Joleon Lescott
Jack Rodwell

The most important is by far and away a DM IMO, should be wish to consistently challenge for 4 trophies, especially the CL. If we don't get the 3 other suggestions it's not the end of the world, although having a quick left winger with good technique would be bloody handy against the likes of Bayern, Barcelona and anyone who parks the bus against us.

Conversely, Javi Garcia needs to go as he's taking up a valuable squad position. If we don't get rid of the other 3 then again it's not the end of the world and we should make do. I am still a proponent of giving Rodwell time but he needs to overcome his injury curse or ship out I'm afraid.

Lopes needs to be sent out on loan to La Liga or another team in the prem who play good football for a while. Huws seems to be doing well at Birmingham, could have a possible role in the squad. Rekik can replace Lescott if he's ready. I had hopes for Guidetti to replace Dzeko as 4th striker but his current state doesn't inspire much confidence.

TL;DR - Minimal squad changes, squad is very strong as it is. CL quality DM is of utmost importance. This isn't FM, can't make huge changes year on year.

If Jack Rodwell can get over his injury woes I think he has a lot to offer ..

Me too and I want the club to persist with him, but it's a big "if".

I think a spell on loan would be very beneficial for him if he gets over his injury woes. He's missed out a lot on his development and with Fern, Yaya and another potentially CL proven to come on board in the next window his playing time is going to be pretty minimal anyway.

Replacing Dzeko with someone like El Shaarawy would be good, would give us more options. Lescott isn't good enough technically so he should be replced. Richards and Rodwell are too injury prone and should be replaced, possibly loan Rodwell out. Garcia does a job but if we can get a replacement that's better then great.

Mangala, Fernando, Zuculini and El Shaarawy would be my choices. As for replacing Micah, someone like Calum Chambers would be ideal as Zaba's understudy. I think he'll be better than Clyne.

Stanger said:
NoahCity said:
BlueCityfan said:
I want us to play with a 1 striker system more often too, but we don't have to completely ditch the 2 striker system either. Especially when both Aguero and Negredo are fit. Look at Hazard at Chelsea. The amount of goals he is scoring. You don't need Dzeko when you have Negredo, Aguero and Jovetic. We need a Hazard type of player.
Draxler was one who I had in mind.

Stephan el Shaarawy

Yes please - love this guy, exciting player & has pace ...<br /><br />-- Thu Feb 13, 2014 10:06 pm --<br /><br />
blinkblue said:
Replacing Dzeko with someone like El Shaarawy would be good, would give us more options. Lescott isn't good enough technically so he should be replced. Richards and Rodwell are too injury prone and should be replaced, possibly loan Rodwell out. Garcia does a job but if we can get a replacement that's better then great.

Mangala, Fernando, Zuculini and El Shaarawy would be my choices. As for replacing Micah, someone like Calum Chambers would be ideal as Zaba's understudy. I think he'll be better than Clyne.

I dont think we should write off Richards & Rodwell just yet ....

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.