Summer Transfer Window

MillionDollarDream said:
Swap Dzeko for Pierre Emerick Aubameyang at Dortmund. He can play all attacking positions and would give us a tremendous amount of pace up front if lined up with Navas on the other side. Can also play second striker like Jovetić. Costs about the same as what we could get for Dzeko and similar production this season.
Aubameyang is a poor player , pace and nothing else

Hart
Zaba. Kompany. Mangala. Kolarov.

Fernando. Fernandinho.

Nasri. Yaya. Silva.

Aguero.

If Managala and Fernando are signed in the summer then I feel this team would be fantastic to play against the top sides of Europe or even as our best 11. The 2 ferns would give Yaya ultimate freedom to destroy opponents and Fernando would even allow dinho to go further forward, this would also allow the 2 full backs to go forward as much as possible with both mids dropping in.

i said it on another thread

we should get benatia instead of mangala, has been absolutely class with roma this season

Certainly we should be looking to sell rodwell, Barry, sinclair, Lescott, gracia and replace them with fernado, Barkely, mangala, and the next Lampard or next Gerard. If dzeko leaves then I'll love us to get Diego Costa.

We need to get some reliable squad players, Rodwell and Micah are constantly injured so I would like to see them replaced if we can find buyers for them. Obviously with the Fernando signing, that would be a massive plus as we need all the cover we can get in midfield. Demichelles will be another year older so I would like to see him let go, hopefully we can sign Mangala as his replacement and finally for a worthy partner to Vinnie.

There are a few positions we need to address in the summer:-

Goalkeeper - If Pantillimon is happy to stay as number 2 then all we might need to do is find a Richard Wright replacement (or sign Wright up for a further 12 months), unless the youth player loaned out in Norway is deemed good enough to be number 3.

Right Back - Zabaleta needs competition/a suitable backup option. Boyata isn't it. Richards simply can't be relied upon to stay fit, or to deliver when selected if recent games are anything to go by.

Left Back - Not a desparate need to make changes here, but ideally I'd like a real world class left back. Clichy and Kolarov are good players, don't get me wrong, but there's definitely better out there if we wanted it.

Centre Half (Right Sided) - I think we'll stick with Demichelis as Kompany's understudy, so probably no additions here.

Centre Half (Left Sided) - Nastasic has struggled this season, Rekik is young and unproven, and Lescott looks like he'll be leaving on a free when his contract runs out in the summer. We definitely need to strengthen here with the addition of an experienced, top quality, player.

Midfield (Central & Defensive) - We need a quality option to rotate with Yaya and Fernandinho. Garcia isn't of the required standard, Rodwell is injury prone and yet to impress. The recent Chelsea game shows the need here, and our pursuit of Fernando indicates that City are well aware of the need to add depth here.

Midfield (Central & attacking) - With Silva and Nasri as options, as well as Jovetic able to play deeper, and Lopes as a youth option, I don't see this as an area we need to address.

Midfield (Wide) - Navas and Milner, with Silva or Nasri if required, can play in wider positions. Only Navas is an out and out wide man however. If we can it might be nice to add additional width to the squad, but it's probably not a priority.

Striker - Aguero, Negredo and Jovetic will all still be here, but there are doubts over Dzeko's future. Should he, as I suspect, leave then we'd need to work out who our 4th striker would be. Guidetti is a possibility, but I don't think we'll go with him in that role. For me we need to add another striker if Dzeko is indeed sold.

So, for me, that's definitely a left sided centre half, a defensive central midfielder and a right back. Highly possible that we add a striker, and potential for a wide midfielder. Everything else would fall under the "nice to have" tag.

Matty said:
There are a few positions we need to address in the summer:-

Goalkeeper - If Pantillimon is happy to stay as number 2 then all we might need to do is find a Richard Wright replacement (or sign Wright up for a further 12 months), unless the youth player loaned out in Norway is deemed good enough to be number 3.

Right Back - Zabaleta needs competition/a suitable backup option. Boyata isn't it. Richards simply can't be relied upon to stay fit, or to deliver when selected if recent games are anything to go by.

Left Back - Not a desparate need to make changes here, but ideally I'd like a real world class left back. Clichy and Kolarov are good players, don't get me wrong, but there's definitely better out there if we wanted it.

Centre Half (Right Sided) - I think we'll stick with Demichelis as Kompany's understudy, so probably no additions here.

Centre Half (Left Sided) - Nastasic has struggled this season, Rekik is young and unproven, and Lescott looks like he'll be leaving on a free when his contract runs out in the summer. We definitely need to strengthen here with the addition of an experienced, top quality, player.

Midfield (Central & Defensive) - We need a quality option to rotate with Yaya and Fernandinho. Garcia isn't of the required standard, Rodwell is injury prone and yet to impress. The recent Chelsea game shows the need here, and our pursuit of Fernando indicates that City are well aware of the need to add depth here.

Midfield (Central & attacking) - With Silva and Nasri as options, as well as Jovetic able to play deeper, and Lopes as a youth option, I don't see this as an area we need to address.

Midfield (Wide) - Navas and Milner, with Silva or Nasri if required, can play in wider positions. Only Navas is an out and out wide man however. If we can it might be nice to add additional width to the squad, but it's probably not a priority.

Striker - Aguero, Negredo and Jovetic will all still be here, but there are doubts over Dzeko's future. Should he, as I suspect, leave then we'd need to work out who our 4th striker would be. Guidetti is a possibility, but I don't think we'll go with him in that role. For me we need to add another striker if Dzeko is indeed sold.

So, for me, that's definitely a left sided centre half, a defensive central midfielder and a right back. Highly possible that we add a striker, and potential for a wide midfielder. Everything else would fall under the "nice to have" tag.

Matches my thinking exactly. If the stories about Fernando and Zuculini being done deals are trus the Rodwell and Garcia replacements are done and the priority is the centre back, then right back. Though I think it's quite likely Pantillimon will leave this summer.

IN

Mangala or Hummels.- Mangala is VK's ideal partner, Hummels one of the best and a natural leader for when VK is injured

Shaw.- Would be left back sorted for the next 6 years and could be one of England's quality players.

Fernando.- Looks ok and out of contract in the summer.

A young right back to cover Zabba as i hate to say, but Micah is no longer the player he was. De Scilligo would be ideal but I doubt he'd want to be 2nd best.

If Dzeko or Milner move on (and i hope not) they will need to be replaced, with Milner, we might have to sign 2 players because of his versatility.

Lescott,Boyata,Rodwell,maybe Richards,Dzeko and Milner may go.

One of our best business would be to pin Nasri down to a long term contract out of contract in 18 months along with Milner and dzeko.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.