Summer Transfer Window

We need

1) World class left-sided CB
2) RCB Cover for Vinnie
3) Holding Mid better than Garcia - Fernando
4) Top class old fashioned left winger (similar to Navas) who's not shy of working back when we dont have the ball !!
5) Ship Dzeko out and get somebody more dynamic with a better first touch to replace him, like El Shaarawy - or Cavani if he is unsettled at PSG ....

Other questions then are fitness of Rodwell & Richards and can they make the grade .... And then we get the complication of homegrown quota ....

Left fullback is still an issue - If Kol is the no.1 then we have a big problem against top teams, he's great going forward but recovering is a problem when we lose possession. Compared to Zab & Navas on the right we look totally exposed down our left side. Still think Clichy needs to be given more big games!

Besides CB and CM (really hope we buy some top class players for those areas) I hope we invest in attacking midfield/winger area as well. This is position where we are lacking, we have Silva, Navas, Nasri and Milner (and Milner isn't always very creative). For me we need at least one addition here who is someone that will also contribute around 10 goals a season. This is an area where Chelsea/Arsenal are much stronger than us.

NoahCity said:
Besides CB and CM (really hope we buy some top class players for those areas) I hope we invest in attacking midfield/winger area as well. This is position where we are lacking, we have Silva, Navas, Nasri and Milner (and Milner isn't always very creative). For me we need at least one addition here who is someone that will also contribute around 10 goals a season. This is an area where Chelsea/Arsenal are much stronger than us.

We need to make space for him then. I'd sell Dzeko and ditch the 4 striker system and instead add another winger/forward.

BlueCityfan said:
NoahCity said:

We need to make space for him then. I'd sell Dzeko and ditch the 4 striker system and instead add another winger/forward.
That's what I have been thinking. Switch to one striker up top and bring in more AMs/wingers who are prolific and we won't suffer in the goal scoring department.

NoahCity said:
BlueCityfan said:
NoahCity said:

That's what I have been thinking. Switch to one striker up top and bring in more AMs/wingers who are prolific and we won't suffer in the goal scoring department.

I want us to play with a 1 striker system more often too, but we don't have to completely ditch the 2 striker system either. Especially when both Aguero and Negredo are fit. Look at Hazard at Chelsea. The amount of goals he is scoring. You don't need Dzeko when you have Negredo, Aguero and Jovetic. We need a Hazard type of player.

BlueCityfan said:
NoahCity said:
BlueCityfan said:

I want us to play with a 1 striker system more often too, but we don't have to completely ditch the 2 striker system either. Especially when both Aguero and Negredo are fit. Look at Hazard at Chelsea. The amount of goals he is scoring. You don't need Dzeko when you have Negredo, Aguero and Jovetic. We need a Hazard type of player.
Draxler was one who I had in mind.

The world-class centre half is going to be a problem. In this country alone, it isn't just us who need one, there's Liverpool and Arsenal who both have our soft underbelly and Chelsea have Terry coming to the end of his career. That's before you start on the next tier of clubs such as Spurs and United both of whom are capable of entering an auction and driving up the price.

Daz_Blue said:
Center backs who maybe on the market ....

PEPE
HUMMELS
SUBOTIC
MANGALA
OTEMENDI
ZOUMA
PIQUE
DANTE
GARAY

Otamendi is already at a new team which will make Mangala even harder to grab without paying an even bigger fee than this window. Zouma was just signed by Chelsea.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.