Summer Transfers

Moraes, Fabinho, Mendy, Bernat, Bonucci, Laporte, Mbappe, Isco, Lemar.

Replace about nine or ten in the squad - getting £70m for Sergio and still have a net spend of £200m.

Job done!
Moraes for Willy/Bravo
Fabinho for zabba (Maffeo for sagna?)
Mendy & Bernat for Clichy and Kolarov
Bonucci & Laporte for Otamendi and Kolarov (we need a 4th centre back)
Isco for Toure?
Lemar for Navas or Nolito
Mbappe for Sergio

Moraes for Willy/Bravo
Fabinho for zabba (Maffeo for sagna?)
Mendy & Bernat for Clichy and Kolarov
Bonucci & Laporte for Otamendi and Kolarov (we need a 4th centre back)
Isco for Toure?
Lemar for Navas or Nolito
Mbappe for Sergio

Surely we should keep Yaya ahead of Nando and Delph; although Delph has the right passport.

Can you replace Kolarov twice? ;-)

Very accommodating of Monaco to give us half their team.

Mbappe is going to be at least £75m, Fabinho, Lemar and Mendy likely to be another £100 between them.

Ederson's asking price according to latest reports is £35m, although his buyout is £50m , Laporte's is definitely not going for less than his £52m clause.

So We're up to £262m already with Bernat, Bonucci and Isco still to go, £350m gross would be an underestimate.

Not going to happen @tolmie's hairdoo.

I would suggest that on top of your £75m sale of Sergio, you've go to find another £100m minimum from Bony, Mangala (£15m clause), Nasri (£20m clause), Hart and whoever else you can sell.

Moraes, Fabinho, Mendy, Bernat, Bonucci, Laporte, Mbappe, Isco, Lemar.

Replace about nine or ten in the squad - getting £70m for Sergio and still have a net spend of £200m.

Job done!

Monaco aren't sending off half their starting XI, particularly after such a successful season. Further, City don't really need many major adjustments outside of the back five. Yes, some additions would be welcome (eg, Weigl, Isco) but they are far from a priority and even if Pep hasn't been quite open with what needs fixing most of all, it's pretty damn obvious.

Moraes will cost a pretty penny, but it's an investment worth making. Bernat also would be tricky to snatch from Bayern, but he's not on good terms with Ancelotti and the latter prefers Alaba anyway. Bonucci, as stated earlier, becomes an option that both sides are likely to be more amicable towards than before and potentially with less financial constraints too. Ditto Laporte. Throw in a Fabinho and boom, City are a totally different side for much, much less than the amount the above would require.

I still don't know about Kun, there's a reasonable chance he moves on regardless as the question marks over his place when Jesus returns aren't answered, but I'd imagine the club will cross that bridge when they get to it.

Very accommodating of Monaco to give us half their team.

Mbappe is going to be at least £75m, Fabinho, Lemar and Mendy likely to be another £100 between them.

Ederson's asking price according to latest reports is £35m, although his buyout is £50m , Laporte's is definitely not going for less than his £52m clause.

So We're up to £262m already with Bernat, Bonucci and Isco still to go, £350m gross would be an underestimate.

Not going to happen @tolmie's hairdoo.

I would suggest that on top of your £75m sale of Sergio, you've go to find another £100m minimum from Bony, Mangala (£15m clause), Nasri (£20m clause), Hart and whoever else you can sell.

I see you made a caveat;)

Your additional sales list would certainly be £70m (but could also include Otamendi/Bravo/Nolito/sales/poss makeweights) ) and the actual removal of wages (the key component) for Navas, Zabba, Clichy, Kolarov, Yaya.

We will see Yaya piping up this weekend that he wishes to stay.

As I have previously mused, I think Kelechi will be moving on whether by his insistence or us wanting someone else. Another £30m there/makeweight) Kompany could also be at risk (huge wages)

I don't think any of us are quite prepared for the turnover Pep may be looking for this summer.

Bringing in £150m this summer is not beyond the realms.

Last edited:
Monaco aren't sending off half their starting XI, particularly after such a successful season. Further, City don't really need many major adjustments outside of the back five. Yes, some additions would be welcome (eg, Weigl, Isco) but they are far from a priority and even if Pep hasn't been quite open with what needs fixing most of all, it's pretty damn obvious.

Moraes will cost a pretty penny, but it's an investment worth making. Bernat also would be tricky to snatch from Bayern, but he's not on good terms with Ancelotti and the latter prefers Alaba anyway. Bonucci, as stated earlier, becomes an option that both sides are likely to be more amicable towards than before and potentially with less financial constraints too. Ditto Laporte. Throw in a Fabinho and boom, City are a totally different side for much, much less than the amount the above would require.

I still don't know about Kun, there's a reasonable chance he moves on regardless as the question marks over his place when Jesus returns aren't answered, but I'd imagine the club will cross that bridge when they get to it.

So you are pretty much agreeing with most of the original list!

Monaco, for whatever reason, are letting clubs know they are open for business on pretty much anyone.

What we want and want we get are two different things.

I would wager at least seven new faces/primary targets we will get.

So you are pretty much agreeing with most of the original list!

Monaco, for whatever reason, are letting clubs know they are open for business on pretty much anyone.

What we want and want we get are two different things.

I would wager at least seven new faces/primary targets we will get.

Interesting, as many as 7 would be quite a surprising number, however it's fairly obvious a squad overhaul was going to be necessary at some point, particularly when you look at the age disparity we currently have.

I think you agree though that priorities-wise, new full backs and a GK are first and foremost, right?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.