Summer Transfers

Moraes, Fabinho, Mendy, Bernat, Bonucci, Laporte, Mbappe, Isco, Lemar.

Replace about nine or ten in the squad - getting £70m for Sergio and still have a net spend of £200m.

Job done!

wow! imagine that lot coming......unlikely mind but it wouldn't seem fair on other clubs! lol

Interesting, as many as 7 would be quite a surprising number, however it's fairly obvious a squad overhaul was going to be necessary at some point, particularly when you look at the age disparity we currently have.

I think you agree though that priorities-wise, new full backs and a GK are first and foremost, right?

Most definitely. Spend a premium on those positions and two new centre-backs and we are pretty much good to go, regardless.

I suppose we could have paid off quite a few last year but there does appear to be a deliberate strategy to let a few contracts elapse.

We have to factor in that the market this summer will be beyond crazy in England, so whilst we might consider it unfathomable, in terms of the money we could spend, the turnover of personnel, I personally don't.

I expect United to easily drop £200m this summer, people such as Silva and Griezmann, etc.

They don't require the wholesale we do.

Moraes, Fabinho, Mendy, Bernat, Bonucci, Laporte, Mbappe, Isco, Lemar.

Replace about nine or ten in the squad - getting £70m for Sergio and still have a net spend of £200m.

Job done!

Don't get my hopes up!

I can see quite a big turn around as we arguably need 5 defenders, a goalkeeper and I can't see Pep not signing a midfielder or attacker.

I could potentially see anyone of these players leaving:
Hart, Bravo (?), Sagna, Zaba, Otamendi, Mangala, Kolarov, Clichy, Fernando, Delph, Nolito, Navas, Nasri, Iheanacho, Bony, Possibly Aguero too based on a number of things.

I know we can't get rid of that many players and buy that many but like you say it could be quite a large turn around.

Last edited:
Don't get my hopes up!

I can see quite a big turn around as we arguably need 5 defenders, a goalkeeper and I can't see Pep not signing a midfielder or attacker.

I could potentially see anyone of these players potential leaving:
Hart, Bravo (?), Sagna, Zaba, Otamendi, Mangala, Kolarov, Clichy, Fernando, Delph, Nolito, Navas, Nasri, Iheanacho, Aguero (?)

I know we can't get rid of that many players and buy that many but like you say it could be quite a large turn around.

Don't forget Bony.

Please don't forget Bony, anyone? please?

Interesting, as many as 7 would be quite a surprising number, however it's fairly obvious a squad overhaul was going to be necessary at some point, particularly when you look at the age disparity we currently have.

I think you agree though that priorities-wise, new full backs and a GK are first and foremost, right?
A technically gifted holding mid and a centre half should be bigger priorities than Goalkeeper.

A technically gifted holding mid and a centre half should be bigger priorities than Goalkeeper.

No no no no no.

Goalkeeper is a position tha just needs sorting. We've seen the defence look much more solid with Caballero instead of Bravo, and bringing in a CB, LB and RB without sorting the keeper is building on sand foundations.

No no no no no.

Goalkeeper is a position tha just needs sorting. We've seen the defence look much more solid with Caballero instead of Bravo, and bringing in a CB, LB and RB without sorting the keeper is building on sand foundations.
So give Caballero a 1 year extension if we can't stretch as far as a keeper. Yaya is going to leave a big hole in the team as it stands and we've realistically got 2 centre halves, neither of which anyone is happy with. Sort out those positions and full backs and the GK becomes far less pivotal than they've been this season.

So give Caballero a 1 year extension if we can't stretch as far as a keeper. Yaya is going to leave a big hole in the team as it stands and we've realistically got 2 centre halves, neither of which anyone is happy with. Sort out those positions and full backs and the GK becomes far less pivotal than they've been this season.

Yaya won't leave.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.