Summer Transfers

We still don't have a clear picture of who all our primary targets are. Last year we knew for months that Stones, Laporte, Sane and Gundogan were targets.
Nolito, Jesus and Bravo were the only ones that came as surprises.

But we know Txiki starts early. I'm sure that in 1-2 months it will become clearer. Henrichs is certainly starting to look like a target.

We still don't have a clear picture of who all our primary targets are. Last year we knew for months that Stones, Laporte, Sane and Gundogan were targets.
Nolito, Jesus and Bravo were the only ones that came as surprises.

But we know Txiki starts early. I'm sure that in 1-2 months it will become clearer. Henrichs is certainly starting to look like a target.

There's too much smoke for there to be no fire for Moraes, IMO.

The rest of our "targets" that the press has linked us to since January are a bit more tenuous (half of Monaco's outfield, Isco, Sanchez, Aubameyang, Carvalho, van Dijk etc) but I do think it's a bit early to say one way or the other. Honestly, the only thing we know for sure is that Pep has stated quite bluntly that the biggest improvements would be coming at the back, particularly full-backs. That's where most of the speculation is coming from.

The rest of our "targets" that the press has linked us to since January are a bit more tenuous (half of Monaco's outfield
Don't be silly mate, of course we're after half of Monaco's outfield players. Name me one other reason we've had scouts at all their matches since 12th December ;)

GK: Ederson, Caballero.

DF: Henriches, Fabinho, Stones, Otamendi, Van Dijk, Kolarov, Grimaldo.

MF: Fernandinho, Gundogan, Isco, Silva, De Bruyne.

FW: Sane, Sterling, Jesus, Roberts, Aguero.

Ederson

Fabinho - Stones - Van Dijk - Grimaldo

Gundogan

De Bruyne - Silva

Sterling - Jesus - Sane
Pep likes having smaller squads and something like this would allow him to offer chances to youngsters. Ideally we'd have someone of more experience than Roberts to be understudy to Sane/Sterling but I haven't seen any wingers linked that I think are realistic.

Yup, on of the best lineup I've seen put up here.
I agree with everything there except Grimaldo, I'd rather have Bernat who is a bit more experienced, even though I like Grimaldo better he looks to be injury prone and I don't think Benfica would let us do a doubling with Ederson and him.

Spurs could revive their interest in PSG's Adrien Rabiot after the midfielder suggested he is up for a summer move. (Source: Daily Mirror)

I dont know Rabiot well, but he was outstanding against Barca

Probably one too many really but whatever, I make the rules...

1. Handanovic (gk) 32 yrs - extremely good GK, decent with his feet, experienced (needed if we are to bring in younger backline), commanding, tall (I don't like small GKs), and less expensive than other options. £15m?

2. Sessegnon (lb) 16 yrs - very young but big potential, english, would see him as squad/EFL player at start and someone to stay at the club till Jan to learn from Pep whether or not he's playing. £8m?

3. Laporte (cb/lb) 22 yrs - young ballplayer, can play the LB-come-CB role as the RB moves into DM, or straight up CB. £40-45m?

4. Bonucci (cb) 29 yrs - With Kompany's fitness issues we need a leader at the back to marshal the young defenders around him. Arguably the best CB in the world. May be attainable. £45m?

5. Henrich (rb/lb) 19 yrs - looks good from what I've seen. Skillful, athletic, comfortable with both feet, not a midget fullback and can play RB and LB £15m?

6. Dahoud (dm/cm) 21 yrs - This falls into the "too good to turn down" box for me. Available for £8.5m in the summer, looks like an almost complete midfielder capable of playing every role. I also feel we could do with another Gundo-like player incase Gundo breaks down again. £8.5m

7. Isco (cm/wf) 24 yrs - Rotate with our no.8s and can play wide as a different option to our speedy wingers. 1 year left on his deal, could get our eventual Silva replacement at a bargain price. £25m?

8. Mbappe (wf/st) 18 yrs - Will cost a lot with addons but imagine having Jesus, Mbappe, Sane, Sancho, Sterling, Roberts as our forwards for years to come. £45m+30m addons?

+ Roberts back from Celtic to replace Navas.

Notes:

Fullback options (no real order)
LB=Laporte, Henrich, Sessegnon, (Kolarov)
RB=Fernandinho, Henrich

CB options (no real order)
Bonucci, Laporte, Stones, Kolarov

Midfield 3 options (no real order)
Silva, De Bruyne, Isco, Gundogan, Toure, Dahoud, (Fernandinho)

Front 3 options (no real order)
Aguero, Jesus, Sane, Mbappe, Sterling, Roberts

Outs: Bravo, Hart, Sagna, Otamendi, Mangala, Clichy, Fernando, Delph, Nasri, Nolito, Navas, Bony, Iheanacho (loan)

Keeping at least one of Vinnie/Zaba may be wise from an off the pitch perspective. Also can't bear to write their names under "out" :( Presuming both will leave.

1. Handanovic
  2. Caballero
  3. Fernandinho
  4. Henrich
  5. Bonucci
  6. Laporte
  7. Kolarov
  8. Toure
  9. Dahoud
  10. Gundogan
  11. Silva
  12. De Bruyne
  13. Isco
  14. Sane
  15. Mbappe
  16. Aguero
  17. G. Jesus
  18. * Gunn
  19. * Stones
  20. * Sessegnon
  21. * Sterling
  22. * Roberts
* = English/HG
bold = PL Registered

Alternative if Mbappe and Isco aren't attainable = Alexis Sanchez

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.