Summer Transfers

Seems like Stones is definitely being sold then. Wonder if he knows?

The fact that Pep would rather have an 33-year old Vertonghen and 19-year old Eric Garcia as back-ups speaks volumes of how much fate pep has in Stones.
I would imagine he does, the appearences recently are almost to remind other clubs he exists! Shame for Stones.
Wouldn't be against this. Be like a Demichelis signing in that he knows he's not first choice and you can rely on him when needed.
Definitely, I presume he will have offers elsewhere but he might fancy a crack at some medals before he retires.

I don't think we'll get Son. He'll come at a VERY hefty price and we need to prioritise defensive spending. I'd rather we put Jesus on the wing and bought another young, hungry striker.

Don't want Vertonghen. He's not good enough for spurs, he's definitely not good enough for us. Alaba and Havertz are the two signings I want to see.

Don't want Vertonghen. He's not good enough for spurs, he's definitely not good enough for us. Alaba and Havertz are the two signings I want to see.
Nether of which would play second centre back behind Laporte, Vertonghen makes sense because he would,and cover left back.

Nether of which would play second centre back behind Laporte, Vertonghen makes sense because he would,and cover left back.

I am open to the idea of Vertongen backing up Laporte. I do not much like the idea of him being the primary cover for Mendy at Left Back.

If Mendy misses a long stretch of matches due to injury, and that is not beyond the realm of possibility, I am not comfortable with Vertongen playing 6, 8 or 10 matches in a row.

Perhaps Mendy will finally get beyond the injuries that have plagued him as of late. However, it is a concern to me.

Wouldn’t immediately dismiss the idea of vertonghen for a year it just depends on how Pep wants to reform his cb’s. Him as a short term back up LCB to Laporte makes sense as the priority has to be getting in a first choice RCB (Koulibaly) and then give Stones and Garcia another season to battle it out for back up RCB spot and that’s a good set of cb’s to choose from. Stones’ homegrown status and Garcia’s club trained status means we can have an extra option there no need to choose and leave us with Fernandinho covering again if we get injuries.

Offload Otamendi, find a good premier league loan for Adarabioyo with a new contract, maybe find a loan for THB, offload zinchenko and replace with Alaba who we should be able to get for a price similar to what we get for zinchenko and Otamendi given his contract situation.

that leaves us with 2 strong back 4’s for around the net cost of bringing in Koulibaly at a reported £60-70 million, which could even end up less than £50 million if we sell angelino too leaving us plenty of money for a proper sane replacement and an Aguero successor

just done Txiki’s work for him, easy this director of football lark

Mendy
(Alaba)
Laporte
(Vertonghen)
Koulibaly
(Stones)
(Garcia)
Walker
(Cancelo)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.