Summer Transfers

Seems like Stones is definitely being sold then. Wonder if he knows?

The fact that Pep would rather have an 33-year old Vertonghen and 19-year old Eric Garcia as back-ups speaks volumes of how much fate pep has in Stones.
In fairness, Vertoghen's left-footedness, his free price, and his technical ability are all more important reasons why Pep would want him. How he feels about Stones probably has little to do with it.

Besides Stones problem is persistent injuries. You can't develop or mesh with your team when you are constantly out.

Don't want Vertonghen. He's not good enough for spurs, he's definitely not good enough for us. Alaba and Havertz are the two signings I want to see.
If Alaba is not good enough for Bayern, why is he for us? Just using your logic here.

Still don‘t know the hype about Alaba. He an average LB. And as a CB he plays on the left side like Laporte. I rather go for Vertonghen beside Koulibaly if Stones leaves. Dunno what‘s going to happen to Otamendi tho. 5 CB would be too much imo.

He's better than Otamendi, but he's 33 and not as good as Koulibaly. Just stop pissing about City and nail the centre back position once and for all by getting the best one available.

Alaba
Koulibaly
Aouar

Ideally someone like Moussa Diaby or Leon Bailey to provide a burst of pace off the bench or for games when we want to play Sterling on the right like we did when we had Sané

As far as Aguero replacement goes, I'd wait another year. Hopefully someone like Haaland improves his overall game, Isak or Boadu takes the next step or a new top striker talent emerges. Because the so called Aguero replacements this summer window all looks a bit underwhelming. No standout option
Pretty much agree with everything you've said especially kun replacement. I would add using our buy back on douglas luiz though. He will add a bit more mobility in certain games than rodri. He has improved loads and will do so again under pep. We could then sell gundogan. Luiz/rodri kdb/foden bernado/aouar is a perfect blend. With mahrez, sterling, bailey, foden & bernado gives plenty of options out wide.

I never said he was .
I think Arnold is better than walker.
I think Van Dijk is better than Laporte
I think Allison is better than Ederson
Robertson and Alaba even enough.

There wouldn't be much between the 2 Defences.
It is that Liverpool already has theirs in place already.
We will see. Talk of lfc wanting more creativity in midfield might see how good that defence is. At the min they have 3 defensively minded midfielders. Sagna, komps, lescot and clichy looked good with de jong and Barry infront of them. If lfc drop to 1 dm let's see how well vvd and gomez deal with counter attacks on their own like our defense does. Taa already gets caught out even with the cover he gets. Walker is the better defender easily and that showed as sane pushed him back. Without his attacking he is just above average at rb. Alison over ederson is only an opinion. To be honest I don't think lfcs back 8 should be compared to citys back 5 at all, apples & oranges.

He's better than Otamendi, but he's 33 and not as good as Koulibaly. Just stop pissing about City and nail the centre back position once and for all by getting the best one available.

It's very obvious that this wouldn't be an either or situation, rather that Vertonghen would be a cheap experienced back up for the left, in addition to a right sided signing.

then give Stones and Garcia another season to battle it out for back up RCB spot and that’s a good set of cb’s to choose from.

Just don't see the point in keeping Stones at the club in a 5th choice capacity, where his appearances will probably be limited to fleeting cup games. Flog him while he still has value with 2 years left on his contract and give that 5th choice spot to Harwood-Bellis. We would still have Fernandinho knocking around too if there's any injury concerns.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.