Summer Transfers

We will see. Talk of lfc wanting more creativity in midfield might see how good that defence is. At the min they have 3 defensively minded midfielders. Sagna, komps, lescot and clichy looked good with de jong and Barry infront of them. If lfc drop to 1 dm let's see how well vvd and gomez deal with counter attacks on their own like our defense does. Taa already gets caught out even with the cover he gets. Walker is the better defender easily and that showed as sane pushed him back. Without his attacking he is just above average at rb. Alison over ederson is only an opinion. To be honest I don't think lfcs back 8 should be compared to citys back 5 at all, apples & oranges.

I don’t think any midfielder can shine in their system. They need them to cover the space the full backs leave behind them so they can pump in crosses. A creative midfielder just won’t work without leaving gaps

My shopping list in order of priority would be:
  • Kompany replacement. A right-sided, Rolls Royce of a centre back. Would love Garcia to be the future but I can’t say I’d be 100% confident in him as first choice just yet so maybe an older centre back to fill the role for now.
  • Left back. Alaba would be my choice as Mendy is young so would have a mix of experience and youth.
  • Aguero replacement in place for 21/22. The big one... how on Earth do you replace him?
  • Left winger. We don’t have any players in the first team squad whose best position is left wing - as somebody said above no more square pegs for round holes. Playing any of Sterling, Foden, Bernardo or Mahrez there means we miss out on them in their favoured positions, and they’re all world class in their favoured positions.
I think we’ll get a centre back and maybe a young winger (have seen Ferran Torres has been heavily linked last couple of days) this summer and be left moaning about Mendy and Jesus next season in the games they let us down.

The next version of my dream list:

Koulibaly
Alaba
Havertz
A left footed backup CB

Anything else is extra :)

Ferran Torres
Lautaro Martinez
Kai Havertz

This should make the loss of Sane, Silva and Aguero(?) a tad bit tolerable.

pep has already mentioned about replacing outgoing players so with that in mind im thinking.

Kompany...koulibaly
silva...aouar
sane...torres
otemendi...vertonghen.
bravo...steffen.

if something special presents itself we may go in for stellar signing as well

havertz
mbappe
??

pep has already mentioned about replacing outgoing players so with that in mind im thinking.

Kompany...koulibaly
silva...aouar
sane...torres
otemendi...vertonghen.
bravo...steffen.

if something special presents itself we may go in for stellar signing as well

havertz
mbappe
??

Don't think we'll sign another midfielder, rather just a replacement for Sane.

If we want to give Foden the minutes he deserves next season, Aouar isn't coming. Personally think that deal is dead in the water unless another midfielder leaves - and I can't see that happening.

Pep's said Foden is Silva's replacement, so we don't need to be going out and buying someone else.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.