Summer Transfers

This summer:

Sterling will be 25 years and 7 month old.
Bernardo will be 26 years old.
Jesus will be 23 years old.
Mahrez will be 29 years and 4 months old.

If they are not going to retire here, when do you personally see each of them move on?

We're discussing Mahrez, I think he'll probably go within the next 2 years. Maybe end of next season, he might push til the season after. I don't think thats controversial to say.

As for Sterling, I think City will probably try get another 2 years on his deal and then probably let him go to Real at a similar time like Chelsea did with Hazard (28/29 yrs). Probably similar with Bernardo too. Get their mid to late 20s done here, then let them move to La Liga's big two. Jesus I think could be here for the next 5-7 years like Aguero. He's going to be the star of this club once Aguero's gone imo

Claudio Gomes, if he was rated that highly, came to City at the wrong time.
He came as an 18 year old Academy player. He played for the U23, and this season at 19 he went on loan.

Young and experienced is our past Transfer strategy. We have assemble the necessary squad and are now moving to a new way of building our squad:
The Academy bieng the main source of the first team.

Our core squad: 14 outfield players.

4 Forwards:
Sterling (25) - LW
Agüero (32) - ST
Jesus (23) - ST
Mahrez (29) - RW

4 Midfielders:

Phil Foden (20) - AM
Rodri (24) - DM
Kevin De Bruyne (29) - AM
Bernardo Silva (26) - AM

6 Defenders:

Eric Garcia (19) - RCB
Mendy (26) - LB
Laporte (26) - LCB
Cancelo (26) - RB
Walker (30) - RB
Fernandinho (35) - RCB

And Madrid are developing their youngsters mostly on chance, and on loan. What youngsters that stayed with the Madrid first team actually thrived?

Rodrygo? Well he just got here this summer

Vinicius? I guess he's progressing ok

Asensio? Been at Madrid for 4 season(since 20yr old) I cannot even tell if he's a starter or a rotation player

Luka Jovic? no comment

Brahim Dias? No comment

Fede Valverde? Arrived at 18, and it just this season at 21, that he had his breakthrough at Madrid.

Odriozola? Bought last season at 22 yr old.

Dani Ceballos? Bought at 20 years old in 2017.

We are probably the only Top team in England that has a tiny Central Midfielder competing for minutes in the first team.

We are also probably the only Too team in England with a Tiny Spanish Midfielder sized CB competing for minutes in the first team.

You say Claudio Gomes came at the wrong time but this is the same situation with Kouassi. Do you really think he will get serious playing time at City next year if he were to join you this summer ? Foden at 20 and being probably a bigger talent has had roughly the same playing time than Kouassi, 17, at PSG.

City has an extremely high standard and Guardiola is quite demanding which means it is really tough for young players who have not already made a mark. Angelino, for example, had to be loaned out again after his successful stint in Eredivisie to get enough playing time. He got the same playing time between City and Leipzig than Kouassi.

This is why i think City is for players who have proven at the higher level but with room for improvement. It fits the Aguero, Sterling, Rodri, De Bruyne, Bernardo Silva, Mendy, Laporte, Cancelo transfers.

About Real Madrid. Like i said, i don't think it is the right time either for Camavinga to join them. Imo, he should stay at Rennes since they even qualified for CL preliminary rounds. He is in his comfort zone, is guaranteed playing time, can grow without too much pressure. In 2 or 3 years time, he could then join a bigger team if he has followed his progression. However, Real Madrid can talk to him and say : "Hey, look at those two brazilian teenagers with barely professional football under their belt we just bought ! They got to play as soon as they came in. That could be you !" It can be tempting.

Asensio actually played a major role at Real Madrid but he got done by his injuries.

Luka Jovic. Seems like it was a mistake from him to go there. Benzema is still undisputed at the helm of the Real Madrid attack, especially with Zidane as a coach. They are waiting for Mbappé.

Brahim Diaz. He wanted to play for Real Madrid, prolly his dream, but a very bad choice.

Ceballos is done at Madrid. It is notorious that Zidane has never liked him and didn't want him. It was more like an opportunistic buy by Perez due to his low price and the competition of Barça. They will still get a nice profit out of him.

We're discussing Mahrez, I think he'll probably go within the next 2 years. Maybe end of next season, he might push til the season after. I don't think thats controversial to say.

As for Sterling, I think City will probably try get another 2 years on his deal and then probably let him go to Real at a similar time like Chelsea did with Hazard (28/29 yrs). Probably similar with Bernardo too. Get their mid to late 20s done here, then let them move to La Liga's big two. Jesus I think could be here for the next 5-7 years like Aguero. He's going to be the star of this club once Aguero's gone imo
Real Madrid buy Raheem sterling at 28/29? When their main focus is Youth? Look how well Hazard turned out.

If Real Madrid don't want to buy him at 28/29 because there is a new 20 year old Wonder kid. Then that's a Pity for Raheem eh? The chance to make a big money money to real Madrid is never a sure thing, especially the older you get.

Bernardo Silva, I can see him leaving in 2 or 3 years.
With Barcelona the most likely destination, if they elect a better president in 2021.
After all the only Midfielders with a long term future at Barca are De Jong (23) & Arthur (23) <- they are trying to trade him tho. And Messi will also be 35 years old in 2022.

So whatever new president takes over in 2021, wether they choose to focus on Youth Dev or experienced players, Bernardo Silva at 28 years old in 2022, would be an amazing addition to the Barca squad. Especially when considering Messi will be 35.

And Garbiel Jesus I agree, but I would not be surprised either if at 26 he moves. He would of been here 7 years and most likely be a superstar too.

But who knows what will happen, a year in football is a long time.

who the fuck is this ezzy guy???! it’s like football manager shit... City ain’t singing a load of youngsters to take us to next level!!! we will sign players who have been on big stage...
Who knows, guess we’ll find out soon enough about the names he mentions, at least he’s brave enough to name names. but expect we’ll sign mainly younger players only exception may be a centre back partner for Laporte, but even that will be an under 26 I expect.

You say Claudio Gomes came at the wrong time but this is the same situation with Kouassi. Do you really think he will get serious playing time at City next year if he were to join you this summer ? Foden at 20 and being probably a bigger talent has had roughly the same playing time than Kouassi, 17, at PSG.

City has an extremely high standard and Guardiola is quite demanding which means it is really tough for young players who have not already made a mark. Angelino, for example, had to be loaned out again after his successful stint in Eredivisie to get enough playing time. He got the same playing time between City and Leipzig than Kouassi.

This is why i think City is for players who have proven at the higher level but with room for improvement. It fits the Aguero, Sterling, Rodri, De Bruyne, Bernardo Silva, Mendy, Laporte, Cancelo transfers.

About Real Madrid. Like i said, i don't think it is the right time either for Camavinga to join them. Imo, he should stay at Rennes since they even qualified for CL preliminary rounds. He is in his comfort zone, is guaranteed playing time, can grow without too much pressure. In 2 or 3 years time, he could then join a bigger team if he has followed his progression. However, Real Madrid can talk to him and say : "Hey, look at those two brazilian teenagers with barely professional football under their belt we just bought ! They got to play as soon as they came in. That could be you !" It can be tempting.

Asensio actually played a major role at Real Madrid but he got done by his injuries.

Luka Jovic. Seems like it was a mistake from him to go there. Benzema is still undisputed at the helm of the Real Madrid attack, especially with Zidane as a coach. They are waiting for Mbappé.

Brahim Diaz. He wanted to play for Real Madrid, prolly his dream, but a very bad choice.

Ceballos is done at Madrid. It is notorious that Zidane has never liked him and didn't want him. It was more like an opportunistic buy by Perez due to his low price and the competition of Barça. They will still get a nice profit out of him.
Yes they will get game time.

Guardiola Has extremely high standards, but you also have to remember that he started an 18 year old Phil Foden, in central Midfield, against the team that just knocked him out of the champions League a few days ago, in a must win game during the league run in.

An 18 year Foden... Tiny Scrawny 1.70m tall Phil Foden... Can you find me a single manager of a Top 5 team that did something similar?

The first 4 years of his Tenure here was focused on assembling and improving the core squad, which got lowered down to 14 players.

Angelino is a player that works best in a Back 5 for now, even his RB Leipzig coach said as much. He was a very quick fix home grown option. Our injury situation did not allow him an easy time to settle.

So with a core of 14 players.

We have 5 Academy graduates(18-19 years old) ready to be promoted to the first team.

We have bought an 18 year old RB that will join the first team this summer(will go on loan only if a certain team is promoted)

6 of our transfer targets are all under 19 years old.

So that would give us 12 U19 players in the first team:
5 Academy graduates.
1 winter purchase
6 Summer purchases

We have spent 4 years Building and improving our core squad, our focus is now on integrating and improving our youth players.

Camavinga
& Kouassi are being bought because they are going to be our present and future.

Yes they will get game time.

Guardiola Has extremely high standards, but you also have to remember that he started an 18 year old Phil Foden, in central Midfield, against the team that just knocked him out of the champions League a few days ago, in a must win game during the league run in.

An 18 year Foden... Tiny Scrawny 1.70m tall Phil Foden... Can you find me a single manager of a Top 5 team that did something similar?

The first 4 years of his Tenure here was focused on assembling and improving the core squad, which got lowered down to 14 players.

Angelino is a player that works best in a Back 5 for now, even his RB Leipzig coach said as much. He was a very quick fix home grown option. Our injury situation did not allow him an easy time to settle.

So with a core of 14 players.

We have 5 Academy graduates(18-19 years old) ready to be promoted to the first team.

We have bought an 18 year old RB that will join the first team this summer(will go on loan only if a certain team is promoted)

6 of our transfer targets are all under 19 years old.

So that would give us 12 U19 players in the first team:
5 Academy graduates.
1 winter purchase
6 Summer purchases

We have spent 4 years Building and improving our core squad, our focus is now on integrating and improving our youth players.

Camavinga
& Kouassi are being bought because they are going to be our present and future.

you’re in fantasy land mate 6 of our targets are under 19?!! and 4 DONE DEALS?!!!!!! seriously get a life lad and can’t believe some on here are in conversation with ezzy hope richards30 hasn’t put these in his ‘dream signings’ ?!

Never any doubt.

4 first team Target remain:

Bastoni (21) : Laporte's partner & replacement
  • No competition for his signature
  • We will have to pay a pretty penny tho (£55-£60M)
Mohammed Ihattaren (18) : Right Winger & False 9
  • No competition
  • PSV need to sell, probably (£25-£30M)
  • Easy right?.. rioala is his agent...
Tanguy Kouassi (18) : Partner for Taylor Hardwood-bellis.
  • AC Milan & RB Leipzig are our competitors
  • He is a free agent
  • Game time will be the biggest Challenge, since the other two teams want to make him a starter, but we play about 20 games more than those two.
  • So if Pep rotates well, Kouassi has a chance of playing more games(total minutes) for us then either Milan or Leipzig
Eduardo Camavinga (18) : CDM, partner & replacement for Rodri
  • Real Madrid is our only opponent for this signing.
  • The club is willing to challenge anyone to secure Camavinga's signature.
  • We are confident of beating Madrid to his signature this summer. (£50-£55M)

I've read somewhere today that Camavinga is pretty much done deal for Madrid. Apparently, he wants only them.

There is zero need to do anything publicly. Do you think Rodri left his childhood club and joined us to just learn one or two year under Pep? Only he and Pep knows.

All those sound nice until your career start to stagnate. Athletes, especially the Young superstars in the Making, They are starting to value their career trajectory and sporting project more and more, over "history and hall of fame".

Probably saw Gundogan trundling around piss arsing about in our midfield and thought "ah piss easy playing for City"

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.