Sunday, the derby nobody wants to win?

What were now to big for the FA cup and don't care if we beat the scum

You are having a laugh and get real we want to beat them ever time and yes the cup is very important

de niro said:
Will either side care if they win or lose the game, cos I don't .
Don't think the mangers are bothered either. You could say fergie needs it more than us because it's his last chance of silverware this season( its great that we stand in the way of everything they can win) but the title has always been his priority and for us it's the only thing we are interested in.
The "winner" of this game immediately hands and advantage to the other side for the prem title and I for one aren't bothered about the cup.
I suppose in the ideal world we'd knock them out and then play the kids from then on.

Can see it being a subdued affair. Even against them.

Wow!! So you don't care if we lose a derby match and get knocked out of a cup we chased for 35 years, (yes among other trophies) one that we should be focusing on retaining as ours. Im gobsmacked at this i just don't know where to begin. More the piss poor and arrogant attitude of a nob ed neighbours i would say.

Jonny68 said:
de niro said:
Will either side care if they win or lose the game, cos I don't .
Don't think the mangers are bothered either. You could say fergie needs it more than us because it's his last chance of silverware this season( its great that we stand in the way of everything they can win) but the title has always been his priority and for us it's the only thing we are interested in.
The "winner" of this game immediately hands and advantage to the other side for the prem title and I for one aren't bothered about the cup.
I suppose in the ideal world we'd knock them out and then play the kids from then on.

Can see it being a subdued affair. Even against them.

Wow!! So you don't care if we lose a derby match and get knocked out of a cup we chased for 35 years, (yes among other trophies) one that we should be focusing on retaining as ours. Im gobsmacked at this i just don't know where to begin. More the piss poor and arrogant attitude of a nob ed neighbours i would say.

At least he didn't call it the Mickey Mouse Trophy!

I want to win it more than the Carling Cup and the Europa League combined.

Plus as I put in the team selection thread, psychologically, beating them again would do them the kind of damage they need inflicting if we want them to fade in the league. If they were to beat us they'd be "up" going into a run of tough games. Lose to us and the opposite.

BillyShears said:
I want to win it more than the Carling Cup and the Europa League combined.

Plus as I put in the team selection thread, psychologically, beating them again would do them the kind of damage they need inflicting if we want them to fade in the league. If they were to beat us they'd be "up" going into a run of tough games. Lose to us and the opposite.

A draw tonight too.

I think Fergie will put a weakened team out, if he goes full strength and they get thumped again any sort of upper hand they have over us is gone.

I'd play a weakened side as well, which will be a very strong side anyway.

de niro said:
manc_macca said:
OP, why wouldn't we want to win this game?!

we the fans always want to win, just not at the cost of the bigger picture.

But the bigger picture last season was to get top 4... which we did... AND won the FA Cup as well!

Are you suggesting we aren't stronger this season and can't meet both targets again?

You were apoplectic after we played a weakened team at WBA in the Carling Cup, so why the change of heart?

If the rags and Arsenal and Chelsea can do doubles and trebles, why do so many have such little belief that City aren't big enough to do the same?

moomba said:
I think Fergie will put a weakened team out, if he goes full strength and they get thumped again any sort of upper hand they have over us is gone.

I'd play a weakened side as well, which will be a very strong side anyway.

The problem is they are out of the CL and out of CC. If he does put out a weakened team, the knives will be out for him from his own supporters for throwing away the chance at a trophy.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.