Sunday, the derby nobody wants to win?

I want to stuff em and embarrass them puts pressure on BaconChops and I always like watching him squirm...

It's Europa for me where should play our youngsters all the way till the S/F

I think you are right, he does want to win everything but this cup won't mean as much to him as the title. [/quote]

With respect, that's just stating the obvious.

It's a derby; everyone associated with the club will want to win for that reason alone. It's the highest profile game of the season so far - massive as far as the TV are concerned. And, imho, the reality is also that United are still the biggest scalp we can take, and possibly they are still the biggest scalp you can take in world football (much as I hate to throw that 1 in), and our profile increases every time we take them down a peg or 2, so, for that reason, the powers that be who own our club will want a victory to enhance 'the project' irrespective of fixture congestion or anything else.

As far as United are concerned, again, it's a derby and everyone associated with the club will want to win - it may be a derby they didn't want - I'm pretty sure of that - but they will definitely want to win. Add to that the fact that thay have no Champs League to win, and they are second favourites at best to win the Premier League (resurgent Spurs?), so, if they can put us out at this stage, they perhaps give themselves the best chance of winning the next best trophy available to them - I believe the FA Cup brings with it now, and not just in the later stages, more kudos than the Europa League.

So, as you ask if it's the derby that no one wants to win, my answer is a very definite 'NO!'

de niro said:
Lucky13 said:
Can't agree with the OP ( good fishing ), fortress Etihad , worldwide audience, holders of the FA cup , chance of a double , i want a ritual killing.

I'm not saying throw the game, neither would they,I'm saying for a derby it's not THAT important.
I think we will see "weaker" teams out there as the managers won't risk the title over this or any cup.
It's a first for me to be so so about a game v the scum but I want that title, nothing else matters including local bragging rights.
I'll do my bragging at the end of the season.

I want us to win the quadruple, we can do it we have the squad. Only thing we need to do is replace that argie bastard one way or another and jobs a good one we're set to take on the world.

rio wants it.hahaha

Lets kick start the FA CUP NON RUN..hehehe 7-1
‘Manchester City 6-1 defeat was the best thing to happen to us’ – Manchester United defender Rio Ferdinand

The former England captain, who should be fit to take on Newcastle United on Wednesday, believes the 6-1 loss at Old Trafford came as an important wake-up call to the club

I wouldn't be surprised to see both clubs play weakened/2nd string teams. Bacon has too many injuries to risk all his first team in a derby and we have too many games in Jan (plus a cup semi final 3 days later).

I'd put money on our 2nd string beating theirs and if they did play their 1st team with all the injuries they have I'd still be confident of a good result with some 1st teamers on the bench to come on if needed.

Bacon will come in with some kids, a couple of 1st teamers and fringe players packed in a 4-5-1 and try to force a draw to take the game back to the swamp.

waspish said:
I want to stuff em and embarrass them puts pressure on BaconChops and I always like watching him squirm...

It's Europa for me where should play our youngsters all the way till the S/F

if you think we can play the youngsters against porto and expect to win then you are dreaming.

We are playing them at home, we are playing them for our FA Cup, we are playing in front of 40,000 City fans, we've got them right where we want them.

I think this match will deal a huge psychological blow in the title challenge

I want the domestic treble.Strongest teams against the rags and red dippers.Win both and we have plenty time for players to recover in time for the Wigan game.Sky have done us a favour picking this game for a Monday.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.