Sunderland Post Match Reaction Thread

Chippy_boy said:
I will start by saying of course we played very well and it was pleasing to see the more attacking line up.

Everyone has gone on and on about how marvellous we were, so forgive me for not carrying on with that - it's all been said. So at the risk of being called a miserable twat, I would just point out the following.

First, Sunderland were really dire. You can only play what is in front of you, but they were hopeless, offering nothing in attack, defensively weak and uncompetitive in midfield. They flattered us for sure.

Second, I was still concerned that we totally took our foot off the gas when we went 2 nil up. For the next 30 minutes, we let them get right back into it... although admittedly we still looked the more dangerous. But we should have carried on as we started and we would have finished the game off in the first half. As it happens, it worked out fine (obviously) but I still think we were wrong to ease off so much after our 2nd goal.

My final criticism is that I think Kolorov is really not very good. He's not diabolical, clearly, but he's poor defensively and going forward not too brilliant either. Right back seems to be ok for us with Richards, Zabaleta and it would seem Boyata who can all do a top job for us. Maybe Boateng too. But we desperately need a decent left back. I'd rather have Wayne Bridge to be honest. I thought Kolorov was comfortably our worst player again today.
Sunderland uncompetitive? They were lucky to keep 11 men on the pitch with Webb being very lenient. They were poor yes, but the difference today was that City were fresh, and back to the team we were last year.

I thought Kolarov had an excellent game. His passing was excellent, and that's a feature that you don't normally see in full-backs. I don't think you will find another full-back in the country who can match his distribution. Yes, there are areas of his game where he can improve.

I thought we were worth the win today.

De Jong should have been Man of the Match, but hey ho, it's a 5-0 win. We never fully got going either, but it's good to see the players all celebrating with one another. All 10 outfield players celebrated Vieira's goal - excellent.

Post match interview is now on

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.mcfc.co.uk/Video" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.mcfc.co.uk/Video</a>

byronic said:
Nice drubbing of Sunderland.
One thing I don't understand is not giving Dzeko a chance against this team, when what he needs is a confidence buildup. Instead Mancini will give him 12 minutes against Liverpool so the haters can say "Ah Samaras 2 sucked again." Balotelli was pretty anonymous again today and could've at least been replaced on 65'.
Ever since the Aris brace it's like Mancini is doing everything he can not to give him a steady rhythm.
There's someone who didn't stay until the end. The only thing missing from the day wee Balotelli and Dzeko goals

Re: Post Match Reaction Thread (Please post in here)

Credit to Mancini, this lineup was a very welcome change! We just look so much more comfortable when NDJ is on the field, he inspires confidence and allows others to make attacking runs because he is so solid in his DM role. His ball to Tevez was fantastic for Silva's goal; my man of the match. Kompany and Lescott looked like the best CB partnership, both won everything that came near them. Yaya had a good game, and MY GOD how we have missed Adam Johnson. I hope this lineup starts vs. Liverpool, but I will not hold my breath...Mancini is still Italian, no attacking away from home! :)

Kompany is definitely PL Team of the Year starter.<br /><br />-- Sun Apr 03, 2011 6:46 pm --<br /><br />
Marvin said:
byronic said:
Nice drubbing of Sunderland.
One thing I don't understand is not giving Dzeko a chance against this team, when what he needs is a confidence buildup. Instead Mancini will give him 12 minutes against Liverpool so the haters can say "Ah Samaras 2 sucked again." Balotelli was pretty anonymous again today and could've at least been replaced on 65'.
Ever since the Aris brace it's like Mancini is doing everything he can not to give him a steady rhythm.
There's someone who didn't stay until the end. The only thing missing from the day wee Balotelli and Dzeko goals

And Dzeko would score how - with a sniper from the bench?

fantastic display today, Yaya was immense, as were the others, but Yaya was motm for me, just controlled the game in the middle.

Would have been nice to have seen Dzeko come on for a bit, but other than that, perfect. Onto red bin dippers.

great performance today from everyone, so glad to see johno and tev get back on he score sheet, only downsider was RM didnt bring dzeko on, good opportunity for him i think, other than that the startig line up was strong, and NDJ and yaya were immense.

He who dares wins bobby!

Much better today. quick passing, inventive, controlled.

Sunderland weren't great but you still have to beat them.

Silva and Tevez for me were excellent along with de Jong and kompany.

Balotelli had a good last 30 mins.

Only complaint was the taking the foot off the gas at 2.0 up until half time...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.