Sunderland post match thread

Agree apart from Aguero and I think Denayer would be ten times the player Alexs was today in that system.
You have to accept system worked for Kolarov today. Excellent use of the ball. Whether he will be so good against teams which attack a bit more we will see

Sterling was our best attacking player behind Silva today. He's really going to come on leaps and bounds under Pep. Nolito was good as well.

Kev didn't quite get a foothold in the game and both Sagna and Clichy weren't great.

Was impressed with Stones, Willy and Kola (can't believe it!).

The biggest issue seemed to be getting aggressive enough in the transition from midfield to the final third. I'm sure once we have everyone fit and understanding Pep, that'll be sorted.

Did anyone hear Camelgob snort when Dunne was talking about his impressions coming back: "the stadiums grown everything's better, they're set up for success" then Camelgob snorts and Dunne looks at him in the corner of his eye. He can't help himself can he.

I think Pep said it best in the interview after the match. This is step one and he knows what we need to work on. That wasnt the final product today, just the first step towards it...We werent passing with the same pace in the 2nd half and the old city started to creep back in a little but I'm sure it will come. I am hoping once Sane and Gundogan are back fit we will be able to improve that final ball and create better chances. Happy with a win but still think we need a player or two before the window shuts...

my only concern at this early stage are Sagna clichy and our other full backs good enough to come inside and play as central midfielders.

I was thinking this a few times during the game, maybe not a bad suggestion as has been quoted on here this summer about Delph and dinho as fullbacks, once gudongen is fit, could line up then something like
Dinho...komps...stones...Delphi
..................gudongen..................
Sane...kdb.............Silva.....sterling
....................kun.............................

Can only get better. Minutes away from dropping points to a poor sunderland team . How lucky is nollito to be playing for city.? Joe should be reinstated too. A similar performance against anyone decent and we get stuffed . We carried fuck all threat throughout. Thats got to change and hopefully will, sooner rather tgan latet.

Agreed. The optimism here after a narrow win against a very poor side is puzzling. There were some good signs, esp. Raheem, JS, Dinho as usual. And Gundogan will obviously be an important addition. On the other hand, David, Sergio, and most worryingly, KDB, were poor.

Things may very well get much better when we’re at full strength, but we can only judge what we see, and do so honestly. From that point of view, Pep’s vision for the team may take longer to become a reality than some of us expect. We all need to be patient.

Fernandinho more passes than the whole Sunderland team thought he was brilliant.

my only concern at this early stage are Sagna clichy and our other full backs good enough to come inside and play as central midfielders.

Thought overall we had great control of the match looked a bit leggy just before they scored but came back brilliantly ,Kolarov was very good at the back as was stones, sterling looked a lot more positive

Very pleased with the win and I know we will improve as the season progresses if we can stick in there until it becomes second nature we will have a great season

I thought Clichy did well in this role, he had 1 or 2 sloppy passes, Its going to be very interesting to see how this progresses.

When i saw only Dinho as the only midfielder in the starting line up, i was wondering what would happpen. This new set up , leaves the team very balanced.

I didnt notice sagna in the middle of the park as much, i would like to see how zabz operates in this role.

loved to see the shape we used and how both sagna and clichy was very good in keeping that shape... loved stones, so calm and kept the ball moving well, rock solid... was very nervous with kolarov before game but now I see what Pep does! Very accomplished game and not many steps wrong today! as was dinho my motm... beautiful in all his glory, covering so much ground and always playable... sterling very good today and seems confident again! Rest looked rusty.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.