Sunderland pre-match thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just hoping this isn't another Villa..we should batter them because they're fucking awful. I'll go 4-1 for our boys

We need a goal early before it becomes incredibly dull and slow paced. There's no doubt we'll concede at least one goal, when was our last clean sheet? (Poor Joe)

Anybody see these against Arsenal? I watched the whole match on telly. They were well up for it, they pushed the Arse hard, and every time they broke forward Arsenal looked deeply uncomfortable (more so than they did against us, as it happens). Until Arse got the third goal, which settled them, the result was still in doubt. It was eerily similar to our game against Southampton, in fact.
Of course we should be beating these! If we're not, then we're not credible title candidates as far I'm concerned, and we won't be looking beyond a top four spot (which, frankly, would be desperately underwhelming when you look at our line-up — with or without Vin). It's simple as. But we need to take them seriously, and I want to just see us come out of the blocks against them, and stick two in to settle us in the first half. If we start the way we so often do, Burlington Bertie from Bow (I walk down the Strand with my glove on my hand/Then I walk down again with it off), ambling around, taking all the time in the world, sideways passes all over the pitch, possession just for possession's sake, then I shall be deeply irritated.

Think we'll see

Hart
Sagna Kompany Otamendi Kolaroc
Yaya Fernandinho
De Bruyne Silva Sterling
Aguero

Are any of our young centre halves not worth a punt with vinny? Surely have to be better than Mangala and Otamendi. Wonder if we can recall Denayer in Jan? Personally happy to see Mangala, Otamendi and MDM moved on. Bring Denayer back and sign 2 good ones.

Are any of our young centre halves not worth a punt with vinny? Surely have to be better than Mangala and Otamendi. Wonder if we can recall Denayer in Jan? Personally happy to see Mangala, Otamendi and MDM moved on. Bring Denayer back and sign 2 good ones.
I think it's pretty clear after all the CB signings the problem is our scouts don't recognise what makes a good one.

Too early to say on Otty I think.

I think it's pretty clear after all the CB signings the problem is our scouts don't recognise what makes a good one.

Too early to say on Otty I think.

It's a really tough 1 cos no doubt mangala looked a real prospect at porto but playing in a poor league with a very good club! Then you have stones at Everton who everyone is raving about but Everton are woefull at the back and ship loads of goals so how does that make him a great center half? I'd agrue that we probably have the best squad of center backs in world football but our style of play managers tatics leave our back line massively exposed!

It's a really tough 1 cos no doubt mangala looked a real prospect at porto but playing in a poor league with a very good club! Then you have stones at Everton who everyone is raving about but Everton are woefull at the back and ship loads of goals so how does that make him a great center half? I'd agrue that we probably have the best squad of center backs in world football but our style of play managers tatics leave our back line massively exposed!

Maybe but I'd rather we had the 7 mill Stones than the 40 mill or whatever Mangala, not to mention whatever Savic and Nasty cost. I still have hopes for Otty and it would be great if Mangala came good. But he just doesn't look like he has the basics for me. Who knows though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.