Sunderland v City Post Match Discussion Thread

Usual bunch of toss being spouted post match in here...we dominated that game and should have won it comfortably....sometimes it just doesn't roll for you and we are in a spell like that...we just need to tough it out...this time last year was also our dip period....it'll all click again and we just need to stay in touch at the top until the dip passes...piss poor officating at the end...miles offside and lino well behind the play.
It's amazing how much satisfaction opposition teams and fans get from stopping us playing and how much kudos the media give them......no one is going to take us on head to head so we just have to get used to the fact that we have a few more parked bus/counter attack teams to play this season.
We'll be in the final mix...no worries. Please calm the fuck down.

dzeko and richards hitting the bar and conceding an offside goal with the final whistle sums it up quite well. bad luck wind blowing on city.

mancitydreamteam said:
toure and urgency should never be mentioned in the same sentence. argh well swings and roundabouts the fat arsed linesman couldnt keep up with the play in order to give the clearest off side in the game. we just need a player who can just run at defence with the ball. a messi like player. lavezzi perhaps?

Agreed ... I'm sure Bobby Mancini is going to be aware of this weakness and the pussy like "parked bus" philosophy a lot of the bottom of the barrel are using and he;ll get someone in the Jan Window Transfer ..?

We are not going to win anything playing like that.

When zabaleta and kolorov play we just don't seem to play well.

Johnson went missing totally 2nd half. No wonder he doesn't start.

De Jong is wasted in a game like that. He would have been better against LIverpool

Aguero should have buried that chance and as for Dzeko well he is just dire.

These two games just like villa and Birmingham from last season all over again.

If we don't step it up in the next 3/4 games we won't be winning anything!

We need to realise that if a team has 11 men behind the ball, we need to play the ball faster than we are, playing slow is playing into their hands and giving them time to figure out where we're going to go with it.

As for Dzeko, I'll be amazed, shocked and lose faith in humanity if he starts a game anytime soon after that. Last time he scored was QPR away on 5th November, nearly 2 months ago, and he's played 6 times in that time. He's there to score goals, if he would have scored today then I would've laughed off how bad he was but he didn't and it just highlights how poor he was even more. It's painful to watch him, he doesn't control the ball when he should, his shooting has been woeful, it's rare he has an all round good game, it's rare that he has a good game, I'm a big fan of him but he is really starting to annoy me now. It's like playing with 10 men, hoofing it up to him knowing it isn't going to stick is frustrating and crossing it in the air is pointless with him in there because he hardly wins headers and if he does, it isn't a clean contact and dribbles wide. He's painful to watch and frankly, for £30m and nearly a year of having to fit in, I expected more, tin hat time but I don't think he should be anywhere near this team while Aguero and Balotelli are here. I'd rather play Aguero up front on his own and Johnson and Silva playing off him.

As for Nasri, he slows the ball down when he has it, he looks clueless when he's got it, if somebody pressures him into making a decision then he bottles it and gets tackled, his shooting is dreadful and his crosses more often that not hit the first man or go into the keeper's hands. I'd have a half-fit, tired David Silva over Samir Nasri all day.

One more thing, Kolarov can't defend.

This isn't a knee jerk reaction because I usually don't react to bad performances but those 3 have had that many bad games and made that many mistakes that I couldn't resist.

citymad said:
We have to learn to go all out in that first 10 mins to get an early goal. Napoli at home showed the world how to play against us. Since then we've struggled to break teams down. early on I thought Johnson was going to have great game but O'neill sussed that one out and put two sometimes three players on him. Got to hand it to them they rode their luck but I really didn't see that winner coming. All in all, not a terrible performance we battered them nearly all game but not getting that early goal gave them belief.

Spot on with that observation. When we were supposedly too cautious last season we went to places like Fulham, WBA and Newcastle and were tow goals up befeore they knew what had hit them. I dont understand whay we arent doing the same this season.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.