Sunderland v City Post Match Discussion Thread

citytill1die84 said:
element_mcfc said:
im not fkn going to liverpool after that performance, if they dont care neither do i

makes me sick

That's a pathetic attitude to have if your like that at the match I wouldn't want u there. Get a grip we are top of the league FFS would u rather we go back to the old days and fight for survival? We didn't play bad we just couldn't score again.

Couldn't agree more - don't need you for the Liverpool match - best if just supporters go

Only a matter of time before a home teams `away tactics' got a result against us, fair play to Sunderland though, they just stuck at it and any chances that came our way we failed to capitalise on, don't think we'd have scored tonight if we'd have played another 90 minutes.

OH ! and Martin Tyler is a cnut, gladly slap him if I ever see him on my travels.

Very disappointed in the players today. I think Mancini set the team up fairly well. The team he set out should have easily beaten Sunderland but played terribly. Zaba, Barry, Micah and at the end Silva looked like the only players that really wanted anything out of this game. We need a better attitude. We had caught a big break with the Scum losing but we didn't take our chance. Poor performance.

razinho said:
The knee-jerk reactions are in full throttle!

Sunderland were garbage and another day we'd have won it. Packing 11 men behind a ball is horrible to watch and shows how much we're respected but i don't think Bobby has found a solution to this.

Dzeko was shocking, really needs to get a goal for some confidence and Yaya was a bit slow in passing, meant they could group behind the ball again. In saying that, i thought Kompany, Zaba, Barry had good games and decent(ish) from Lescott and Aguero when he came on.

The fact we're playing games so soon didn't give Bobby many options, i worry if we don't get 3 points on Tuesday the shit that will get posted on here!

Keep the faith, C'MON CITY!

Totally agree mate! C'MON CITY, lets pick ourselves up and remember we've got to keep moving, especially against the rags! We lost today but we're still at the top ... Home game v the scousers si the one to count ... Lets go City !!

Out of curiosity, when refs and Linesmen make wrong decision, what does the FA do to them? Or do they just get a pat on the back? Anyone?!

WhitbyBlue said:
What a fucking Shambles that really was! It's been coming after the quality of our last few games. The team needs a kick up the arse A.S.A.P. Yaya Toure... the sooner he fucks off the africa the better. People are moaning about Dzeko, but Yaya was the worst player on the pitch. Touch like an injured Rhino and coulden't complete 1 pass today. Every time I saw him he gave it a away. Fucking shite. Well deserved Sunderland.

^^^^ this, awful today! No attempt to track back at the end, leaving Balotelli out was criminal and the mishit by Silva at the end painful to watch also

Let's hope we beat the shit out of the bin dippers, as they and the rags in particular will be lifted after that

When teams park the bus away we have no answers. The scum have put up with this for years that's why through out the years they have utilized two good wingers and always tried to have 2 competent strikers in the box because you can't go through the middle and this works. We always try to go through the middle Aguero comes to the ball or gets forced wide Johnson doesn't cross much so we end up passing it around outside looking clueless.

We have to learn to go all out in that first 10 mins to get an early goal. Napoli at home showed the world how to play against us. Since then I think we've struggled to break teams down.

Early on I thought Johnson was going to have great game but O'neill sussed that one out and put two sometimes three players on him. You got to hand it to them it was cup final for them, they defended brilliantly and rode their luck I really didn't see that winner coming at all. All in all, not a terrible performance, we battered them nearly all game but not getting that early goal gave them belief.

Mr Partridge said:
Mancini is taking some stick for his team selection, there's been more than one suggestion on Radio Manchester that he needs to go(our fans embarrass me sometimes) but the fact is, that team was easily good enough to beat Sunderland today, and comfortably.

Blaming the manager is always the easiest thing to do after any defeat, but we had a bloody good team on paper out there today, and whether it was tiredness, complacency or just the fact that we were playing a team who parked the bus then broke away and won it with an offside goal, the players let us down today.

I for one was disappointed that the team he picked wasn't good enough today, rather than being disappointed with the team selection itself.

Yeah I agree - there was enough out there to win that game comfortably. They unfortunately just didn't do the business

Some over-reacting as usual on this site.
Did more than enough to win that game but for some iffy finishing.
Kolarov was only real disappointment for me; too slow, lazy and poor positional play.
I just don't think he is good enough.
At the end of the day we are still up there.
Just frustrating as big opportunity blown today.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.