Sunderland v City Post Match Discussion Thread

Burtonblue said:
Some over-reacting as usual on this site.
Did more than enough to win that game but for some iffy finishing.
Kolarov was only real disappointment for me; too slow, lazy and poor positional play.
I just don't think he is good enough.
At the end of the day we are still up there.
Just frustrating as big opportunity blown today.

I agree with most of what you say - big over reactions.

But...we didn't do 'more than enough'..we didn't do enough even for a draw. Not a title winning performance but we are still top !

that might be the last straw for aj as far as mancini is concerned

our big problem is we don't seem to be able to turn packed out defences, we keep playing through the middle and defenders just face forward the whole match, we don't seem to be able to time that last pass out wide to get them turned

i know dzeko will get a lot of stick on here but aguero missed our best chance after dzeko set him up

I like Kolarov, but he was painful to watch today, I was worried every time it got to their right hand side.

Sick of this Yaya fawning people do too, he's a quality player, but his effort and consistency is questionable and I don't think we'll miss him as much as we'd think. Although we WILL miss him, I don't doubt that.

Dzeko had two shots, one saved and one hit the bar, unlucky on both counts. His confidence has been hit to shreds because he was 'dropped' essentially and hasn't been in regularly since, but then we start him out of no where in a must win away game? Odd.

Everyone else performed okay for me, Barry showed his quality again even though he doesn't get his plaudits, fuck them. Nasri was the worst of the best, he did what he did right, just didn't take any risks.

Haven't seen the offside goal again, I simply left the room after chucking my homework across the room, needless to say I'm pissed and can't concentrate any more.

I just hope we fucking hammer those Scouse dickheads, cannot fucking stand them.

Bluemanc100 said:
WhitbyBlue said:
What a fucking Shambles that really was! It's been coming after the quality of our last few games. The team needs a kick up the arse A.S.A.P. Yaya Toure... the sooner he fucks off the africa the better. People are moaning about Dzeko, but Yaya was the worst player on the pitch. Touch like an injured Rhino and coulden't complete 1 pass today. Every time I saw him he gave it a away. Fucking shite. Well deserved Sunderland.

^^^^ this, awful today! No attempt to track back at the end, leaving Balotelli out was criminal and the mishit by Silva at the end painful to watch also

Let's hope we beat the shit out of the bin dippers, as they and the rags in particular will be lifted after that

Yaya the worst player? Did you actually watch the game? Second half he was the only one driving us forward. On another day that would have been 3 or 4 nil to us. We lost. End of. No excuses. We didn't score. They did. Football is like that sometimes. Get over it and move on.

Fuzzmaster101 said:
Zabba, Hart and Barry were excellent today. Dzeko was poor finishing-wise but you couldn't fault his commitment throughout. Nasri and Johnson weren't dangerous enough on the attack. De Jong didn't really bring anything to the party today. Yaya wasn't bad but not at his best.

It was a below par performance today (as it was against WBA) we just need to pick it up. If this is our poor run lets end it now and kick on! Bring on the dippers!

hear hear

Every team needs a bit of luck and we aren't having any at the minute.
Yes certain players haven't performed today but fuck me we were parked in their half for 75% of the game.
Their goal was offside which should of been given as the assistant was right in line.
Test of character now let's see what happens.

Usual overreaction from some City fans. We are still top by the way. We played reasonably today and certainly did not deserve to get beat. However we do seem to have been sussed by teams now. Even Liverpool and Chelsea playing at home defended deep against us. Liverpool will almost certainly do the same on Tuesday so we will need to be patient. Massive test now for Roberto Mancini. He has to come up with tactics to break these teams down.

Jesus, some of the texts on Radio Manchester:

Get rid of Mancini, bring in David O'Leary
Mark Hughes was the best manager we've had in years
Since Tevez left(when did that happen?) everything has fallen apart

Seriously, these are clearly Rags on a wind up. Someone must read them before they're read out? You'd expect a station like TalkSport to fall for it, but not the local Manchester station.

nwhn3 said:
Lets not get this match too out of preportion just because we were desparate to win. We battered Sunderland and had good positions to score. The main problem is that our strikers aren't being clinical enough. At this level you can't afford 3 or 4 chances to score and once the first goal goes in we go one to win the game. Silva had two good chances in the centre of goal, sergio had a good chance and Richards should have scored.

We just need to strikers to be a little more composed and we'll be fine.
Would agree with this.
We seem to generate a huge number of chances in these games but too many go missing.
Got caught with classic sucker (offside) punch today.
Hopefully we will learn defensively from this as we always looked vulnerable to the counter today...

Just a quick 2 cents - all of you telling Yaya Toure to run off to the ACN are stupid. He's been one of your better performers so far this season when you've needed him. I promise he'll be SORELY missed when hes gone.

Dzeko - liability. Fair play. No excuse.

For all of those complaining about having the bus parked, what do you think we (United) have been going through since we became successful? It's inevitable, as soon as teams begin to see you as a great offensive threat, they're gonna camp in their half. Welcome to reality.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.