Sunderland v City Post Match Discussion Thread

mancini must take the blame, play the best team, score, then make changes, italian arrogance, our second string players aint that good. big big chance lost.Think we will struggle on tuesday.

[MU]Prodigy said:
Just a quick 2 cents - all of you telling Yaya Toure to run off to the ACN are stupid. He's been one of your better performers so far this season when you've needed him. I promise he'll be SORELY missed when hes gone.

Dzeko - liability. Fair play. No excuse.

For all of those complaining about having the bus parked, what do you think we (United) have been going through since we became successful? It's inevitable, as soon as teams begin to see you as a great offensive threat, they're gonna camp in their half. Welcome to reality.

Fair point but a quick question do you watch City every week?

Gave them the 3 points at the end. We battled away for 90 minutes and after our last attempt came to nothing, we just said "ok have the points then".

What ON EARTH were our lads thinking of standing around like bookends at the end???

The best solution for teams that park the bus is to have quick passes and go forward before they regroup.

blackastrasal said:
one word iam sorry to say pathetic we have know chance of beating pool on tues no chance
I must be on drugs! Cus I reckon if we play like we did today we WILL beat 'pool.
Ok, we did'nt score BUT not for the want of trying imo.
Bobby had to play the team he did (which, on any other day would have beaten s'land.) Its just a bad day at the office. And Bobby will give em a hell of a talking to and they WILL sort it out.
We are still top of the prem!

Only just finished watching as I had to go out, tough to take that after battering them for 90 minutes, but I never had the feeling we were going to get one, we just werent at the races today.

3 points against the scouse is a must for me to get us back on the right track.

wireblue said:
heslops barnet said:
Tricky Dickys Right Foot Shot said:
We battered Sunderland today we lost from an offside counter attacking goal we deserved a win simple but we lost shite like this occurs the importing thing is we don't make a habit out of it....

We didn't win the league in December and we haven't lost the league in January... we're at the half way point now and still top that's the main point so far.

every BLUE should take note..............

We weren't unlucky. We didn't take our chances - that's not luck. If we'd taken our chances that offside would have meant nothing (and we wouldn't have left it so open at the back).
Let's not start blaming luck or the ref.
We put out a team, with a game in 48 hours in mind, that was good enough to win. But we didn't win.

I never said we were unlucky, but we were on the count of their goal standing but in the case of our own chances yes we were poor in front of goal just like we were against West Brom....

Andy Morrison's Flat Top said:
Andouble said:
title-costing week.

Would have been better with 10 players instead of Dzeko.

Good time to lose; if there is a good time. Hopefully will wake us up. We've been really unlucky with recent results. We'll turn it around against Liverpool, and go on a run

True in a way ... I think it will give us a wake up call. I also think loosing this away game at Sunderlnad and drawing the away game recently at WBA due to the "parking the bus" ethos will make Mancini aware of changes tactics to tackle this style of defending deep with all 11 players but it might have highlighted that we have a weakness, which maybe solved with a new player in January?

john blue said:
mancini must take the blame, play the best team, score, then make changes, italian arrogance, our second string players aint that good. big big chance lost.Think we will struggle on tuesday.
Sorry but are you trying to tell me our second string team should not be good enough to deal with a Sunderland second string side?
Would you rather send out the likes of Kolarov against the scouse or rags later in the week?
You cannot seroiously expect not to rotate a squad with our fixture list?!?!
Truth is we battered them, missed a hatful of chances and got done by an offside goal.
Ridiculous to blame the manager.
Blame some of the players for not taking their chances but not the gaffer.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.