Sunderland v City Post Match Discussion Thread

Had to give myself and hour before I posted so I'd calmed down enough to be objective.

Defeats like that are harder to take but were still top off the league. I'm certain this is the dip in form that happens to every team at some point in the season. We have a massive month now in january, alot of games and the pressure will be huge. This is where we lack experience as a team, having said that this is the only way we'll gain it. I think if we can get to the Everton game within touching distance of the rags the run-in is far better for us than them.

Today I thought Johnson was poor, he really doesn't do himself any favours when given the chance. After some good cameo roles recently, Mancini gives him a start and back to mediocrity it is.

My other concern is Dzeko he comes across as a player that needs to play all the time to get the best out of him and with manicini he won't get that. My worry is will he be able to adapt? I hope so because at his best he's an absolute beast of a player.

I'm still confident of a win on Tuesday against the dippers, then bring on the rags. Two wins in the next two games would give the players a massive boost and we could really kick on in the second half of the season.

Keep the faith blues

CTID

cupsforcockups said:
Danielmanc said:
samharris said:
We are the victims of our own success..scoring goals for fun away from home has now got teams parking the bus..west brom and now sunderland..

Our players are not performing to the high standards we have been used to but to all those calling for the heads of Nasri, Johnno and Dzeko.

please fuck off and come back when yer heads have stopped wobbling..

Good post mate
I suppose slagging off does no good but ffs take the blue tinted glasses off.Many more performances like this and the will be going to the swamp.They lost yesterday but scored two goals(usually enough to win a game).Today showed our lack of top quality when players need rest
Kolorov-not good enough
nasri-piss poor and if he ever makes a tackle he should be knighted,24m a and looks ordinary to me
De Jong-citys ray wilkins never plays a forward pass.A different outlook on the way we play football now,surplus to requirements
Johnson-2nd half woefull,thats why manchini should never start with him but he knows that
Dzeko-Terrible today,either must be kept in the side for a run because he has no confidence or used as a sub also either cannot or does not want to play as a lone striker.
Been watching city since 1980 so seen some bad times,maybe with all this money and players i am expecting to much or am i ?

it was the market at the time. We had to pay high prices to get the players here.

dont they say lose 7/8 games and your title is over,were half way and lost two so on that basis we will prob lose another two which equals four 'looking good to me chaps'

I have just read the worst post ever "Kompany need replacing"...... what a fuckin cock you are my friend!!!!<br /><br />-- Sun Jan 01, 2012 6:24 pm --<br /><br />I have just read the worst post ever "Kompany need replacing"...... what a fuckin cock you are my friend!!!!

This is our blip

Every team has one. Hopefully it ends today. I'd rather lose a game to teams like Sunderland than the teams chasing the league. That is all.

Odd seeing all the AJ hate, I thought he was one of the only ones showing grit and determination going forward

Nasri on the other hand.... he just doesn't have "it" for me, totally anonymous, and people tried to compare what he and Silva do???

Joleon, we must get a CB in this window with Kolo leaving

Dzeko... It looked like he wasn't arsed from the first minute, every chance he missed and every time he gave the ball away he just looked like "fuck it, don't care"

NDJ, the bullshit yellow card hurt his game but still wouldn't have made a difference

Yaya standing there watching while they break on the last counter left me really upset, shit fucking game and we deserved what we got. Hope Mancini rings some necks

RVZ Urmston said:
I have just read the worst post ever "Kompany need replacing"...... what a fuckin cock you are my friend!!!!

-- Sun Jan 01, 2012 6:24 pm --

I have just read the worst post ever "Kompany need replacing"...... what a fuckin cock you are my friend!!!!

That poster is red shite on the WUM...

cupsforcockups said:
Danielmanc said:
samharris said:
We are the victims of our own success..scoring goals for fun away from home has now got teams parking the bus..west brom and now sunderland..

Our players are not performing to the high standards we have been used to but to all those calling for the heads of Nasri, Johnno and Dzeko.

please fuck off and come back when yer heads have stopped wobbling..

Good post mate
I suppose slagging off does no good but ffs take the blue tinted glasses off.Many more performances like this and the will be going to the swamp.They lost yesterday but scored two goals(usually enough to win a game).Today showed our lack of top quality when players need rest
Kolorov-not good enough
nasri-piss poor and if he ever makes a tackle he should be knighted,24m a and looks ordinary to me
De Jong-citys ray wilkins never plays a forward pass.A different outlook on the way we play football now,surplus to requirements
Johnson-2nd half woefull,thats why manchini should never start with him but he knows that
Dzeko-Terrible today,either must be kept in the side for a run because he has no confidence or used as a sub also either cannot or does not want to play as a lone striker.
Been watching city since 1980 so seen some bad times,maybe with all this money and players i am expecting to much or am i ?

And since 1980 just how many times have City been top of the table ??? put there by the players being slagged off left right and centre today.

Fook me theres some over reacting going down today.

Bobbys reaction after today ...

Is Bobby right with his assessment ??

Sun 01 Jan 2012, 5:38PM
Posted by David Clayton

Roberto Mancini admitted he couldn’t believe his team lost to Sunderland after dominating the game and creating so many chances.

City had 19 shots, struck the bar twice and wasted several opportunities only to be stung by a breakaway goal four seconds from the end of added time.

“We deserved to win this game,” said the City boss. “I think it’s incredible that we didn’t take three points today.

“I don’t know how many chances we had but last season we had exactly the same situation where we lost the game with virtually the last kick of the match.

“We were very unlucky today but we have to put this game out of our minds because we play Liverpool in 48 hours’ time.”

Mancini was deflated yet philosophical about the manner of Sunderland’s victory, adding that the Blues need to learn when a point is better than nothing at all.

“We were trying to win this game and did everything we could,” he said. “But there are days when you have to realise that sometimes things don’t go your way and no matter how hard you try, it’s just not going to be your day.

...Roberto Mancini

“I think the goal was offside but we didn’t get the decision and now we have to move on.

"This is a big opportunity missed because we could have gone three points clear of United, but we have to re-focus now and put this defeat out of our minds because we have another important game in just two days.

“I think we are having a bit of bad luck at the moment because we had so many chances to score, but we have ended with a defeat. We will look to respond quickly against Liverpool.”

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.