Sunderland v City Post Match Discussion Thread

Re: Bobbys reaction after today ...

His reaction is about right. We pummeled Sunderland today.
We went out with the right attitude, not complacent or arrogant, like other teams who expect the opposition to roll over after a chorus of 'happy birthday".

Luck deserted us, roll on Tuesday. I can't see AJ starting for a while now, he really missed an opportunity to shine today.

blueboyforever said:
blueboyforever said:
newmcfcfan said:
I felt like Johnson was playing like a prick today, I wonder if his boyhood team meant more to him today than city did, played like a twat, the play generally was absolutely fucking disgusting but not something that surprised me, the pressure was on and we fucked it, same old story I'm afraid, WE NEED A FUCKING REPLACEMENT FOR THE POISONOUS TEVEZ ASAP!!!! Edin dzeko is a fucking amateur, baliotelli is to unpredictable, ffs sign a world class finisher and employ dzeko to show others how not to play!!!!!
Are you sure your just new to mcfc? By the sounds of it your new to football in general

Yes I'm new to football... Gimp....

Gimp???? Why call me that? Your post is laughable we didn't need a replacement for tevez when we were scoring for fun and we don't need one now. Dzeko an amateur, did you ever stop to consider that he might be a confidence player that needs a run of games to be at his best. He wasn't an amateur when he put four past spurs was he?[/quote]

He does not perform consistently enough, I like the lad and when he plays well, he plays well but in reality, apart from balo, we don't really have an out and out striker, what I'm saying is we are losing Tevez so why not replace him with a half decent finisher? Don't know why any of you are disagreeing really, apart from for the bloody sake of it....

buckshot said:
Danielmanc said:
Marvin said:
Is this a joke? Logs off. What a total waste of time Bluemoon is after a defeat

I think this post was a little 'ironic' Marvin - chill

I was going to include all of their backups today as well. I figured if they weren't good enough to start over that horrible collection they should be dropped too. (Maybe that would have given it away though)

Yeah...and you missed Hart off the list :-)

LoveCity said:
I think the goal was offside but we didn’t get the decision and now we have to move on.

Don't think any other manager would say this, Mancini is about the only one in the league who isn't up in arms - when he has every right to be considering how many times bad decisions have cost us this season (Munich, Chelsea, and today being three examples).
The sky camera's ask way too much of a linesman, by the time the ball went through Ji had come back and was on-side

Exeter Blue I am here said:
He may be right, but I think he's also in denial. If it wasn't common knowledge before, it is now. We have a real problem breaking down teams that are organised and have 8 men always behind the ball. When the rags and Spurs encounter this, they simply go down the flanks (where they both have serious pace) and they rain in cross after vicious cross. We just don't have that as an option. We have only one proper winger at the club and he is a big time Charlie who never delivers away from home and we have precious little pace nor anyone that could hit a cow's arse with a banjo when it comes to crossing the ball accurately. Similarly in midfield, Ya Ya Toure is a waste of time when space is at a premium. He thrives on galloping forward - as does Dzeko - not making bleep test type shuttle runs. He's just not built for it. Predictions of doom will doubtless be banned on here, but in all honesty I can't see an away win for love nor money. We're gonna get the bus parked in front of us from now til the end of the season I'm afraid, and I think both the rags and Spurs will finish above us, even though we're the better side, because they have what it takes to win on MOST of these occasions. We don't. Expect more of the same at home to Liverpool

I think this just about sums it up. We lack pace. The likes of Swansea, Norwich, Wigan, Everton will be watching those last two games with Glee because it works against us.

Yaya played well in the first half when he was allowed to go forward, For me he should have brought Milner on for De Jong and Aguero for Dzeko, who was just shit.

I cant see us winning the title when we dont have a plan B. Yes we dominated but we are not creating anywhere near as many clear chances away from home.

i8rags said:
Wow, as bob said it's impossible to lose this game. Well for what it's worth, spending half an hour chasing an improbable victory left us open to the counter and we nearly paid for it earlier in the game. Pick our best side and we would easily of got all three points. The blame for me is bobs.
Might as well blame the crossbar for getting in the way twice!

The side today created easily enough to win the game - just failed to convert chances and lost to a last minute OFFSIDE sucker punch goal.
Blame players, not the manager.

I am still disappointed but I am over it now looking forward to Tuesday. Still think the barcodes can do the rags.

Today we was crying out for a ultra fast wide man getting to the line and whipping it in. Sometimes we just need wingers playing on the correct side of the pitch and beating the man to get cross in.

Thats how the scum do it. They cant play through the middle so they hit the wings time and time again.

Adam Johnson is not the man. Impact player against tiring legs only on this form.

Millwallawayveteran1988 said:
Exeter Blue I am here said:
He may be right, but I think he's also in denial. If it wasn't common knowledge before, it is now. We have a real problem breaking down teams that are organised and have 8 men always behind the ball. When the rags and Spurs encounter this, they simply go down the flanks (where they both have serious pace) and they rain in cross after vicious cross. We just don't have that as an option. We have only one proper winger at the club and he is a big time Charlie who never delivers away from home and we have precious little pace nor anyone that could hit a cow's arse with a banjo when it comes to crossing the ball accurately. Similarly in midfield, Ya Ya Toure is a waste of time when space is at a premium. He thrives on galloping forward - as does Dzeko - not making bleep test type shuttle runs. He's just not built for it. Predictions of doom will doubtless be banned on here, but in all honesty I can't see an away win for love nor money. We're gonna get the bus parked in front of us from now til the end of the season I'm afraid, and I think both the rags and Spurs will finish above us, even though we're the better side, because they have what it takes to win on MOST of these occasions. We don't. Expect more of the same at home to Liverpool

I think this just about sums it up. We lack pace. The likes of Swansea, Norwich, Wigan, Everton will be watching those last two games with Glee because it works against us.

Yaya played well in the first half when he was allowed to go forward, For me he should have brought Milner on for De Jong and Aguero for Dzeko, who was just shit.

I cant see us winning the title when we dont have a plan B. Yes we dominated but we are not creating anywhere near as many clear chances away from home.

TBF every team suffers a blip and you are getting yours.

One thing i do agree with is pace. Sometimes your team lacks that player who dribbles or sprints past a defender like a G.Bale or even a Nani. Hazard or Mata would be great players for you.

i8rags said:
Wow, as bob said it's impossible to lose this game. Well for what it's worth, spending half an hour chasing an improbable victory left us open to the counter and we nearly paid for it earlier in the game. Pick our best side and we would easily of got all three points. " The blame for me is bobs."[/quote]

totally agree

newmcfcfan said:
blueboyforever said:
blueboyforever said:
Are you sure your just new to mcfc? By the sounds of it your new to football in general

Yes I'm new to football... Gimp....

Gimp???? Why call me that? Your post is laughable we didn't need a replacement for tevez when we were scoring for fun and we don't need one now. Dzeko an amateur, did you ever stop to consider that he might be a confidence player that needs a run of games to be at his best. He wasn't an amateur when he put four past spurs was he?

He does not perform consistently enough, I like the lad and when he plays well, he plays well but in reality, apart from balo, we don't really have an out and out striker, what I'm saying is we are losing Tevez so why not replace him with a half decent finisher? Don't know why any of you are disagreeing really, apart from for the bloody sake of it....[/quote]
I'm not disagreeing for the sake of it but your words baffle me. Replace tevez with a half decent finisher. Balo, Dzeko and Aguero have all scored a fair amount of goals this year, yes they miss chances but that happens. You can't just replace people because we don't score for a couple of games.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.