Sunderland v City Post Match Discussion Thread

Re: we lose when we want

wow what a great thread.

proper hardcore you ........fuck off

Bluemanc100 said:
Burtonblue said:
i8rags said:
Ffs, who picks the players, the first half was borderline shite, the second half improved somewhat with the the players bob swapped. So it's not the players fault. You don't go sea fishing in waders if you've got a trawler in dock.

I suppose you think it's reasonable to send our first 11 out today, tuesday against liverpool and saturday against the rags?!

As someone involved with football at league level I can assure you that players will not sustain that level of physical demand without a high likelyhood of getting injured, hence the importance of squad rotation and why we will probably end winning the league, as we do have the deepest squad.

Truth is today was our easiest game of the coming month, and the players sent out at the start were plenty good enough to win us the game. Despite not playing at their best, enough chances were created to win the game, they just weren't converted.

To blame the manager for that is easy but plain wrong in my opinion. It's the players who missed the chances.

+1 for those comments..... we have to hope that the "typical City" mantle is a thing of the past and this will make the desire to win stronger.

At least the dippers will come at us Tuesday and let us play

Sunday, we play the rags Sunday...just saying!<br /><br />-- Sun Jan 01, 2012 9:05 pm --<br /><br />
blueste41 said:
Bluemanc100 said:
Burtonblue said:
I suppose you think it's reasonable to send our first 11 out today, tuesday against liverpool and saturday against the rags?!

As someone involved with football at league level I can assure you that players will not sustain that level of physical demand without a high likelyhood of getting injured, hence the importance of squad rotation and why we will probably end winning the league, as we do have the deepest squad.

Truth is today was our easiest game of the coming month, and the players sent out at the start were plenty good enough to win us the game. Despite not playing at their best, enough chances were created to win the game, they just weren't converted.

To blame the manager for that is easy but plain wrong in my opinion. It's the players who missed the chances.

+1 for those comments..... we have to hope that the "typical City" mantle is a thing of the past and this will make the desire to win stronger.

At least the dippers will come at us Tuesday and let us play

Sunday, we play the rags Sunday...just saying!

Yeah it will be nice to play a team that don't treat the game like a defensive training session!

I liked it.

Better than all the usual bollocks that's spouted on here after a not so clinical performance.

(we had 10 corners to their 1, 69% possession, hit the woodwork twice with 5 shots on target to their 3, 15 shots off to their 3, and 86% pass completion to their 70%)

stavros said:
ancoats said:
stavros said:
wow what a great thread.

proper hardcore you ........fuck off

happy new year to you aswell

yeah sorry for that outburst.
crap thread though
happy new year

we are turning into them over the road glory hunters
never in a million years would would i see manchester city on top of the league at the start of a new year and everybody feeling down

come on blues we been to hell and back

Re: Bobbys reaction after today ...

citymad said:
Thats how I saw it. Could have played for another 90 min and we probably wouldn't have scored. We dominated the game and had no luck at all.

In fairness though - we never looked like scoring. Starting to look like Arsenal infront of goal..................................luck had nowt to do with it. They had two clear cut chances of one-on-one with our keeper that they should have converted.
Our play lacked leadership when things weren't going to plan. No one took responsibility to make things happen.Also:

Why cant Dzeko head a ball?
Why are Silva's ankles too weak to hit the ball hard?
Why is Kolarov still pulling on our shirt?
Why hasnt someone given AJ a second trick to try?
Who said Nasri was a world beater?
Why isnt Milner playing?
Is Aguero suffering from some sort of long lasting dibilitating illness- in truth, he's been poor for some time.

Im at my lowest ebb........................THESE ARE WORRYING TIMES.

hilts said:
In_Good_Kompany said:
no it wasnt dont be silly
-----------------------------

not it wasnt what?

It was both lucky and offside, meaning you are wrong on both accounts im afraid

when sky paused the action as the sunderland player passed the ball through and then put a line on the screen the player was marginally offside, if think that this is CLEARLY offside to the linesman in real time then you are as silly as the other bloke

i didnt say it wasnt offside i said it wasnt clearly offside

thank you

His whole body was offside, that is pretty clear to me when the rule is only the head has to be in front.

You didn't say it wasn't clearly offside you just made a smartarse remark about "don't be silly" so do one<br /><br />-- Sun Jan 01, 2012 9:49 pm --<br /><br />
apple pie corner said:
For all he possession, we did not create one chance...

Did you watch the game?

oakiecokie said:
Is Bobby right with his assessment ??

Sun 01 Jan 2012, 5:38PM
Posted by David Clayton

Roberto Mancini admitted he couldn’t believe his team lost to Sunderland after dominating the game and creating so many chances.

City had 19 shots, struck the bar twice and wasted several opportunities only to be stung by a breakaway goal four seconds from the end of added time.

“We deserved to win this game,” said the City boss. “I think it’s incredible that we didn’t take three points today.

“I don’t know how many chances we had but last season we had exactly the same situation where we lost the game with virtually the last kick of the match.

“We were very unlucky today but we have to put this game out of our minds because we play Liverpool in 48 hours’ time.”

Mancini was deflated yet philosophical about the manner of Sunderland’s victory, adding that the Blues need to learn when a point is better than nothing at all.

“We were trying to win this game and did everything we could,” he said. “But there are days when you have to realise that sometimes things don’t go your way and no matter how hard you try, it’s just not going to be your day.

...Roberto Mancini

“I think the goal was offside but we didn’t get the decision and now we have to move on.

"This is a big opportunity missed because we could have gone three points clear of United, but we have to re-focus now and put this defeat out of our minds because we have another important game in just two days.

“I think we are having a bit of bad luck at the moment because we had so many chances to score, but we have ended with a defeat. We will look to respond quickly against Liverpool.”

This is a worrying statement "“But there are days when you have to realise that sometimes things don’t go your way and no matter how hard you try, it’s just not going to be your day."

Winning teams MAKE things happen and don't trust to lady luck............................this sums up our failure - lack of leadership when frustration sets in. Christ - we even resorted to the bloody long ball game against a depleated very average team. Shocking.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.