Sunderland v City Post Match Discussion Thread

Prestwich_Blue said:
While I'm still upset about the way we approached the game, we've been a little unlucky to play West Brom just when Hodgson is starting to get them organised and Sunderland when O'Neill is still fresh in the job and they're on a new manager bounce.

I'm more worried about our away form against middling teams:

19games.png

We've got to start picking up wins against those mid-table teams as there are a lot of potential banana skins there.

Arsenal, Newcastle, Stoke and Everton not good hunting grounds are you trying to ruin my new year LOL.

adrianr said:
Juan King said:
adrianr said:
Er, their manager is Martin O'Neil. Tyler was the commentator ;)

Not sure if you've been Clarkied.

Would have worked if he hadn't used the guys full name. As he did it's either a genuine mix-up or a well shit clarkie :p

That was NOT a Clarkie. He messed up seeing the name 'Martin'.

Best laugh of the night tbf. ;o)

Prestwich_Blue said:
While I'm still upset about the way we approached the game, we've been a little unlucky to play West Brom just when Hodgson is starting to get them organised and Sunderland when O'Neill is still fresh in the job and they're on a new manager bounce.

19games.png

We've got to start picking up wins against those mid-table teams as there are a lot of potential banana skins there.

Love the table mate. It looks a lot better looking at it this way. Agreed, we do need to win more mid table games. The majority of our away games are all mid-tablers. We got a rags and other big boys all at home where we are a f*cking force to be reckoned with.

Feeling good and got a great feeling the boys will be wanting to prove themselves on Tuesday v the dippers!

Prestwich_Blue said:

19games.png

Interesting way of looking at it, thanks for the table. That little cluster of 3 results is a bit worrying. Especially when both QPR and Bolton were very nearly banana skins in themselves. We've only properly put one 'lower' team to the sword away from home and that was Blackburn, who, well, yeah. It was Blackburn.

Let's hope our home form will be enough to see it through!

adrianr said:
Prestwich_Blue said:

19games.png

Interesting way of looking at it, thanks for the table. That little cluster of 3 results is a bit worrying. Especially when both QPR and Bolton were very nearly banana skins in themselves. We've only properly put one 'lower' team to the sword away from home and that was Blackburn, who, well, yeah. It was Blackburn.

Let's hope our home form will be enough to see it through!

It's still in your hands imo.

United have to go to you, Spurs, Chelsea and Arsenal. I can see them dropping points especially against Spurs and you. You have played all the big boys except for us, away from home.

Only good thing about having to play twice in 48 hours is that hopefully we can very quickly leave this poor result behind us with a good result against the Dippers. Let's try not imagine a loss to them on Tuesday, a draw wouldn't be the end of the world and certainly no cause for the depression this result has caused.

Wow....what more can i say that hasn't been said already.

City were dreadful in front of goal and lacked any sort of speed in possession. To all the people saying it was the line-up thats bullshit.
Two games straight against weak opponents and we didn't score 1 goal. For a team flying it should have been 6 points banked = 5 points clear = title race over.

Couple things i saw in the match:
1) Adam Johnson is simply a shadow of the player who performed for us last season. The fact that he has scored numerous goals has appeared to keep the media happy, but not me. He is very lazy without possession and far too many times he looks for the long ball, or the short reverse pass, or tries to take too many people on. The fact is if we watched the match again, i can guarantee 50% of his possessions ended up either losing it or being intercepted. Not good enough. We need to dip into the market. I would be relieved if Hazard was a replacement.

2) Mancini made the crucial error of relegating Nasri for Silva. These are the two players who unlock the "10-men behind the ball" syndrome. Leaving AJ really meant there were 3 midfield players - since all he did was hug the touch line. THIS PLAYED INTO SUNDERLAND'S HANDS, THEY WANTED US TO GO WIDE AND CROSS. WE OBLIGED.
NASRI + SILVA + AGUERO = Movement.

3) With away games against Stoke, Newc and Norwich similar fate is on the cards. We need to get back to being ruthless in front of goal. Forget trying to be too intricate, let's create chances and finish them methodically.

Golden Balls said:
2) Mancini made the crucial error of relegating Nasri for Silva. These are the two players who unlock the "10-men behind the ball" syndrome. Leaving AJ really meant there were 3 midfield players - since all he did was hug the touch line. THIS PLAYED INTO SUNDERLAND'S HANDS, THEY WANTED US TO GO WIDE AND CROSS. WE OBLIGED.
NASRI + SILVA + AGUERO = Movement.

All 3 haven't unlocked any defence for a long while.

Are we turning into the new PL Arsenal, top football pass the ball 10 times when 4 would do, pass all round the penalt area being shot shy and rarely attack with pace therefor always allowing the opposition to get all there players behind the ball. This seemed to work for us but now teams compensate for this by packing in men between the edge of the box and the half way line, We need to change our strategy away from home.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.