Sunderland v City Post Match Discussion Thread

tbh i even said to my mum after the united match....now that they have lost we have the perfect chance to take advantage but this is manchester city..we take the hard way so it will be a typical city moment..

damn

Well I've had a chance to calm down about it and I think on reflection I'm even angrier than I was before :P I never went into this campaign expecting us to win the league, not even close. In fact I'd have been over the moon with a carbon copy of last season, 3rd place, FA Cup, job's a good un.

However how things have transpired over the first half of the season, Chelsea being shit, Spurs being good but still not convincingly title contenders (though a few more results like today and that may have to be readjusted slightly!), Arsenal being shit, and United loosing Vidic, often not having Rio, or a number of other first team players, plus the general lack of quality in their whole squad (De Gea, lol), then of course our fantastic start, and the dawning realisation we have probably the most quality (in first 11 and depth) squad to ever grace the Premier League, I'm beginning to lean more towards "why the fuck are we not so far in front second place can't even taste our fumes" than "oh well you can't win them all".

After the 6-1 drubbing United were playing shite. Hell they only even beat Sunderland by them conceding an own goal. But they won. And they kept winning. This shouldn't matter, because we should be playing so good their results don't make any difference. We had a 5 point lead. In the past 2 games we could have gotten that 5 point lead back if we'd taken our chances and won the games we should of. But no. Now the most expensively assembled squad in the league is back level with a team who shouldn't even be in touching distance. Chelsea you could let go, we got done over undeservedly. West Brom was annoying but you always get the odd fixture like that in 38, it won't all go our way. You can let it slide. Sunderland there is just no excuse. If you're in a bit of a rut and you need lifting out of it you play a good team and go give someone a fucking hammering. People are angry at the media etc for getting so jolly at Sunderland winning and mentioning the cost of our squad. Sorry folks but that's pretty much the long and short of it. The team we put out to start was the wrong one, and it STILL should have seen off Sunderland, certainly shouldn't have fucking lost (offside or not, the chances they created against us were ridiculous).

People will quote this with the usual unimaginative drama queen comments, but if today hasn't made you angry I wonder if you'll be angry when (if) we lose out on the league to one of the worst Rag teams there has ever been (because lets face it, no-one else is winning the fucking thing). These are the days you put yourself 3 points clear in a tough month about to lose one of your best players. Not fucking dilly dally about with a poor squad selection and only end up having to bring on the very people you're supposed to be resting, to go and fucking lose anyway. GAH!!!

Glad I got that off my chest :)

Obviously not the best for us but that kid's face is a picture

Pg-2s-city-afp.jpg

Comrade Buka said:
homerdog said:
Not sure what's worse; our performance, their offside goal, or Martin Tyler screaming like a fucking girl when they scored...

Blame a manager for being happy for winning. Some people on here are real fucking pieces of work...

Er, their manager is Martin O'Neil. Tyler was the commentator ;)

adrianr said:
Comrade Buka said:
homerdog said:
Not sure what's worse; our performance, their offside goal, or Martin Tyler screaming like a fucking girl when they scored...

Blame a manager for being happy for winning. Some people on here are real fucking pieces of work...

Not sure if you've been Clarkied.

Comrade Buka said:
homerdog said:

Actually.

......................................................................................

...........................................................................................

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Tyler was the commentator.

Edit: Damn, I got beat to it....lol

While I'm still upset about the way we approached the game, we've been a little unlucky to play West Brom just when Hodgson is starting to get them organised and Sunderland when O'Neill is still fresh in the job and they're on a new manager bounce.

I'm more worried about our away form against middling teams:

19games.png

We've got to start picking up wins against those mid-table teams as there are a lot of potential banana skins there.

Juan King said:
adrianr said:
Comrade Buka said:

Not sure if you've been Clarkied.

Would have worked if he hadn't used the guys full name. As he did it's either a genuine mix-up or a well shit clarkie :p

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.