Sunderland v City Post Match Discussion Thread

Why do we play backwards football surely you should play your strongest 11 first, then substitute your best players when the game is secure. We should have started today with Balo, aguero and siva then taken them off when we were ahead.

I enjoyed this game.... Losing doesn't worry me whatsoever, we are still top.

As said, all those years of being the Underdog made me empathise with Sunderland.

Frustrating to watch, but pantomine moments :D

This was a freak result we could've won easily but
lost by an off-side goal scored in the last second.
We're still creating lots of chances today just wasn't ment to be.

please everybody chill you cannot win them all(and we will find the way to break the parked bus soon enough) and im sure the players feel as bad as we do if we dont turn liverpool then start to worry but look who is chasing us come on the title is ours stop stressing we have the better team by far

o and i miss tevez

Andouble said:
title-costing week.

We're still top.

We'd laugh at Utd fans if they were to give up the title after losing to Blackburn. It's the same for us. It's annoying as fuck to lose to a last second (offside) goal after having all the play but this happens. There really is no need for all the knee-jerkery on here. It's embarrassing.

Was gutted when I saw the textcast tis morning - even more gutted when I saw that the goal was offside but as Roberto said - we didn't play well and we have been unlucky with linesamen and referees in the last three weeks ---- BUT WE ARE STILL TOP

Against West Brom, and also yesterday, we should have had Milner playing at right back. Milner is a decent crosser of the ball normally and against sides that park the bus he would be brilliant, as he doesn't need to defend too much and can whip balls in from deep towards Edin and Yaya. He is a far better crosser than any of our fullbacks and can do it with both feet. Mancini missed a trick here for me.

Anyone who wasn't sick to the stomach with that result and the manner in which it was achieved is a liar. Absolutely sickening.
Nothing can be done to change the result, just learn from it and move on. The key though is to learn and not just simply move on.
What have we learnt from the last two blanks in front of goal? We have to mix it up a lot more than we are doing. Against teams that park the proverbial bus in front of their goal the intricate passing becomes more difficult. Two things I'd like to see more of in games such as WBA & Sunderland is 1) getting closer to the 18 yard line and shooting and 2) more crosses into the box from the flanks. Very basic stuff.
Can't believe AK came off instead of Zaba(as much as I love him) as at least he provides width and some crosses as Zaba's defensive qualities weren't needed. On the bench we need another out and out wide player so whether it's now or in the summer that's the one position we need strengthening.

Onward and upward though! Top of the league boys and girls. Some great fixtures to look forward to. Remember York away (and no I wasn't there!) then pinch yourself! Oh and Sunderland ..... you LUCKY bastards!

The worst thing for me was not the performance which was lacklustre but the throwing away of one point. That one point could make all the difference and we just gave it away by stupidly piling everyone forward.

We gave away a point at Sunderland last season and 2 points at Stoke by doing the same!

I can see all teams adopting those tactics from now on including the bigger sides and unless we find a way and quickly we won't be winning the league. Liverpool and spurs are now massive games and we must win. If we don't win either of those then the chasing pack will be snapping at out heels never mind united.

my opinion..Wrong team selection!
you play your strongest team at all times..you worry about the other teams when you play them not three or four days before....

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.