Sunderland v City Post Match Discussion Thread

Oh dear. I hope that that was the http://forums.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=240819&p=5035134#p5035134. It had to happen sometime; typical City. I just fear that decent managers have worked out how to stop us scoring and others will follow their example.

Aguero needs to learn to release the ball when he's blocked in the area and there are others in better positions. And Johnson needs to think quicker when he receives the ball. I can hear the cogs turning from 400 miles away!

Plays who don't start regular given chance to impress Kolarov , Dzeko and Johnson all 3 utter rubbish no fight or willing in any of them can include toure in that aswell Adam Johnson isn't a 90 minute player and never will be

Seems like the pressure is getting to the players. Simple passes going wayward, rash shots from distance and unconvincing finishing in the box.

I don't think Dzeko, Nasri and Johnson did themselves any favours today at all. This was a real opportunity for them to show what they can do and they highlighted why the current rotation is weighted against them. As for Kolarov, I really don't rate the guy he is a liability defensively and his offense consists of backwards pass or wild shot.

I can't believe we didn't get more crosses in when they were camped in their own box. Too many passes between the defence and midfield for me. All that possesion is irrelevant if we haven't scored.

Will be interesting to see how we respond in our next away game as everyone will be setting up against us in the same way now.

Oh, and it would have been nice to turn to Mario second half when we needed some individual magic, but not going to moan too much as I thought Mancini's substitutions were spot on.

From start to finish everything was sooooooooo slooooooooooow.

Quite a few of the players weren't at it all today, with special mention to Dzeko

I seem to remember reading years ago that Martin Tyler is a Sunderland fan. Was in the 80s when we played them at Maine Rd and sent them down.

Shocking performance from some City players not all.

Nasri....will he ever have an impact on a game. So much running about and 3 yd passes....but never any end product.

West Brom and Sunderland (lucky offside goal!) have shown everyone in the Premier League that the best way to get at City is "Park the fucking BUS" in front of the gaol. I CANNOT WAIT for them to come to our home ground so we can beat the living shit out of them.

The Linesman was just sucked into the moment of the game and I don't think he was even paying attention.

Out of curiosity, when refs and Linesmen make wrong decision, what does the FA do to them? Or do they just get a pat on the back? Anyone?!

Certainly a lost opportunity today.

I think Bobby will be extremely angry at some of the performances.

Dzecko - generally average, striking poor and a complete lack of pace when through, Mario would have done better I feel. Even the headed chance went wide.

AJ - lost his wish to attack / take on other players. I am inclined to the view of others that he should not start (unless we play Championship opposition).

Nasri - anonymous, again

NDJ - can't get the ball forwards and didn't do enough to stop them, Vinny had to do his job on many occasions.

I don't see the argument that we should start strong. We need our best team on Tuesday.

It does tend to say that our second team knows it is second and does not truly want to be part of the first (with some exceptions).

Yes, dissappointing - but would you have taken this at the start of the season ?

When you play like that, you deserve it.

I don't usually like to slate any of our players, but Yaya, that was fucking piss poor on that last play.

We lost because of you. Walking back after aguero's miss is a fucking let down in my eye.

I don't care if you've had a bad game, but if you don't give 100% on every play then you can fuck off.

Bad result. No more. Lost and still top. Obvious why he started with that 11 but edin up by himself is a mistake. Needs to be part of a 2. Will be forgotten when we beat Liverpool.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.