Sunderland Vs City Post Game Discussion Thread

Ray78 said:
Mancini has got his tactics wrong in this game, I am hoping this game is the kick up our arse we definitely need.

How many times have we said that?

Answer: way to many

Bringing lescott on as a striker, we pay god knows how much to mario and we bring lescott on as a striker.

Please can some body not see things have to change.

Didn't put one single quality cross in to create a chance.Especially when we had Dzeko on the field which was really disappointing.Javi Garcia couldn't keep up with the pace.Really Disappointing.

Cheadle_hulmeBlue said:
MCFC-Scott said:
Look at our strikers at their old clubs, they were direct, 20 a season strikers. Now they're forced to play with their backs to goal because this system doesn't suit their strengths. We've relied on individual brilliance for too long now and we've been well and truly found out. No pace, no width, no desire.

under manicni we have never played with width or wingers yet we still won the league, every team relies on individuals from time to time, van persie, mata, suarez without them those teams would be fucked

Did we win the league because we never played with width or wingers? Or did we win the league in spite of not playing with width or wingers? If it is the latter, maybe utilizing pace and width might have made for an easier win last season and a better level of performance and position in the table than what we have seen recently...

abu13 said:
total wank, no plan B,

No title this year.
Agreed it will be very difficult to retain the title now, but we are seven points behind, still 50 plus points to play for. Our Strikers will hopefully find some form soon and start converting chances, we created enough good chances to win this game today, but for whatever reason we cannot take them at the moment.

Obviously Mancini has fallen out with Lescott, Zabba has arguably been best right back in Prem this season and today starts at left back with Lescott on bench, this is not good shouldn't let personal problems get in the way of best team selection.

Still feel hat once Strikers get their form back we can still run the Rags close for the title but will be tough.

We didn't deserve to lose that but we also didn't deserve to win it,looks like our dreadful transfer window in the summer may just about to be coming to bite us on the arse .
If I'm not mistaken that's the last three games at sunderland we havent even scored,not good today at all but we will see how good our players really are now.

YourBirdCanSing22 said:
zark said:
no difference to any season under 4-2-3-1 formation and zonal marking.
nothing is different to last season

big problem is/was
johnson/je jong out
sinclair/garcia in

poor signings [except for the natastijc]

Blame the manager if you like. He won us our first title in 44 years, outsmarting the best manager in English football on the way. He then told Marwood & Khaldoon he needed Van Persie, Hazard and De Rossi to strengthen for a title defence.

He got Javi Garcia, Jack Rodwell and Scott Sinclair.

We let De Jong go because we wouldn't pay him what he asked for, and bring in TWO worse players to replace him. Why?

I doubt it was all Marwood. Though he was definitely part of it. Personally I think Kahldoon has a lot to answer for also. A mixture of inexperience, arrogance and people thinking they knew better than the manager who had just won the title could well cost us our defence of it.
Why do people keep going on about Van Persie we could not buy Van Persie because of Balo and Dzeko two players Mancini specifically asked for it' shard to ask for new signings when you can't the best out of your own signings. De Rossi was never going to come so if wasted all summer trying to get him it's his own fault.

Re: Im joining the mancini out brigade

citymad said:
Caveman said:
Mr Ed (The Stables) said:
I can see where you are going with 57 points to play for, however we are 19 games (exactly half way) into this season having taken 39 from those previous 19 games and when you factor in we've only taken 7 points out of the last 15 available I think you're being optimistic about even contemplating about getting 57 out of 57. We'll be lucky to get 80 points the way we are playing at the moment.
We'll sign in January. We'll almost likely improve over the second half of the season. And if we don't...oh well...we'll dustr ourselves down and try and win the title again the season after.

Man of reason.
People always talk as if the current season is the last there ever will be and don't look ahead to the future. Many people don't even look ahead to the rest of this season.

YourBirdCanSing22 said:
zark said:
no difference to any season under 4-2-3-1 formation and zonal marking.
nothing is different to last season

big problem is/was
johnson/je jong out
sinclair/garcia in

poor signings [except for the natastijc]

Blame the manager if you like. He won us our first title in 44 years, outsmarting the best manager in English football on the way. He then told Marwood & Khaldoon he needed Van Persie, Hazard and De Rossi to strengthen for a title defence.

He got Javi Garcia, Jack Rodwell and Scott Sinclair.

We let De Jong go because we wouldn't pay him what he asked for, and bring in TWO worse players to replace him. Why?

I doubt it was all Marwood. Though he was definitely part of it. Personally I think Kahldoon has a lot to answer for also. A mixture of inexperience, arrogance and people thinking they knew better than the manager who had just won the title could well cost us our defence of it.

Sack the board lol. You muppet.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.