Sunderland Vs City Post Game Discussion Thread

Playing as champions is much harder because every team treats it like a cup final, as other posters have pointed out. This really shouldn't be a problem for the players that we have, but it is. I know it's nearly impossible to walk the ball into the net with 10 men defending, so that's when we need to be mixing it up with some pacey wingers and big units in the box (and by big units in the box I don't mean Joleon fucking Lescott).

Because of the cup final mentality that teams now employ against us it was vital to push on in the summer and improve the squad - sadly we regressed. The only summer signing I'm really chuffed with is Nastasic, the rest of them I'm not impressed with. Garcia and Rodwell will no doubt come good, but at this point we can't be hoping and praying, we need top class players to help us overcome the cup final mentality we're met with in every game. I know Nige wanted to leave so retaining him was out of the question, and I know Johnson wanted to leav too, but we still has the bulk of last season's players and none of them are really turning it on this year.

Mancini doesn't have a plan B or a plan C which if frustrating, because you end up with 90 minutes of us running into a wall of defenders. If it's crap for us to watch it must be awful to play in that system knowing you're getting nowhere.

For what it's worth I'd ship Tevez and Balotelli out, bring in Falcao and Cavani, possibly Fellaini and Baines too, and also a decent right back to cover Zabaleta in place of Maicon. Pie in the sky though with FFP looming large (and the fact we've already spent a lot of money on our squad).

As it is something has to change, we're not half as good as we were last season. Hanging players out to dry in press conferences hasn't worked so far, now Mancini must personally start to accept the blame for our woeful performances.

Manchester United have the worst team I can remember for a long time, we should be easily outpacing them in the league. Sometimes it's advantageous to be a few points off the pace to relieve pressure on the team, but if we keep performing as we are, United will be out of sight very soon.

I'm not in the Mancini out brigade, and I'm not saying we should go and spent zillions on new players - but something has to give otherwise we'll be lucky to finish in the top 3.

Standing still as champions is fatal as many of us said at the start of the season. We did just that when Mancini cried out for players to take us to the next level. I have a lot of doubts about Mancini, his predictable tactics and all, but had he been given what he asked for we'd be pissing the league especially as United's best player would be partnering Aguero up front and Chelsea's best player would be one of our two playmakers.

Edit: And don't start with the "he wanted to go to London" and "he only wanted United" shite, they went to the clubs with the best offers, end of story.

Mancini is right in his assessment of the strikers...need to be more clinical.
Nasri coming back will be a plus hopefully because I thought his first half v Newcastle was his best and ours this season...I imagine we would have approached this game with the same team had he not been injured.
Utd could easily have got nothing today if Sami Ameobi had put his chance away.
Fine lines and plenty to play for.

80s Shorts said:
YourBirdCanSing22 said:
zark said:
no difference to any season under 4-2-3-1 formation and zonal marking.
nothing is different to last season

big problem is/was
johnson/je jong out
sinclair/garcia in

poor signings [except for the natastijc]

Blame the manager if you like. He won us our first title in 44 years, outsmarting the best manager in English football on the way. He then told Marwood & Khaldoon he needed Van Persie, Hazard and De Rossi to strengthen for a title defence.

He got Javi Garcia, Jack Rodwell and Scott Sinclair.

We let De Jong go because we wouldn't pay him what he asked for, and bring in TWO worse players to replace him. Why?

I doubt it was all Marwood. Though he was definitely part of it. Personally I think Kahldoon has a lot to answer for also. A mixture of inexperience, arrogance and people thinking they knew better than the manager who had just won the title could well cost us our defence of it.

Sack the board lol. You muppet.
He's right!

Plus why does everything have to be about sacking someone? Nobody needs sacking, everyone just needs to learn and move on. Mancini was stern and vocal about what he wanted and i think he was let down by half hearted attempts from people above him; they don't need sacking, just need to learn a lesson.

You cannot stand still, ever, in sport.

alibobs36 said:
Realy lneed another keeper to keep Joe on his toes,he is a shoe in at the moment and he is making f---ups in most games

No worries, we have Pants as our backup keeper.

Re: we love you city ..........

Caveman said:
Cheadle_hulmeBlue said:
We lost, we're gonna lose some points throughout the season just as united are.
8 points behind last season and we came back

COME ON CITY ONWARDS AND UPWARDS !!!!!!
THIS!

People need to step out of the playground and get a fucking grip of themselves. We'll lose again this season, maybe another three or four times so people need a fucking reality check and start getting used to it.

We're playing no worse than we were from December to April last season (pretty much half the season). We were NOT brilliant last season like some/many people seem to have some stupid and warped memory of.

57 points to play for.

Obviously, we will lose a few games during the season. Against Chelsea, Spurs, Arsenal - teams in the top of the table. Not against teams in the bottom of it. unfortunately we can not afford it.

I fail to see how Mancini will turn it around ...

shit performance....dorget about the title is utd bounf from now on the team really need a big shock and that will come maybe in the summer with mancini being replaced by one of pep or mourinho..all of we are very cong to mancini for the FA cup and the title but in the direction the club want to join he is simply to small...with txiki and soriano i expect a new manager in summer

BlueMoonoverUS said:
@BBCSport: More from Mancini: “It’s important that our strikers start scoring more goals, sometimes we take one touch too many." <a class="postlink" href="http://t.co/6bRIcy74" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://t.co/6bRIcy74</a>

He said it there... "One touch too many"

He knows what's wrong and he'll fix it. :)

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.redcafe.net/f6/mancini-you-listening-364023/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.redcafe.net/f6/mancini-you-listening-364023/</a>

Bookmark this thread for when we WIN THE LEAGUE ! People saying united wont do the same again and blow up why not ? they cant defend and tbh 7 points is nothing in late december lets stay positive as fans you all know we can win the league again KEEP THE FAITH !

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.