Sunderland Vs City Post Game Discussion Thread

Someof the teams we have beaten this season - Soton, Reading, Newcastle, QPR, Wigan, Fulham, Swansea, Sunderand, Aston Villa - not exactly the creme de la creme is it? Have a look at where they all are in the league table....
Some of the teams we have not beaten this season - Arsenal, Ajax, Madrid, Everton, Man Utd, Dortmund, Chelsea....in other words every decent team we have played this season we have failed to beat, with the exception of Spurs.

What is so fucking frustrating is that they wouldn't put 10 men behind the ball against the rags. We're everyone's cup final.

Not see the game but we are stumbling on. Oh to see us drub someone in the league again.
The title will be gone by January. Hope to god the Barca execs have some quality in the pipeline.

It's like driving a Ferrari with the handbrake on.

Richie said:
Blue Heaven said:
Caveman said:
Instead of sacking him, why don't we let him sign an attacking/creative mid like we are sorely lacking?

A thousand attacking mids are not going to be able to dribble through a picket fence. Unfortunately, Bobby simply won't accept this...

Exactly - we don't move the ball from back-to-front quickly enough, giving the opposition time to flood into their own box and defend, whilst we play it along the line looking for an opening that simply isn't there. For example, can someone tell me the last time we created a one-on-one?

There are that many opposition players between the ball & the goal that we are not creating as many chances as our possession domination should.

Aguero had a 1 on 1 there goalie saved it

bad result should have scored in the first half ..a little concerned that tevez is always first choice for sub maybe mancini should look at his tactics

Boring Boring City

Remember LAST season when we used to deride the punters on TV and in the media who were calling us "boring"??

Well, maybe they were being prescient, because we have slowed to a crawl compared to the lightning attacks of last season, which opened up space for Tevez and especially Aguero to get a hatful of goals. We were confident, strident and unbeatable.

Today, ponderous, three passes too many in an 18 yard box containing about 18 players, and NO-ONE willing to take the FIRST AVAILABLE SHOT from the edge of the box.......EVER!

Today, had there been a "Boring Boring City" chant, it would have been more truthful than ironic, which is a bad thing considering it was GOALS, GOALS, GOALS that won us the league last season.

All of that said, my hat is off to the thousands of Blues who traveled up to Sunderland on Boxing Day for that performance. While I don't EXPECT you to get a refund for your troubles, you deserve one! Well played to all the TRUE BLUE City FANS. I was pissed off sitting on my couch at 9am watching the game on FoxSoccerChannel here in Chicago, so I can only imagine the feeling heading home from that DIRE display.

stock-footage-emoticon-animation-clapping.jpg

citymad said:
What is so fucking frustrating is that they wouldn't put 10 men behind the ball against the rags. We're everyone's cup final.
Utter nonsense. The rags deal with the same but Ferguson isn't a fucking idiot and finds a way to win.

Cheadle_hulmeBlue said:
sunderland played well, oh well next game MOVE ON

Sunderland did put their all into the game , but the fact is that City dominated the game (57% possession) , had more shots on goal , and quite frankly blew the game ...... after Johnsons goal it was odds on they'd defend for their lives , and we played right into their hands.

First half was when we should have made it pay .....

Paulmcfc2703 said:
citymad said:
Utter nonsense. The rags deal with the same but Ferguson isn't a fucking idiot and finds a way to win.

Like they did against Swansea last week?

Paulmcfc2703 said:
citymad said:
mate go fuck a united fan

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.