Sunderland Vs City Post Game Discussion Thread

Boxing Day with the family in Liverpool. Not fookin happy :-(

Can someone check our last 10 Boxing day fixtures? Seems like this happens more often than not :-(

waspish said:
Richie said:
Blue Heaven said:
A thousand attacking mids are not going to be able to dribble through a picket fence. Unfortunately, Bobby simply won't accept this...

Exactly - we don't move the ball from back-to-front quickly enough, giving the opposition time to flood into their own box and defend, whilst we play it along the line looking for an opening that simply isn't there. For example, can someone tell me the last time we created a one-on-one?

There are that many opposition players between the ball & the goal that we are not creating as many chances as our possession domination should.

Aguero had a 1 on 1 there goalie saved it

Aguero has been poor all season but the bigger problem is the performances that yaya,silva and nasri have been putting in.

Also the lack of threats from our full backs overlapping.

We have been pretty average all season. We have only beat villa, Sunderland and Wigan without any drama's

Complacency, poor transfer window. Shite tactics and players who have been under performing.

It's not Mancini fault its the players. Strikers were terrible today, Midfield was slow and slopp passing shooting, defence played pretty well but Joe was awful.

The players need to take a long hard look at themselves and sort it out.

The league is all but gone now if we lose at Norwich it's over...

paul powers mustache said:
Another £250 quid totally wasted.

I'm listening to the radio and hearing about another 'heroic' defensive display from the team we've played: we make it easy for them. EVERY GAME, teams play narrow against us; knowing we play a system that doesn't accommodate goals. Teams are happy to play narrow because they know how we're going to play.

My mum could beat Joe Hart on his left-hand-side

Why didn't we start with Barry?

Today was bad but Reading was worse; we only managed one scrappy goal against a team that had conceded 5 the game before at home. I'm afraid it isn't 'onwards and upwards' this is really worrying

tache? tick

slag players off? tick

sniff of red shit? tick

waspish said:
Blue Heaven said:
waspish said:
Yes but we know Mancini doesn't believe in wingers so its pointless if we got Hazzard he would of played left of the three not as a Winger

Exactly my point. You're the only one here who has referenced Hazard.

Oh right cross wires its just that you said "Isn't that why a manager buys wingers for his squad as well?"

So I just made the point if we had of for Hazzard he wouldn't of played him as a winger anyway

even with wingers who are you gonna cross it to, with dzejo on the bench and tevez and agureo barely ever scoring headed goals

waspish said:
Richie said:
Blue Heaven said:
A thousand attacking mids are not going to be able to dribble through a picket fence. Unfortunately, Bobby simply won't accept this...

Exactly - we don't move the ball from back-to-front quickly enough, giving the opposition time to flood into their own box and defend, whilst we play it along the line looking for an opening that simply isn't there. For example, can someone tell me the last time we created a one-on-one?

There are that many opposition players between the ball & the goal that we are not creating as many chances as our possession domination should.

Aguero had a 1 on 1 there goalie saved it

Wouldn't class that as a typical one-on-one (ie creative play releasing a forward to take the ball a considerable distance with just the goalie to beat - similar to Dzeko's sixth against the scum, or Aguero's goal against the arse in the cup)?

Not given up all hope yet, but we need a turnaround pretty bloody quickly starting Saturday v Norwich.
Situation now is as a result of a combination of various factors:-
Most players are nowhere near the level of form and consistency of last year.
Teams know how to nulify us better than last year.
Squad not as strong as last year - IMHO.
Rivals have strengthened - Rags and Chelsea got their 1st choices, we didn't and had to settle for players at a level below the level we were targeting.
Not learning from previous mistakes, as 1 poster has said we have not beaten Sunderland, Stoke, Everton away under Mancini.
It can all be put right & hopefully today can be the kick up the arse we need, providing we learn from it.
Still plenty of games to go, but when others dip in form and have a bad run of results as I am sure will happen, we have to take advantage.
We can maybe only afford 2 / 3 more defeats, and we have to beat Rags away and Chelsea at home - just like we did last year.
Keep the faith.

Bobbies Black Bins said:
It's not Mancini fault its the players. Strikers were terrible today, Midfield was slow and slopp passing shooting, defence played pretty well but Joe was awful.

The players need to take a long hard look at themselves and sort it out.

The league is all but gone now if we lose at Norwich it's over...

lol

Poor finishing is costing us at the minute, plenty of shots on target, no goals.
Some width would help too, someone explain to Mancini what a winger is.
As for the subs... ffs Mancini does himself no favours.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.