Sunderland Vs City Post Game Discussion Thread

mancityvstoke said:
paul powers mustache said:
Another £250 quid totally wasted.

I'm listening to the radio and hearing about another 'heroic' defensive display from the team we've played: we make it easy for them. EVERY GAME, teams play narrow against us; knowing we play a system that doesn't accommodate goals. Teams are happy to play narrow because they know how we're going to play.

My mum could beat Joe Hart on his left-hand-side

Why didn't we start with Barry?

Today was bad but Reading was worse; we only managed one scrappy goal against a team that had conceded 5 the game before at home. I'm afraid it isn't 'onwards and upwards' this is really worrying

tache? tick

slag players off? tick

sniff of red shit? tick

Your name gives you away: why have Stoke in the title of your name?

I know why: you're a middle aged, fat loser who lives in the past and wants everybody to know that you were watching city play when we went down against Stoke.

The only good thing about tickets costing so much, for away games, is that it prices cocks like you away from the games.

Everyone bangs away about how shit it was and all that, and to a certain extent fair enough, but I think limited to just not taking chances. Out defence looked solid, certainly for the first half and the last 15 we owned the midfield.

Joe just need to make sure he stays on his toes and he'll stop making these errors that cost us silly goals.

Having said all of that, Mignolet played a blinder today.

stan bowles said:
Listening to Joe Hart on GMR post game...some choice language he's using. You can tell he's within an inch of throttling the nearest person asking questions. Maybe today is the kick up the arse the team needs....seige mentality. Get back to basics and start grinding out some wins.

Joe Hart actually pulled off a couple of top saves , but definitely has to take responsibility for the hopeful punt that Adam Johnson put in ..... i think even Johnson was surprised when it went in !

After that Sunderland were always gonna put that 'little bit extra' into their defending !

Why are we always half asleep in that ten minutes after half time????

mancityvstoke said:
Another £250 quid totally wasted.

I'm listening to the radio and hearing about another 'heroic' defensive display from the team we've played: we make it easy for them. EVERY GAME, teams play narrow against us; knowing we play a system that doesn't accommodate goals. Teams are happy to play narrow because they know how we're going to play.

My mum could beat Joe Hart on his left-hand-side

Why didn't we start with Barry?

Today was bad but Reading was worse; we only managed one scrappy goal against a team that had conceded 5 the game before at home. I'm afraid it isn't 'onwards and upwards' this is really worrying

tache? tick

slag players off? tick

sniff of red shit? tick

Your name gives you away: why have Stoke in the title of your name?

I know why: you're a middle aged, fat loser who lives in the past and wants everybody to know that you were watching city play when we went down against Stoke.

The only good thing about tickets costing so much, for away games, is that it prices cocks like you away from the games.
Stop baiting fellow blues

Paulmcfc2703 said:
stan bowles said:
Listening to Joe Hart on GMR post game...some choice language he's using. You can tell he's within an inch of throttling the nearest person asking questions. Maybe today is the kick up the arse the team needs....seige mentality. Get back to basics and start grinding out some wins.
Surely the kick up the arse was at home to Dortmund where Mancini said he knew what the problems were

Dortmund was only a mild kick up the arse. Right now we need a Michael Thorpe size-17 delivered with the force of a JCB up our collective asses.

Hello, its been a while
First of all, let me affirm that the barclays premier league has been weakened over the past two years due to a number of reasons such as poor club management ( in all areas), laziness and ineffectiveness in scoutinhg and recrUIting and also a sense of arrogance that have slowing leaked into the english game. I have always and i will always say that the Bundesliga is the best league in the world as they usually do not have the above problems and also their strong german footballing culture ( stadia full for almost ALL!!!! the matches) and they know the game in terms of management, tactics, and ultimately getting the job done. Talented players do not make a great league.

I still believe that we have done incredible well over the last 3 years to get to this level and win the trophies because it could have easily gone the other way. Mancini should also be given some credit as it cannot be easy to be in his position:
Win: It is because he has money to buy players- any manager can manage man city
Lose: It is because he is incompetent and tactically inept and ofcourse balotelli - the eternal scapgoat.

A lose - lose situation

So it has to be tough psychologically to be in his position but he seems to be soldiering on and HAS DONE A JOB!! and thats the bottom line.

Mancini does have flaws: stubborness, readiness to displace and unsettle players (e.g. the lescott issue this year) and to be honest i dont think he has bought into the manchester city project ie i think he is still emotionally detached from the club. That might sound harsh and i am no pyscologist ( not my speciality) but that is what i think.

The management, including mancini have to take responsibility for the lack of wisdom during the transfer window. I believe this to be the main reasons why we are struggling this season. Selling the best english winger ( who served as the ice breaker for many of the tight games in the past two seasons and scored so many important goals for us but was still underrated and disrespected by the manager and some of the fans) and also the best holding midfielder in the world was very careless indeed and i think dejong took some of the spirit and leadership of the team with him. We would have been better of keeping the SAME TEAM!! and perhaps looking at the young ones like razak, gudetti etc and challenging them to contribute to the first team.
We should have only bought players if they bring real improvements to the squad eg de rossi, mat hummels etc. Buying sinclair and garcia (although he had a fine game today) as replacements is almost verging on sabotage it was so bad.

So lets all know what is happening... we were terrible in the transfer window, we have been a bad this season but it is still far from over and we have to rally behind the manager and team and see how it all ends up at the end of the season.. no mancini out nonsense... WISE UP!!!

Also, THE PLAYERS HAVE TO TAKE A LOT OF BLAME AS WELL!!!! but that is another story, i have rambled enough for today.

Merry Christmas

NB: Capital letters and exclamation marks indicates shouting with anger.

The thing is watching the game today we didn't seem to have that goal scoring chance just seemed strange been like that for a while. Looking ack on the game we had so much potential but no killer touch -same old story. So is it tactics or player selection or the players themselves sitting back on last year? Maybe we have been Sussed out but as have a lot of the other top teams barca a,ways tap tip the ball (I know they are on a higher level) ud generally always attack with width ? Just my ramble ! Merry Christmas to all!

Not sure we do. We're only a little bit short and there are good reasons for it - there are a lot of missing players at the moment

What a disgrace ... really really disappointing performance once again ...
I am tired of all forum members saying people moans too much .. how can you don't moan? 1 - 0 against Reading at home, and now lost with Sunderland ... I don't see us fighting for the titel if we can't beat easily the worst teams of the league. WE NEED A CHANGE! Our game is depending too much on Silva and Yaya .. if they don' play up t their standards we don't score and win .. and i don't think it is a problem of goal chances not taken .. how many times did we shoot? not many ...

I don't believe it's possible to have 4 world class strikers out of form at the same time. Therefore I will suggest the problem lies in the system we play (ie, walk into the net).

Most can recognise this problem (ie no width against stubborn sides), and I assume the management can too.

Upon recognising it, the next course of action is to address it. This has not happened. Again, I don't believe that the management cannot see the width issue, therefore I must assume that they are ignoring it on an ideological level.

If a manager is ignoring a tactic because they are ideologically opposed to it, even though the said tactic could win games, then I question the competency of that manager.

But that's a lot of ifs.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.