Sunderland Vs City Post Game Discussion Thread

Winning is all that matters and the bottom line is we just haven't done that enough this season.

We have regressed as a team which is just not good enough.

Watching us at the moment is painful, purely because we all know what we are capable of the the potential we have.

If the rags or Chelsea or any other fucker go on to win the league then so be it but unless we start to perform as we can, nobody can honestly look back and say they are happy, surely?

Lack of pace, width, tempo, plan B....its been said time and time again but those paid the big bucks to sort it are failing to do so time and time again im afraid.

waspish said:
Blue Heaven said:
waspish said:
Yes but we know Mancini doesn't believe in wingers so its pointless if we got Hazzard he would of played left of the three not as a Winger

Exactly my point. You're the only one here who has referenced Hazard.

Oh right cross wires its just that you said "Isn't that why a manager buys wingers for his squad as well?"

So I just made the point if we had of for Hazzard he wouldn't of played him as a winger anyway

You're the one crossing wires, moron.

waspish said:
Blue Heaven said:
waspish said:
Yes but we know Mancini doesn't believe in wingers so its pointless if we got Hazzard he would of played left of the three not as a Winger

Oh right cross wires its just that you said "Isn't that why a manager buys wingers for his squad as well?"

So I just made the point if we had of for Hazzard he wouldn't of played him as a winger anyway
We use Clichy, Maicon or Kolarov, Richards as wingers in most of our games when we are playing teams who defend deep. These players weren't available and Sinclair clearly isn't rated.

In all honesty I've had a bad feeling about this season since last summer and the ridiculous transfers we made. We have been doing OK but it is clear that we have not progressed or developed as a team. I don't know why but I have had a sinking feeling and a lack of confidence in the team for most of the season and particularly when we played the European games.....for me there was a feeling of inevitability that we would be eliminated.....and sadly that is exactly what happened.

There is clearly something not right and Mancini seems unable to solve this problem. The totally unconvincing home displays against teams like Southampton, QPR, Swansea and Reading where we struggled to win by the odd goal. A top team should dispatch these teams far more easily than we have managed this season.

This is not a knee jerk reaction to today's game as I have been lacking confidence in the team basically all season. We have some wonderful players but I am really not sure if Mancini is the man to take us to that next level.

We need to freshen up a bit. Another decent striker and a box to box midfielder will do. Garcia is very average. Barry should have played today.

Ray78 said:
Mancini has got his tactics wrong in this game, I am hoping this game is the kick up our arse we definitely need.
Hope so but havn't we had a few of those already???
I knew the title would be difficult to get again this season and didn't really expect to win it but i did expect to see us improve our standard as a team whilst adding more options to our set up.
I honestly don't think our summer signings were bad... we've been really unlucky with injuries (possibly lucky last season!) and this has kept knockin us back when we get a bit of momentum.
However... WE NEED WIDTH!!!! and other formational options to change our dynamic when teams seem to have worked us out.

Please Bobby... JUS TRY WINGERS (playin on the right sides too), what have you got to lose???????????
4-3-3 (4-5-1) from now on for me please!

Listening to Joe Hart on GMR post game...some choice language he's using. You can tell he's within an inch of throttling the nearest person asking questions. Maybe today is the kick up the arse the team needs....seige mentality. Get back to basics and start grinding out some wins.

Marvin said:
waspish said:
Blue Heaven said:

We use Clichy, Maicon or Kolarov, Richards as wingers in most of our games when we are playing teams who defend deep. These players weren't available and Sinclair clearly isn't rated.

Everyone knows Clichy defends well but cannot cross to save his life - just ask any Arsen fan. Maicon and Kolarov are slooow, but at least Aleks can cross. Micah is missing most of the season. Why Sinclair if the manager doesn't rate him and won't play him. Result = no wingers, no wide play, no pace outside (or inside!), no hope when the bus is parked against us.

Kolo-Komp-Natasic-Zaba
----*Barry--Milner
----------Yaya
-------Silva
-------Aguero-Tevez

*Garcia if Barry was tired and Mancini wanted him to have a little rest

Quit putting Milner on the wing damn it, his best position is centre of the park. Dzeko on for Barry/Garcia, Sinclair on for Zaba and bum f*ck the box.

Cityinmyheart said:
Does Mancini think he is still a manager of a Serie A side,,,,,,Our team performance was lethargic and in short pathetic,,,,,No pace No width No fluidity,,,predictable moves,,,,,hell,,,I was able to guess our next passing move watching from Television,,,,,WE are losing a match and who do u bring on Barry and Lescott,,,,,,,No trust in Sinclair what so ever,,,,and the person who he came to replace scored the winner,,,,This shows our team has gone backward,,,,,
When will Mancini stop being stubborn and exercise his tactics,,,,,why does he hate wingers,,,,well because they are the reason United win 90 % of their matches,,,,,
Yaya toure need a kick in the ass and should be benched for once,,,,,he seems to have lost interest and his body language makes me disgusted,,,,all we have left now is the Prem league and we should give it all,,,,I dont know whats wrong with our team,,,,,simply disgusted,,,,
Sort it out Mancini otherwise the new spanish guys will have some sorting out to do,,,,
Is your comma key broken?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.