Sunderland Vs City Post Game Discussion Thread

Blue Heaven said:
waspish said:
Blue Heaven said:
Exactly my point. You're the only one here who has referenced Hazard.

Oh right cross wires its just that you said "Isn't that why a manager buys wingers for his squad as well?"

So I just made the point if we had of for Hazzard he wouldn't of played him as a winger anyway

You're the one crossing wires, moron.

Ok I bow down to your intelligence, can't compete with that response when I've made an honest mistake.....

stan bowles said:
Listening to Joe Hart on GMR post game...some choice language he's using. You can tell he's within an inch of throttling the nearest person asking questions. Maybe today is the kick up the arse the team needs....seige mentality. Get back to basics and start grinding out some wins.
Surely the kick up the arse was at home to Dortmund where Mancini said he knew what the problems were

Blue Heaven said:
Marvin said:
waspish said:
Oh right cross wires its just that you said "Isn't that why a manager buys wingers for his squad as well?"

So I just made the point if we had of for Hazzard he wouldn't of played him as a winger anyway
We use Clichy, Maicon or Kolarov, Richards as wingers in most of our games when we are playing teams who defend deep. These players weren't available and Sinclair clearly isn't rated.

Everyone knows Clichy defends well but cannot cross to save his life - just ask any Arsen fan. Maicon and Kolarov are slooow, but at least Aleks can cross. Micah is missing most of the season. Why Sinclair if the manager doesn't rate him and won't play him. Result = no wingers, no wide play, no pace outside (or inside!), no hope when the bus is parked against us.
All of those 4 players are great crossers of the ball. Maicon and Kolarov amongst the best in the Premiership. You can argue about their defensive ability, but against a team like Sunderland or Reading they'd be playing as wingers.

br62 said:
In all honesty I've had a bad feeling about this season since last summer and the ridiculous transfers we made. We have been doing OK but it is clear that we have not progressed or developed as a team. I don't know why but I have had a sinking feeling and a lack of confidence in the team for most of the season and particularly when we played the European games.....for me there was a feeling of inevitability that we would be eliminated.....and sadly that is exactly what happened.

There is clearly something not right and Mancini seems unable to solve this problem. The totally unconvincing home displays against teams like Southampton, QPR, Swansea and Reading where we struggled to win by the odd goal. A top team should dispatch these teams far more easily than we have managed this season.

This is not a knee jerk reaction to today's game as I have been lacking confidence in the team basically all season. We have some wonderful players but I am really not sure if Mancini is the man to take us to that next level.

This is the major difference in results and performance this season. MANUre struggle against NUFC at home but nick the points. They are no greater shakes than us, but they are getting the shots into the net. Looking at the match day centre this afternoon shows another fixture where we have battered a side on every available statistic except goals! The thing about strikers misfiring is one of the perennial mysteries of football and no amount of analysing gets the ball into the net. If the strikers make the right decision at the right time we'll win the match!

Prolific striker partnership cost us this game and almost cost us last game.

Marvin said:
Blue Heaven said:
Marvin said:
We use Clichy, Maicon or Kolarov, Richards as wingers in most of our games when we are playing teams who defend deep. These players weren't available and Sinclair clearly isn't rated.

Everyone knows Clichy defends well but cannot cross to save his life - just ask any Arsen fan. Maicon and Kolarov are slooow, but at least Aleks can cross. Micah is missing most of the season. Why Sinclair if the manager doesn't rate him and won't play him. Result = no wingers, no wide play, no pace outside (or inside!), no hope when the bus is parked against us.
All of those 4 players are great crossers of the ball. Maicon and Kolarov amongst the best in the Premiership. You can argue about their defensive ability, but against a team like Sunderland or Reading they'd be playing as wingers.

No, Clichy is a very poor crosser, Micah is simply okay. Maicon a good crosser and Kolarov an excellent one. However, the latter two are simply too slow to be intelligently utilized as wing-backs in a 3-5-2. Also, please do not forget that on those exceedingly rare occasions when Mancini has featured a real winger (AJ, Sinclair) he likes to play them on their off-wings, which encourages them to step inside on a defender but which also plays away from the sideline and any ability to cross into the box.

please can we just stay level headed

ok we are 2nd in the league to utd but we are the champions of england
something that you would have laugh at if you ask anybody 5 season ago

i said last season before we won it that we will win the league 3 out of the next 5 season so in my book we are 1 season ahead of that

ancoats said:
please can we just stay level headed

ok we are 2nd in the league to utd but we are the champions of england
something that you would have laugh at if you ask anybody 5 season ago

i said last season before we won it that we will win the league 3 out of the next 5 season so in my book we are 1 season ahead of that

great post mate and good common sense :)

stan bowles said:
Listening to Joe Hart on GMR post game...some choice language he's using. You can tell he's within an inch of throttling the nearest person asking questions. Maybe today is the kick up the arse the team needs....seige mentality. Get back to basics and start grinding out some wins.

I think the choice language should be coming from the fans who paid to travel up to Sunderland on a Boxing Day to witness another lame effort. All well and good Joe getting shirty with the media but his mistake cost us a goal today.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.