Sunderland Vs City Post Game Discussion Thread

AJ deals mortal blow in title chase. 'Typical' is making a comeback.

Get the feeling that one more points shift in favour of the rags will set them on an inexorable surge. If we keep it to minus 4-7 points, not more, and actually start to play well, then who knows.

There has always been a feeling that our A-game will come through eventually. In a way this would be role reversal - the rags have a habit of staying in contention up to December, without looking that good, and then getting on a winning run from January on. Maybe we will follow that trend. Can't say there's much evidence to support that idea, but while it's still 7 points, one slip-up gets us back in it.

The difference between this season and last is that the ball won't go in as easily as it did last year.

Look at the Toure chance blocked, Aguero shot(s) saved. They were going in last season.

Nothing major wrong. VERY VERY fine margins when you're at the top.

I would be far more worried if we weren't creating chances - which of course we are - which puts to bed this stupid width argument. If we weren't creating then maybe I'd agree we need to change but we are creating, just not being clinical enough.

If / when 1 or 2 of our strikers start scoring we'll be fine. Unless we go and buy Falcao but I can't see it.

Shows why Mancini really wanted Van Persie - this also shows that he knows what he's doing. He obviously anticipated the lack of goals situation we now find ourselves in!

LoveCity said:
Standing still as champions is fatal as many of us said at the start of the season. We did just that when Mancini cried out for players to take us to the next level. I have a lot of doubts about Mancini, his predictable tactics and all, but had he been given what he asked for we'd be pissing the league especially as United's best player would be partnering Aguero up front and Chelsea's best player would be one of our two playmakers.

Edit: And don't start with the "he wanted to go to London" and "he only wanted United" shite, they went to the clubs with the best offers, end of story.

100% true. Every word.

The window opens in a few days and we now have experienced football people in charge of transfers. Hopefully, there's now complete agreement at the club that we need what Mancini actually asked for:

- A world class defensive midfielder to replace De Jong and allow Yaya to play the advanced role
- A top class winger who gives us an option off the bench to replace Johnson
- A world class finisher. (I don't know which of the 4 Mancini was prepared to let go, but he was obviously planning to sell someone to bring in Van Persie).

I don't know how we manage FFP in line with these demands. But I hope the serious football people at our club (of which Mancini is one) are involved in all decisions this time. Instead of people with less football experience thinking they know better, which seems to be what happened in the summer.

93.20 said:
If we keep it to minus 4-7 points, not more, and actually start to play well, then who knows.
That'd be nice.

93.20 said:
There has always been a feeling that our A-game will come through eventually.
Any idea when that might happen? We've been waiting since August, and there's been very few A-game performances so far.

paul powers mustache said:
stan bowles said:
Wardie said:
There is something amiss this season.

About 20 goals and 10 points I'd say.
Nigel De Jong?

That Pizzaro got us going last season.

We need another magician in mid-field.

Nasri's back soon; you can't expect that much from Milner; he's lots of energy but really easy to read. We didn't do to badly last season when Ya Ya went.

I'm hoping for a superstar to come in the window and rescue us

Last January was not great

This quote from Mancini
"Sometimes we take too many touches and we think, 'never mind, we can score next time,' but we can't be like that - in football, it doesn't work like that."

He is spot on so the players are not listening?

Oh dear, meltdown on here !

People slagging Joe Hart ?? He made two outstanding saves today, one in the first half down to his right and the one in the second where the striker was put through.

Fans saying change the manager ? Pathetic.

Sunderland played out of their skin as do most teams playing against the champions, we lost 1-0 take it on the chin boys this forum is embarrassing for the club.

A comment made earlier about what this forum would of been like when we were shit, the thought frightens me.

In the last two seasons we haven't lost a league game by more than one goal ! Nobody hammers City anymore. United will drop points yet. We are second in the league, halfway through the season.

Bad day at the office !

Forza Mancini and the team that delivered in May

bluethai said:
Kun is in very bad form this season.

Its not his form that's the problem , its something that has to do with Mancini's training tactics . The reason why Kun was in red hot form last season was because he was coming from a team where the coach had a great attacking philosophy and some of that philosophy was still with Kun then however he has been affected by Mancini , Now don't get me wrong i am not saying he isn't a good coach but he is very poor when it comes to bringing out the best in attackers , Take Nasri for example , he was banging in goals at Arsenal however all of that changed when he came here , same with Dzeko . Take a good look at the team and you would realize that Mancini brought the best out of most if not all of our defenders however the same cannot be said about the attackers .

mancityvstoke said:
paul powers mustache said:
mancityvstoke said:
tache? tick

slag players off? tick

sniff of red shit? tick

Your name gives you away: why have Stoke in the title of your name?

I know why: you're a middle aged, fat loser who lives in the past and wants everybody to know that you were watching city play when we went down against Stoke.

The only good thing about tickets costing so much, for away games, is that it prices cocks like you away from the games.

Why do I have Stoke in my username?

You really don't know Mr Tasche?

Think again.....oh and you calling me a cock is prize hypocrisy

Are you Mr riddles?

I've told you why you've put stoke in your username: to draw attention to that awful game when both clubs went down a division, and loads of our fans were stabbed. (good bloke) I honestly think it gives you an edge. It makes you sound really hard; which is what you want. You'd fit in at Stoke

What do you have against facial hair? Why is my username that sinister? Do you have a secret about a man with a mustache?

guvnors son mcfc said:
Oh dear, meltdown on here !

People slagging Joe Hart ?? He made two outstanding saves today, one in the first half down to his right and the one in the second where the striker was put through.

Fans saying change the manager ? Pathetic.

Sunderland played out of their skin as do most teams playing against the champions, we lost 1-0 take it on the chin boys this forum is embarrassing for the club.

A comment made earlier about what this forum would of been like when we were shit, the thought frightens me.

In the last two seasons we haven't lost a league game by more than one goal ! Nobody hammers City anymore. United will drop points yet. We are second in the league, halfway through the season.

Bad day at the office !

Forza Mancini and the team that delivered in May

wastin yer time mate. Full of stupid red cunts

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.